Best gunshop in the Cleveland area? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Best gunshop in the Cleveland area?

A_Fletcher
07-11-2007, 13:33
What's the best gunshop in the Cleveland area? One that's clean and has decent prices on things. Pawn shops are included in this as well. I'm completely new to the area and I don't even know where to begin.

northcoast
07-11-2007, 15:30
Welcome to Cleveland!

Stonewall in Broadview Hts, right of of 77 has a good selection. I don't find them particularly cheap on prices, but they are great place to get a gun you are interested in into your hand.

They also have a large selection of rental guns to try out at their range.

I find some of their staff very friendly, some seem like they can't be bothered waiting on you.

So twice so far I've looked and rented there, but bought somewhere else.

Are you on the E side, or W side? There is a shop in Eastlake on Vine Street. They're pretty friendly, but I don't like their range as much (it's not as nice and they charge you more per hour if you bring your own ammo).

I've heard good things about Atwells in Painesville, but haven't been there yet.

Good luck,
Northcoast.

A_Fletcher
07-11-2007, 15:34
I'm just off State Road in Parma. I'll have to check out Stonewall, I've vaguely heard of it but I've never been there.

Captain Rehab
07-15-2007, 07:52
So...How was your trip to Stonewall?

Atwells has Stonewall BEAT for merchandise availability, but their range is very small.
Its more for "try before you buy" shooting, where-as Stonewall is larger, and more for recreational plinking.

If youre interested in directions to Atwells, let me know.

Catalina
07-15-2007, 09:45
If making the trip for SW Cuyahoga County to Painesville you gotta stop at these two places

Atwells (http://www.merchantcircle.com/business/Atwells.Police.And.Fire.Equip.Company.440-354-5593)

Best Firearms (http://www.google.com/search?source=ig&hl=en&q=Best+Firearms+Painesville&btnG=Google+Search)

Further SW I've had good luck here although the proprietor rubs some folks the wrong way. Let him know your serious & mature & he is a great guy.
Royal Ridge Shooters Supply (http://www.rrssohio.com/) and here (http://www.medina-ohio.net/royalridgeshooters/content.html)

This place is awesome, too:
B&T Shooting Supplies (http://www.btshooting.com/)

nehpets99
07-16-2007, 14:05
Originally posted by northcoast
Stonewall in Broadview Hts, right of of 77 has a good selection. I don't find them particularly cheap on prices Boy is that an understatement. I stopped in there today looking to get me a Ruger Vaquero (stainless finish, 5.5"bbl). I've been quoted at $475 OTD and I had $500 cash in my pocket...they were asking $520 PLUS tax and their business policy is to not deviate $.01 from the sticker price. Their business policy is their right, but they won't get my business so long as I can find it elsewhere cheaper.

So I guess I too need to find a decent shop, or maybe even an FFL willing to offer a GT discount :)

ETA: my low quote was provided by a friend of a friend who owns a shop in Columbus. As I'm in Cleveland I'd like to avoid a 2-hr. drive.

northcoast
07-16-2007, 14:15
:laughabove:

Same when I was looking for a G26. I think they were in the upper $500 range, I got one for mid-400's.

When I got my previous (and first) gun I told the place (Big Bore - used to be in Eastlake) what I could get it for elsewhere, could he come close. He came down to within $20, and for that amount I like having the local shop around, so I was fine with it.

If you don't mind driving a little, I got my G26 at Goschinki's Fin Feather and Fur in Ashland - they were very helpful, big selection, etc. As soon as I got it someone told me about a place that was even cheaper closer to downtown Ashland, not on the highway. I don't remember the name, sorry.

Good luck.

Northcoast.

nehpets99
07-16-2007, 14:23
While I'd really love to get this while I've got money just sitting here, I may just wait a few weeks till I go back to school and get it at Shooter's Supply in Loveland; I've heard nothing but the best things about them.

lakota222
07-17-2007, 09:54
I have always been treated well at Dick's Gun Room in Cuyahoga Falls. They always seem willing to deal especially when I pay cash, and the only 2 times they didnt have what I wanted was when I was AK-47 and AR-15 shopping.

www.dicksgunroom.com

nehpets99
07-23-2007, 23:56
Law Enforcement Officer's Shooting Supply (http://leossguns.com/)

No, it's not just for LEO's, it just describes the owner. He helped teach the CCW class I just took Sunday. Pretty much he just adds $50-$75 to the base price. Go to the site, get his email address, and send him an email if you're in the market for something. He's getting me my Vaquero for 475 + tax, 25-50 less than everywhere else I've checked.

