No More Riding For Me [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : No More Riding For Me

USMCsilver
07-12-2007, 12:43
I hate to do it, but I think I'm done for a while. I miss boating, fishing in the deep blue, and it's about time to do some more of that. Not to mention, I can drink beer while fishing...

Plus, to add to it, my work schedule sucks and only have one weekend off a month. I can't ride when my friends ride, so, well, it doesn't make sense to keep three bikes, pay insurance on them, and pay property taxes...

Another bike will probably be somewhere in my future, but it probably won't be a superbike. I like the Honda Interceptor, and if I get another, that'll probably be the one.

Anyway, y'all be good. I'll still check in every now and then.

If anyone is interested in a sweet bike, with lots of accessories, at a great price, CLICK HERE!!! (http://glocktalk.com/showthread.php?threadid=726687)

J.R. Bob Dobbs
07-12-2007, 14:19
Hate to hear somebody else giving up the sport. My good friend and ex-riding buddy won't ride anymore, after his self-induced and pre-warned crash.

I think you'd get some mighty good Karma, by GIVING that nice bike away to another GT'er who'd be more than willing to come up to SC and get it ;) Karma; you'll never know when you'll need it.

uzimon
07-12-2007, 14:29
i been ridin hayabusas since 01
i think you just need a faster bike
nothin like doin 82 in 1st gear, with 5 more gears left:thumbsup:

whogasak47
07-12-2007, 17:55
Go Limit out on the fishees, and Enjoy the Beer. Good Luck and Ride Safe. :thumbsup:

Maybe name that boat after a fav. Bike. Makes and models, you have many choices to choose from.

ndbullet500
07-12-2007, 23:59
Hey, have fun in everything. If riding doesn't grab you more than things like boating and fishing, you are making the right choice. The risks of riding on the street are real, and frankly, it takes a deep love of motorcycling to make it worth the danger. You may fall out of a boat, but risk for time spent is much lower.

I do love it, but when I left the ER and went to the Kwak dealer after my collision, I didn't look at the fastest supersports. Not because they aren't fun, but because they are VERY fun at velocities that are poorly suited for public roads. If you come back to riding, consider something that doesn't require (or entice) extraordinary risks like a litre bike. My Royal Enfield Bullet 500 is a joy to ride, and a comfortable perch. But it isn't fast.

Speed is fun. But fun doesn't always require hyper-velocity riding on the street. A slower bike than your Honda with more pleasant ergonomics and rational design for everyday use would probably be more fun for most people, maybe you too. I know you have a Sportster (right?), but that swings too far the OTHER way to me.

Whatever, enjoy yourself. Glad you didn't stop riding because of an accident.

Rinspeed
07-13-2007, 13:10
I have way to many hobbies myself. As you get older time gets more scarce. Sometimes I think spending less time on the computer makes the most sense.

Ralphumor
07-14-2007, 07:01
Originally posted by Rinspeed
I have way to many hobbies myself. As you get older time gets more scarce. Sometimes I think spending less time on the computer makes the most sense.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: + 1

geoffinak
07-23-2007, 19:35
Originally posted by Rinspeed
iYou run and you run to catch up with the sun but it's sinking, racing around to come up behind you again, the sun is the same in a relative way but you’re older, shorter of breath and one day closer to death….

Great sig line, your own or a quote, if either do you mind if I use it sometimes and give credit where credit is due
Geoff

ranger88
08-02-2007, 03:52
I think te quote is from the Pink Floyd song "Time". Great song by the way. Especially the part about missing the starting gun.

Rinspeed
08-02-2007, 04:38
Yes it is from the song Time written by David Gilmore of Pink Floyd. It's one of my favorite songs.

bac1023
08-16-2007, 19:45
:crying:

DriBak
08-21-2007, 16:11
Are you the USMCSilver from the Rolex forum ?

Infallible
08-23-2007, 00:15
Originally posted by uzimon
i been ridin hayabusas since 01
i think you just need a faster bike
nothin like doin 82 in 1st gear, with 5 more gears left:thumbsup:

Yeah get a ZX10 and do 100 in 1st gear :D

USMCsilver
08-24-2007, 14:55
Originally posted by DriBak
Are you the USMCSilver from the Rolex forum ?

Yup! Thought that was you!

J.R. Bob Dobbs
08-24-2007, 16:45
.....does anybody really know what time it is.....does anybody really care?.......

RUT
08-25-2007, 07:51
>>As you get older time gets more scarce<<

Funny isn't it? You'd think it would be the other way around!! :)