Question about a PCI-e Videocard. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Question about a PCI-e Videocard.

IndyGunFreak
07-12-2007, 16:02
Well, my CPU fan started making kind of a wierd noise this morning, and I was thinking this system is getting towards the end of its lifespan, so I'm in the process of getting to look at some things in preparation for a new one. I was considering the card below. My question is, I run Dual Displays, can I run one display off the VGA port, and the other off the DVI port(via the vga adapter)? I can't really find any clear documentation on if you can use both ports at the same time.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814143109

Any help anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated.

IGF

chbix
07-12-2007, 18:58
yes you can run one off of each one.

EAJuggalo
07-13-2007, 01:58
IGF do you have any experience with that Manufacturer? That looks like one hell of a card for only 120.

IndyGunFreak
07-13-2007, 04:44
Originally posted by EAJuggalo
IGF do you have any experience with that Manufacturer? That looks like one hell of a card for only 120.

I personally don't, but I've got a friend who has a BFG card and he's been happy with it(had it about a year)... I may not get that card specifically, as I'd like to research it a bit more, my question really pertained to if I could run dual screens off the card or not... I was pretty sure I could, but I didn't want to buy it to find out otherwise.

IGF