Trying to attach a non-Word document to an e-mail [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Trying to attach a non-Word document to an e-mail

chisler
07-10-2007, 12:20
Does anybody know if I can attach to an email a text document that was created in WordPerfect, to open correctly as a Word document? Can Word do this automatically if the receiving party has Word on their computer?

Or does the document have to be created in a Microsoft Word program?
Thanks

malkore
07-10-2007, 16:39
I think Word can open Word perfect files.
Hell i think Word Perfect can open Word .doc files too.

send it and find out.

chisler
07-10-2007, 17:21
That's what I thought, too. I must be fouling something up somewhere. I tested it with a send to other people and it opened up fine for them. Oh, well. I'll create the document in a "real" Word program and then use that as the attachment. Thanks again.

Washington,D.C.
07-11-2007, 05:06
WordPerfect is the standard for law offices. I remember not long ago there was a court case involving Microsoft. Microsoft's lawers submitted their legal briefs to the court in Microsoft Word format. The judge returned them and told Microsoft that his office only had WordPerfect and requested the briefs be in WordPerfect format.

Blitzer
07-11-2007, 07:17
Originally posted by Washington,D.C.
WordPerfect is the standard for law offices. I remember not long ago there was a court case involving Microsoft. Microsoft's lawers submitted their legal briefs to the court in Microsoft Word format. The judge returned them and told Microsoft that his office only had WordPerfect and requested the briefs be in WordPerfect format.

Not all law firms have stayed with WordPerfect. ;)

Thirties
07-12-2007, 10:41
In wordPerfect there is an option to save your files as a Word document. This pops up when you try to "save as...".

Why don't you just do that ans attached it as a Word document?

chisler
07-12-2007, 11:28
Thirties, you're right, I saw that in the "save as" option. The choices included some as various Microsoft Works documents, and the only one showing Word was listed as something like "Word 97-2003," so I picked that for saving and then sent the attachment, but it wouldn't open for the recipient.
I must be messing it up somehow in the process, just not sure what I'm doing wrong. Thanks a bunch, though.