I would never do this,but....... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : I would never do this,but.......

frank4570
07-10-2007, 15:31
I was driving into D.C. the other day on 66 and just before I left Va and went into the district I realised there were trees beside me. And these trees were in peoples backyards. So people live right next to 66. Well, me being me, the first thing I thought was" Hey, perfect tree for a climbing tree stand." So I got to wondering. Could a person get into trouble if he was on his own property and he just decided to put on his blaze orange and sit in his climbing tree stand and watch the cars go by on 66 like 30ft from the highway.It would certainly get MY attention. And the police too I'm sure. But would you be breaking any laws?

vafish
07-10-2007, 16:00
I checked with Fairfax County Animal control,

Deer hunting on your own property is perfectly legal in Fairfax County, as long as you use a Bow or Crossbow and you hunt in a manner to prevent your arrows from impacting on a neighbors property.

Rifles are not legal for deer hunting in Fairfax county and shotguns require an inspection by the game warden and at least 20 acres of property.

So yes you could put up a tree stand on your own property and hunt.

I hunt over in Great Falls on a 3 acre parcel with a crossbow. The homeowner has damage control permit and I can hunt year round.

Bonk
07-10-2007, 16:18
In terms of just sitting there and watching, as long as you have permission from the land owner and aren't doing anything naughty/indecent/obnoxious, like mooning drivers or reading a copy of "Oprah", you should be fine.

Of course, being NoVA, someone's going to get offended. :thumbsup:

Fungunner
07-10-2007, 18:32
Originally posted by Bonk
Of course, being NoVA, someone's going to get offended. :thumbsup:

Word!