Drew78
08-08-2007, 16:21
Atwells!!!

They are a family owned business who cater in large part to LE, but do a lot of civi sales as well. Dan and Chuck (Atwell) will take good care of you and have GREAT selection and pricing esp on Glocks.

Someone else on here mentioned Royal Ridge. I bought a 23 from them before, and while they have good Glock pricing, they nickle and dime you to death. Meaning the background check cost me 5-10 bucks, they charged me full price on a set of Trig. night sites, and the an addition $25 to install them. Add in tax, and it was not much of a deal.
The last Glock I purchased from Atwells, I got them to come down a little off the asking price for the G19, no cost for background checks, the same Trigi night sights were discounted if purchased at the same time as the firearm, and they installed them for free while we "shot the yit".

Also Atwells range, while not state of the art, WORKS, and its CHEAP!!! 12.00 per hour and you dont have to buy anything from them like other ranges that make you buy their targets and or ammo.

Just good folks over there...

And no, I dont work for them.....

-Drew

Ghost361
08-12-2007, 09:59
As far as price goes Atwells is the best place around. There is a link a little higher in this thread. They will also order anything you want. If you are just looking to ogle a little bit then you can't beat a gander mountain. There is one in mentor and twinsburg both roughly the same distance from where you are.

NEO Clevelander
08-12-2007, 11:38
B&T Shooting is a nice place if you want to stay (relatively) local. I live on State just North of Parma, so we're in the same vicinity. It's about a 15 minute ride up Pearl road. The guys there are very knowledgeable, and the guy that sold me my G27 is a Glock armorer. Prices aren't as low as Atwell's, but I pretty much saved the difference in gas to drive out to Painesville.

My late dad always shopped at Atlantic Gun & Tackle in Brecksville, but their prices are very high. He had a rapport with the owner, so he used to get deals, but I never really dealt with them.

Catalina
08-13-2007, 19:42
Someone else on here mentioned Royal Ridge. I bought a 23 from them before, and while they have good Glock pricing, they nickle and dime you to death. Meaning the background check cost me 5-10 bucks, they charged me full price on a set of Trig. night sites, and the an addition $25 to install them.

No background check fee for me recently. Is that even legal?

$25 for sight installation sounds about normal, no?

I checked three local stores & internet dealers (considering shipping, FFL fee, and sales tax) and no one could come close to Royal Ridge on Sig Arms products. I priced out 4 different Sig models. Don't know about other brands.

The proprietor can be gruff.

Hask12
09-20-2007, 13:22
I have NEVER paid for a background check

Upgrayedd
10-10-2007, 18:20
Make sure to stay away from Atlantic.

Hask12
09-14-2008, 05:54
They charged for a background check?

sigpro-fessor
09-21-2008, 18:41
This place is awesome, too:
B&T Shooting Supplies (http://www.btshooting.com/)

Bought my G19 and my Sigpro from these guys. One guy is a cop and knows his stuff.

sigpro-fessor
09-21-2008, 19:20
My late dad always shopped at Atlantic Gun & Tackle in Brecksville,.

Their Northfield, OH store is the same. Prices are laughably high, and they're known for being condescending and dare I say.. racist.

sigpro-fessor
09-21-2008, 19:21
They charged for a background check?

Yeah Ive never been charged for a BG check. WTH?

sigpro-fessor
09-21-2008, 19:22
StoneWall is close to you and has an outstanding selection. Their staff knows me personally, and they have a decent range. Their prices OTOH leaves something to be desired. Superb rental selection as well.

IB6UB9
09-24-2008, 15:19
I have always been treated well at Dick's Gun Room in Cuyahoga Falls. They always seem willing to deal especially when I pay cash, and the only 2 times they didnt have what I wanted was when I was AK-47 and AR-15 shopping.

www.dicksgunroom.com
Dick's gun room has been good to me if you are in the area youcan also try http://www.proarmament.com/

Rager
12-27-2008, 05:34
Stonewall in Brecksville. http://www.stonewallrange.com/

Atlantic's other shop is in Maple Heights on Northfield Rd.

Northfield Gun&Tackle is _in_ Northfield.

Swanny
12-29-2008, 16:53
The Gun Shop in Medina is close to me and has good prices. They are small and don't have a large inventory, but they can get whatever you want.

Catalina
12-31-2008, 16:24
The Gun Shop in Medina is close to me and has good prices. They are small and don't have a large inventory, but they can get whatever you want.

You thinking of this place http://www.rrssohio.com/ ?

Swanny
01-08-2009, 13:05
You thinking of this place http://www.rrssohio.com/ ?

No.

The Gun Shop
218 N Court St
Medina, OH 44256
(330) 723-2254‎

lakota222
01-08-2009, 14:44
Although a little bit of a hike from Cleveland, Slugmasters on Route 5 near Warren seems to have some decent prices on new guns.

sigpro-fessor
01-08-2009, 15:49
Tag for later.

mbat
01-09-2009, 22:18
B & T is a great shop in the Cleveland area. Right at the I-71 and Pearl Rd exit in Middleburg hts. They have a decent inventory and can get you anything they don't have fast. Their gunsmith services are excellent.

I have bought a lot of guns around here, mostly from the shops mentioned, but one thing I will absolutely stand by...

The mangement of Royal Ridge in Brunswick needs some serious people skills. I will not spend a dollar in that store. The owner and his know it all assitant have turned more possible new gun owners off than Jane Fonda in a teddy at the Hanoi Hilton.

That store comes up in conversations of freinds of mine asking me what the heck their problem is. I think if the owner lightened up a little, he would be a millionaire. I have personally witnessed them being insulting and condescending first hand and have heard friends complain and even people I didn't know at my gun club. Time and time again I have heard that people went and bought elsewhere.

I think that man is doing a disservice to gun owners. We are a persecuted minority in this country and we need to recriut all the new shooters we can in a positive manner.

NAS T MAG
01-09-2009, 22:40
B & T is a great shop in the Cleveland area. Right at the I-71 and Pearl Rd exit in Middleburg hts. They have a decent inventory and can get you anything they don't have fast. Their gunsmith services are excellent.

I have purchased at least 90% of my guns from them. Their prices are decent, but their best asset is they will give you an honest evaluation.

Their range in Lorain is not as nice as Stonewall's, but their gun prices are lower.

Rager
01-10-2009, 06:13
The management of Royal Ridge in Brunswick needs some serious people skills. I will not spend a dollar in that store. The owner and his know it all assitant have turned more possible new gun owners off than Jane Fonda in a teddy at the Hanoi Hilton.

That store comes up in conversations of friends of mine asking me what the heck their problem is. I think if the owner lightened up a little, he would be a millionaire. I have personally witnessed them being insulting and condescending first hand and have heard friends complain and even people I didn't know at my gun club. Time and time again I have heard that people went and bought elsewhere.

I think that man is doing a disservice to gun owners. We are a persecuted minority in this country and we need to recriut all the new shooters we can in a positive manner.Years ago, there was a shop in Bedford, Oh. right in town. First time in there, in the 90's, the counterguy refused to let someone handle a rifle, "Well you're just gonna go on the internet and buy it. Everybody does." It was my last time too. I didn't own anything at the time.

Sort of unfortunately, he shortly thereafter sold a pistol to some shmoe that used it in a crime. And then the wait legislation was enacted.

Bluestone
01-14-2009, 19:49
I'm just off State Road in Parma. I'll have to check out Stonewall, I've vaguely heard of it but I've never been there. I too live off State Rd in Parma. Atwells is the place, hands down. Stonewall is expensive and more than anything nasty. I've never met a polite or helpful person there. I only go there if and when absolutely necessary since Atwell's is 30 miles away.

Rager
01-14-2009, 22:11
I too live off State Rd in Parma. Atwells is the place, hands down. Stonewall is expensive and more than anything nasty. I've never met a polite or helpful person there. I only go there if and when absolutely necessary since Atwell's is 30 miles away.You can share a booth at Stonewalls. .. just sayin'

Upgrayedd
01-16-2009, 09:28
Stonewall is expensive and more than anything nasty. I've never met a polite or helpful person there.

The people working there might not be perfect, but I meet some of the nicest people shooting there. If you never met someone who was polite or helpfull shooting there, the problem is you.

GLOCK23DK
01-16-2009, 10:04
The mangement of Royal Ridge in Brunswick needs some serious people skills. I will not spend a dollar in that store. The owner and his know it all assitant have turned more possible new gun owners off than Jane Fonda in a teddy at the Hanoi Hilton.

