Just got back from the Smokey Mts [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Just got back from the Smokey Mts

Ralphumor
07-09-2007, 21:14
I just got back from the Smokey Mts today. We rode the Cherohala Skyway and the Dragon yesterday. Then today I rode from Cherokee NC to Ashville NC on the Mt Parkway. The best part was I got to ride with my father. The second best part was the Mt Parkway. WOW! what a AWSOME place to ride. I cant wait to go back and ride the whole thing. It was a great day to ride. It was in the upper 80's lower 90's with humidity to match and we got to sit in traffic on I40 for about an hour while they trimmed trees. After that we got to ride down the hills with all the really BIG trucks with REALLY BIG RAINDROPS, then wind dry just to get wet again. There was NO WAY I was going to pull over and put on a rain suit on that stretch of highway. It was hot enough to dry us off anyway. I did miss the car when I was sucking all the fumes sitting in traffic with sweat running down cracks and stuff. I got over it. Once I figure out how to make the digital camera talk to the crt I will put the pictures on photobucket. Of course I have to figure out how codivecop put the link on. I have a wife that will help other wise it will take me a little bit. It is so awesome to ride with family and friends. I have yet to ride out west but if the Rockies are half as awesome as the Appalachian then it will be worth the wait. :supergrin:

fnfalman
07-10-2007, 01:51
Congratulations on a nice ride. I wonder when will the rest of the states in the US will become enlightened and let motorcyclists split lane like in California?

oldgraywolf
07-10-2007, 04:24
Originally posted by fnfalman
I wonder when will the rest of the states in the US will become enlightened and let motorcyclists split lane like in California?

Given the almost total lack of regard for motorcyclists in general, I'd say it's about as likely as nationwide unlicensed open carry.

Ralphumor
07-11-2007, 08:26
http://s205.photobucket.com/albums/bb54/RALPHUMOR/

Hope this works....:supergrin:

FoxMustang
07-12-2007, 08:45
It works :thumbsup: Great pics, looks like a fun trip.