Three Sailors killed in Iraq [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Three Sailors killed in Iraq

DHansen
07-11-2007, 09:45
WASHINGTON (AP) -- The Navy says three sailors based in Hampton Roads were killed Thursday during combat in Baghdad.

Petty Officer 1st Class Jason Dale Lewis was killed in Iraq.

Petty Officer 1st Class Jason Dale Lewis and First Class petty officers Robert McRill and Steven Daugherty died when an improvised bomb detonated under their Humvee.

“Petty Officers Lewis, Daugherty and McRill were patriots in the truest sense. Our hearts and prayers go out to their families, friends, and teammates during this very difficult time. They had a combined 34 years of dedicated service to our country. Their sacrifices and commitment will live on in each of us as we continue to fight the Global War on Terrorism,” said Capt. Chaz Heron, Commander, Naval Special Warfare Group Two. “These Sailors embodied the Navy core values of honor, courage, and commitment, time and again in training and on the battlefield. The Naval Special Warfare family will miss them and will ensure they are never forgotten.”

http://www.wvec.com/news/local/stories/wvec_local_070707_sailors_killed.52e974ca.html

Edited down a bit - link contains short bios of each.

PO1 Daugherty was a shipmate of mine and leaves a son behind. :shakehead: :sigh:

RIP Steve! :patriot:

TexasGlock23
07-12-2007, 14:55
Sorry to hear more shipmates have gone...and sorry for your loss. Hold your head up high though, we all know what they stood for!

GLOCK35TX
07-13-2007, 09:23
I served with Bobby McRill at NAS Dallas in the base photo lab.
The news is still pretty hard for me. He was assigned to SEAL Team 2 as a combat photographer.

He leaves behind a wife and 3 children.

Bobby was one of those rare people you meet in life that you could always count on to be there when things got bad.
He was a Hell of a guy and one who will be sorely missed

He is being buried today in Virginia....

Rest in Peace
MC1 Bobby McRill
Born April 15, 1965 ~ KIA July 6, 2007
Naval Special Warfare Group TWO

...you will be missed...