That store comes up in conversations of freinds of mine asking me what the heck their problem is. I think if the owner lightened up a little, he would be a millionaire. I have personally witnessed them being insulting and condescending first hand and have heard friends complain and even people I didn't know at my gun club. Time and time again I have heard that people went and bought elsewhere.

I think that man is doing a disservice to gun owners. We are a persecuted minority in this country and we need to recriut all the new shooters we can in a positive manner.

I went to Royal Ridge when I first got my CHL. I was looking for carry ammo and they sold Speer Gold Dot in 50rd boxes. Yay for me. So, I get there, I go in to take a look at the round, he reluctantly opens a box for me every so carefully, hands me a round, tells me that he calls them "Flying Ashtrays" because of the deep hollow point, and then snatches it out of my hand and says "you're going to tarnish them, then I cant sell them". I was standing there shocked because this all happened in about 8 seconds.

His assistant is the epitome of a mall ninja. When I go to pay for my Gold Dots, the assistant, all of 140lbs and 6' tall, dressed in his tight polo shirt, BDU's and army boots, says "Thats a good round..." he then proceeds to pull a small .380 out of his small of the back holster and says real "Dirty Harry-ish" "I had to defend myself and shoot a dog this weekend....Gold Dot did the job. Its what I carry every day." Again.....my jaw is on the floor. I cant believe this place.

As Im leaving, the owner follows me outside for something, see's my truck (a 2000 S-10 ZR2 lifted a little more than stock) and says "Ha! what is that? The baja special?" I said "Excuse me?" and he just laughed....

I dont know what his problem is.....I hear he's an amazing gun smith....but what an A-hole D-bag.

Catalina
01-16-2009, 17:57
The people working there might not be perfect, but I meet some of the nicest people shooting there. If you never met someone who was polite or helpfull shooting there, the problem is you.

Must be me too. I mainly see extremely dangerous, amateurish gun handling skills from people that I would not associate with.

Granted, this is mainly weekends when I have a chance to stop by and check out their used guns - their new gun offerings while impressive in terms of quantity and variety sell for MSRP+

Is during the week when the polite and helpful shooters are at Stonewall?

Catalina
01-16-2009, 18:08
Bill Bash, quirky proprietor of Royal Ridge Shooting takes some special handling skills. Check out his mug shot here http://medina-ohio.net/royalridgeshooters/content.html

I have experienced his, um... personal skills numerous times - if you can't handle his gruffness, well then maybe you should talk with Hand Banana - it may be your problem :rofl:

His Sig Sauer, Glock, and Smith prices are very competitive for a family run shop.

He can be extremely distrustful until he realizes you are a serious person if you are a serious person that is.

He really, really, knows his gunsmithing and is cheap!

GLOCK23DK
01-16-2009, 18:52
Bill Bash, quirky proprietor of Royal Ridge Shooting takes some special handling skills. Check out his mug shot here http://medina-ohio.net/royalridgeshooters/content.html

I have experienced his, um... personal skills numerous times - if you can't handle his gruffness, well then maybe you should talk with Hand Banana - it may be your problem :rofl:

His Sig Sauer, Glock, and Smith prices are very competitive for a family run shop.

He can be extremely distrustful until he realizes you are a serious person if you are a serious person that is.

He really, really, knows his gunsmithing and is cheap!

Right. Its me. the 438956239623 people that find Bill to be more than "quirky" all have the problem....RIIIIIIIIIIGHT.

I find that if 1 person has a problem with 100 people, its probably the fault of that 1 person. If 100 people have a problem with 1 person, it is also probably the fault of that 1 person.

He knows his stuff, he's an awesome gun smith, his prices are "good" on a lot of stuff, but he's a richard cranium, to say the least.

Rager
01-17-2009, 18:02
The people working there might not be perfect, but I meet some of the nicest people shooting there. If you never met someone who was polite or helpfull shooting there, the problem is you.I hadn't been in there for 4 - 5 years till this morning. I was treated well. (Stonewalls)

jasonb
02-10-2009, 21:59
I accurate Arms still in business on Rt 82 and Island?

Every shop is pretty well covered and I will definatley say that the owner of Royal Ridge must have some form of personality disorder, one day he's showing you all around his shop and the next he's dropping your range bag full of guns on the floor because you put it on the counter and didn't buy his ammo for the indoor range.

