Gotta give the indoor range a miss for a while [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Gotta give the indoor range a miss for a while

Houngan
07-09-2007, 18:57
Lead level came back in the 40s, I'm going to have to quit the indoor shoots for quite some time. I'll still be at the outdoor shoots, and I might have a good deal on a ridiculous amount of .40 masterblasters soon.

H.

domzilla9
07-09-2007, 19:02
I'm curious to know, if you don't mind, what made you get it checked in the first place? Was it just a "while I'm here" sort of thing or were you having symptoms?

What's a tolerable lead level?

domzilla9
07-09-2007, 19:06
For non-pregnant adults, a level below 25 micrograms per deciliter is generally considered to be acceptable. If a worker has levels above 45 micrograms per deciliter, he must be removed from lead exposure until his blood lead level drops below 40 micrograms per deciliter. Removal may also be recommended if he is symptomatic at any level below 70 micrograms per deciliter.

From http://www.labtestsonline.org/understanding/analytes/lead/test.html#what

Houngan
07-10-2007, 06:47
Originally posted by domzilla9
I'm curious to know, if you don't mind, what made you get it checked in the first place? Was it just a "while I'm here" sort of thing or were you having symptoms?

What's a tolerable lead level?

No symptoms to speak of, I just wanted to check.

H.

Berretta9
07-10-2007, 09:04
I have mine checked every six months while they are doing the normal cholesterol check. Might as well while they have you vented and all.

Berretta9
07-10-2007, 15:25
How often were you shooting indoors ??

45gunner
07-10-2007, 17:51
Originally posted by Houngan
No symptoms to speak of, I just wanted to check.

H.

Just to put stuff into perspective.

Judging from the way your mag well looks I would venture to say you have shot a little more than most of the people that shoot with us.

How often have you shot indoors over the past two years or how many rounds have you shot over the past two years while indoors.

Do you primarly shoot lead or jacketed?
What is the ratio?

Houngan
07-10-2007, 20:40
I shot every Tuesday, pretty much, and the ventilation doesn't work in the bay, you'll recall. I always had the "sweet" taste of lead in my throat afterwards, and I shoot polymer-coated lead, which doesn't help. I've shot about 16k rounds this year, I'd say.

H.

Bren
07-12-2007, 11:34
Just one of the many reasons I never shoot indoors.