lost my permit.. sheriff offices no help [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : lost my permit.. sheriff offices no help

Nyper
07-10-2007, 20:12
I moved from Greensboro to Raleigh about 5 1/2 weeks ago. In the process, I lost my wallet. :(

I was already waiting for the Guilford County (greensboro) sheriff's office to mail me a change of address form, since I didn't have time to actually go to their office.

I called the lady in Greensboro and inform her how I lost my drivers license, permit, etc and ask what I need to do to get another one?

She says just mail back the change of address form with a copy of my new drivers license and she will mail me a duplicate. Ok.. no problem. I do that the same day.

Two weeks pass and I hear nothing.. so I call her. She basically says "oh yeah... I'll put it in the mail today."

So last week I get it in the mail.. but where's my new duplicate of my lost permit? She didn't send it. She only sent the change of address form.

So I call Wake County sheriff's office and just ask if I absolutely have to have my permit or if I can get a duplicate from them? Am told I have to get a duplicate from Guilford County. So I call Guilford County back and tell her that.. she says "no.. you can get it from Wake. I'll send over your paperwork."

So I AGAIN call Wake County and am finally told "yeah.. just come here with your change of address form and we'll make a duplicate for you."

Ugh.. 4 weeks of being jerked around and not having a permit.

gconan
07-11-2007, 19:17
Bummer. But you could go ahead and use it as an excuse to get yourself another Handgun!

Glocks&Ducs
07-16-2007, 18:58
That sucks. In Onslow county, they actually issue two permits if you pay another $5 for the second one. I didn't ask about the actual legalities of carrying the second one while the paper work for the original is being routed, but I still keep them seperate in case I lose the original. Although it looks different, it can actually be customized while being issued, it contains all the same information that the original white one does, plus a thumbprint, and it is signed by the Sheriff. I imagine it is as legal as the original.

spober
07-17-2007, 14:59
Originally posted by Glocks&Ducs
That sucks. In Onslow county, they actually issue two permits if you pay another $5 for the second one. I didn't ask about the actual legalities of carrying the second one while the paper work for the original is being routed, but I still keep them seperate in case I lose the original. Although it looks different, it can actually be customized while being issued, it contains all the same information that the original white one does, plus a thumbprint, and it is signed by the Sheriff. I imagine it is as legal as the original. in wake county they will actuarly give you up to 5 permits at a time at 5 bucks ea.!so thererererer!

Glocks&Ducs
07-17-2007, 15:08
Originally posted by spober
in wake county they will actuarly give you up to 5 permits at a time at 5 bucks ea.!so thererererer!

Oh duh! I thought we were talking about concealed carry permit. Not measly permit to purchase. I guess I am kind of slow. :upeyes:

Nyper
07-24-2007, 19:26
Sorry for not clarifying... I was talking about my concealed carry permit. Not being originally from NC, I still forget you have to have other 'permits' to even purchase a handgun without a carry permit. It has officially been about 7 weeks now and I STILL do not have my carry permit replaced. Mad? Yeah... slightly...