If you wanna come to the Canton area, Kames Sports( www.Kamessports) has pleanty of EBR and EBPs. Prices are as fair as you'll likely see considering the times.

+1 for Rich at B&T. Both of my GLOCKS and my one of my HKs were from him. It's nice having an armorer around. They are very pleasant to deal with.

02-16-2009, 08:26
I like Atwells but it is a really far drive for me and Stone Walls as been hit or miss with employees, deals open time on the range. I used to shoot quite a bit in Canal Fulton but since the ownership change I spend most of my time at the Pro Armament/Riverside Range in Cuyahoga Falls.

I have only been to the Royal Ridge shop twice and I will agree that the owner can rub you the wrong way. We have named him "grumpy" and we now refer to his shop as "Grumpy's".

I have only shot on his range once because I needed a place close to my house to sight in a red dot on my son's new 10/22. The owner did not approve of my rifle and stated look what you have done to that rifle...you turned it into a evil looking rifle to which I responded ...Ain't America a great place to live.

With that said, he does have good prices on firearms.

Swanny,
I have not been to The Gun Shop in Medina even though I drive past it all of the time. How is their prices and selection on Glocks?

Blitzer
02-16-2009, 10:14
Boy is that an understatement. I stopped in there today looking to get me a Ruger Vaquero (stainless finish, 5.5"bbl). I've been quoted at $475 OTD and I had $500 cash in my pocket...they were asking $520 PLUS tax and their business policy is to not deviate $.01 from the sticker price. Their business policy is their right, but they won't get my business so long as I can find it elsewhere cheaper.

So I guess I too need to find a decent shop, or maybe even an FFL willing to offer a GT discount :)

ETA: my low quote was provided by a friend of a friend who owns a shop in Columbus. As I'm in Cleveland I'd like to avoid a 2-hr. drive.

Try the Gun Shoppe at Coventry plaza in South Akron, Ohio. :supergrin:

Good prices and a quaint little MA & PA type of store.

3333 Manchester Rd # 5
Akron, OH 44319

<nobr class="tel">(330) 644-8797</nobr>‎

Map (http://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&ie=UTF-8&q=Gun+Shoppe+akron+ohio&fb=1&split=1&gl=us&dtab=7&cid=13146709257307807366&li=lmd&z=12&t=m)

Due to the current environment most places feel their prices are not negotiable.

jasonb
02-16-2009, 10:39
Try the Gun Shoppe at Coventry plaza in South Akron, Ohio. :supergrin:

Good prices and a quaint little MA & PA type of store.

3333 Manchester Rd # 5
Akron, OH 44319

<nobr class="tel">(330) 644-8797</nobr>‎

Map (http://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&ie=UTF-8&q=Gun+Shoppe+akron+ohio&fb=1&split=1&gl=us&dtab=7&cid=13146709257307807366&li=lmd&z=12&t=m)

Due to the current environment most places feel their prices are not negotiable.

THat's a good shop. He has a good amount of reloading supplies as well.

Soulless One
02-17-2009, 01:13
I know these two posts are really old, but I find them very interesting nevertheless.

There is a shop in Eastlake on Vine Street. They're pretty friendly, but I don't like their range as much (it's not as nice and they charge you more per hour if you bring your own ammo).

This would be Sherwin Shooting Sports. It is indeed kinda dirty and dingy, but every range I've ever been to is. And I dunno if they changed their pricing since the post above, but I actually find them way cheaper than Stonewall, et al. Its like $18 for all you can shoot, not by the hour. And if you buy ammo from them they knock it down to $14 for all you can shoot. So each time I go I usually just buy one box of Hornady TAP HP (my CCW ammo) to get the range discount. Then I buy my actual range ammo from Wally World, Dick's, etc. Find me another place where I can shoot for hours on end with my own ammo, where I can even leave to take a food break in the middle, there's no extra charge for eye or ear protection, and still pay less than $15.

Their Northfield, OH store is the same. Prices are laughably high, and they're known for being condescending and dare I say.. racist.

I drive by this Atlantic Gun & Tackle all the time but I've yet to ever actually go inside, just because I've always heard their prices and selections sucked. But I find it intriguing that they could be racists given the neighborhood their in. Hell, I usually seem to be the only white guy for miles around whenever I go to the Randall Mall area. So who in god's name did they think would be their main clientelle when they opened a location in Northfield? Now you've got me so curious I'm gonna make it a point to stop in there in the next few days, just to scope out who is working - and shopping - in there.