New CCW packet. What can be salvaged? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : New CCW packet. What can be salvaged?

passive101
07-11-2007, 18:24
I did everything beforehand and got the old style of fingerprinting done.

I had it notarized with the stamp, have a picture, and a photocopy of my ccw course from WI which works for FL.

My question is this. The sheet of paper that is signed and notarized can I still use that? I don't remember who signed it. Did that have anything to do with the fingerprinting?

Or do I just have to pay for new digital fingerprinting and bring in the new blank fingerprint card and have the live scan done?

Thanks again everyone

passive101
07-12-2007, 12:29
Anyone know on this one? If the white paper doesn't need anything else on it I can just bring in the new fingerprint card and get a "live scan" done and then send this in and wait a couple weeks for my permit :supergrin:

I'm hoping that is all it is so I don't have to pay for a new signing at the city hall building.

LurkMastR
07-12-2007, 18:44
If I understand you correctly, you should be ok with this approach. The notarized application is separate from the inked fingerprint card and/or the scanned fingerprint card.

I got the inked fingerprint card done 1st, then I later realized that I had filled out the inked card incorrectly. My notarized application was still good, so I went and got the fingerprints re-done at a "livescan" location and then sent in all the paperwork (livescan fingerprint card & notarized application & certificate of training & photo).

Hope this makes sense.

passive101
07-13-2007, 11:12
yes thank you very much.

They refused to do a livescan for me today because my drivers license is out of state. Also out of 3 people there none of the people knew what they were doing or what the rules or laws were. they also told me that my fingerprint card had the wrong numbers on it

The new card says "CHAPTER 790. F.S."

I've been told to go to other places so many different times from the cops down here I'm beginning to think WI style carry is just so much easier. :sad: