aftermarket seats [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : aftermarket seats

Timotheous46
07-10-2007, 15:24
Does anyone here have any opinions or advice on aftermarket seats? My stock VTX seat seems to get harder as I pass the 100 mile mark.

Tim

oldgraywolf
07-10-2007, 17:25
Corbin saddles are the best I've found.

Goldstar225
07-10-2007, 18:34
I'll cast a vote for Mustang seats. My bike went from 200 miles a day with pain to 400 miles a day with comfort after I bolted on a Mustang.

fnfalman
07-10-2007, 18:41
I have two Sargents and one Corbins. The Corbins doesn't even come close to the comfort and fitment of the Sargents that I had. The Sargent foams are so good that you feel like sitting on air all day long. The Corbins foam was better than stock but not much. The thing that I hated from the Corbin was the cheesy way they made the seat pan. Besides myself, two others were disappointed with the way the seat pans bolt holes don't line up with the bike (Aprilia Tuono 2007) not to mention that the Sargent seat pans look like a quality bit while the Corbin seat pan looks like it was made by high school shop students.

lionheart
07-10-2007, 19:35
Originally posted by fnfalman
I have two Sargents and one Corbins. The Corbins doesn't even come close to the comfort and fitment of the Sargents that I had. The Sargent foams are so good that you feel like sitting on air all day long. The Corbins foam was better than stock but not much. The thing that I hated from the Corbin was the cheesy way they made the seat pan. Besides myself, two others were disappointed with the way the seat pans bolt holes don't line up with the bike (Aprilia Tuono 2007) not to mention that the Sargent seat pans look like a quality bit while the Corbin seat pan looks like it was made by high school shop students.

:agree:

Sargents smokes the corbin.

Look for a replacement stock seat on Ebay and send it to sargent for a rebuild.

oldgraywolf
07-11-2007, 03:40
Originally posted by fnfalman

Thanks for the good information, looks like I'm behind the times with Corbin. I remember when they were considered premier and I never tried anyone else's product.

Timotheous46
07-11-2007, 06:56
Thanks for the advice. Now I gotta save up my pennies.

Tim

fnfalman
07-11-2007, 23:51
Originally posted by lionheart
:agree:

Sargents smokes the corbin.

Look for a replacement stock seat on Ebay and send it to sargent for a rebuild.

I still have the stock seat for my Tuono 07, but the damn thing is buried in the storage shed somewhere. One of these weekends I'll find that mother and send it to Sargent for resaddlery.