KPDL Shoot this weekend [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : KPDL Shoot this weekend

45gunner
07-12-2007, 21:07
There is going the be a KPDL pistol match with a rifle match side match at the KnobCreek shooting range this weekend.

domzilla9
07-13-2007, 05:11
Which day? What time? How much?

I have never been to a KPDL match. How many rounds are required? Do I have to wear something camouflaged? Do I have to perform tactical reloads with retention?

Houngan
07-13-2007, 06:06
Heh, it's not that bad. They want concealment, and the courses of fire are usually pretty rigid, i.e. you have to move somewhere before engaging certain targets, even if they are visible from an earlier position. It's low round-count, usually, I'd say bring 100 rounds and you'll take the majority home with you.

H.

domzilla9
07-13-2007, 06:43
Can I wear a disguise?

Berretta9
07-13-2007, 07:36
If you are going to practice at the top of the hill you may want to wear a flak jacket. I think you should wear the big nose, glasses and mustache disguise.

45gunner
07-13-2007, 15:24
I don't think most of you have been there often enough to really comment on the matches.

The matches try to get you to you street type guns and discourge the use of high end guns although lots of people use them.

Scoring is different in that an A hit kills the target and does not require an additional shot. All guns are classified as major or minor. There is not such a thing as limited, Open division, Limited 10, or production. No Open type gun is allowed.

Different people run the matches each month. If I'm running the match then it's an IPSC like match.

If some people in the national guards runs the match then it may be more tactical and may even have you cut the pie.

Once in about every 4 matches you may have to do a tactical reload.

In the winter when everyone is wearing a coat anyway you may draw from concelment.

The rounds count is usuall < 50 for three stages.

Most stage make use of metal poppers and some paper.

The top shooters are normally IPSC shooter.

45gunner
07-13-2007, 15:25
Originally posted by Berretta9
If you are going to practice at the top of the hill you may want to wear a flak jacket. I think you should wear the big nose, glasses and mustache disguise.

When I shoot at the indoor range I need a flax jacket to keep from getting hit by flax from the metal and a good ventalation system. Neither of which is present.

Your already have a big nose and a mustache and glasses Greg:animlol:

45gunner
07-13-2007, 15:32
Originally posted by domzilla9
Which day? What time? How much?

I have never been to a KPDL match. How many rounds are required? Do I have to wear something camouflaged? Do I have to perform tactical reloads with retention?

Saturday, sign ups from 10:00 - 12:00

You only have too if you want to.

B+Shooter
07-14-2007, 20:48
You do realize that most of the Bluegrass forum is patronized by GLIPSC shooters, right? Any time I ever see KPDL mentioned in this forum, someone has to bash it. I know more than a few of us have come out to Bluegrass and shot, but you don't see us bashing GLIPSC.
Many of you look like elitist snobs when you make those comments.

By the way, the KPDL shoot went really well. My thanks go to all the RO's for setting some really good stages.

domzilla9
07-14-2007, 21:52
It's rare that I can get out to shoot on a Saturday. If I could have today I would have made the KDPL shoot. No, I've never shot a KDPL match but I've shot a few matches with one of its regulars, John W. aka "45gunner". I like making fun of John, because not only can he take it but he can dish it out. B+ Shooter, put a cup on and join in on the fun. GLISPC shooters are not afraid of being made fun of.

45gunner
07-15-2007, 04:02
The KPDL shoot this week had some very practical and fun stages in the match.

The first scenarios took place in a bank with four bad guys, wearing body armor, hiding behind bank patrons. You started by walking backwards into the bank then upon turning must find the bad guy and take them out with head shoots. The course layout was not know prior to starting because of a black wall covering the course that you entered by walking backwards.

The second stage required that you hit 6 IPSC A zone targets while walking in four different directions. Judging by the low scores on this stage it was very challanging. Misses in the white counted as double penalties.

The last stage was a Jeff Cooper drill. Three IPSC targets which must be shot in the order 1 body,1 body, 2 body, 1 head ,1 head. The logic behind this was if you were confronting 3 assailants you would shoot the first and second one with 1 bullet and then while they were reeling from the wounds the last one would be killed by the two kill shots. You then finish the last two off with head shots.

Yes we do enjoy the kidding as much as shooting the matches somtimes.

I shot two scored matches this weekend. Once for score and the other for giggles all for $10.00. A real deal.

There will be a rifle match next month. This month's got cancelled due to some scheduling problems.

Most dude GLIPSC shooters will probably be intimidated by shooting a rifle match. So you may not want to come:animlol:

Berretta9
07-15-2007, 08:04
Gee John, You are a founding memeber of Glipsc. Are you afraid of the rifle shoots ?? I guess I've shot the KDPL shoots 4 or 5 times and I really don't have an issue with them. Most of the complaining I've heard comes from their regulars. The " gameing " phrase keeps comming up. I do think the range at the top of the hill is a little on the dangerous side.

heavyfire7537
07-16-2007, 12:13
B+shooter,

Old domzilla sounds like a bad motor scooter to me, be careful. The hill deters the true believers from shooting down there. I believe we are going to make it handicap accessable for the GLIPSC weenies.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

domzilla9
07-16-2007, 12:15
Originally posted by heavyfire7537
B+shooter,

Old domzilla sounds like a bad motor scooter to me, be careful. The hill deters the true believers from shooting down there. I believe we are going to make it handicap accessable for the GLIPSC weenies.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

WTF?

Just don't ask me to bend over. I'll rip my pants.

tacshooter0233
07-16-2007, 12:26
"WTF?"

That post looks like a joke to me. Jock up and laugh.

As far as bending over.....What does that mean?

B+Shooter
07-16-2007, 16:11
Ok,

I'm sorry that KPDL can't be creative enough to start each scenario with " You find yourself in a poorly ventilated concrete box..."

I think I will suggest that the next KPDL match will be shot with everyone wearing dark goggles with waxpaper inside to simulate the awesome lighting conditions of indoor shooting.

:thumbsup:

domzilla9
07-16-2007, 16:19
That's the spirit!

TreehugginGlock
07-16-2007, 17:25
Originally posted by tacshooter0233
As far as bending over.....What does that mean?
Ask Berretta9, he can tell you all about that one.

Oh, and gunner, it's not "cut the pie", it's "slice the pie". You know one of the IPDA terms you IPSC boys hate to say. LOL

I've shot KDPL once, but it was in the winter and I froze my arsh off. Just haven't been available since it warmed up. KAPS on a Sunday works better into my summertime weekends. Perhaps I'll get down there again, but really do hate the hill especially when it's slick.

tacshooter0233
07-16-2007, 17:33
I read about the lead issue at bluegrass. What is up with that?

domzilla9
07-16-2007, 18:18
I read about the lead issue at bluegrass. What is up with that?

See other thread: http://glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=727366

Berretta9
07-16-2007, 18:57
Originally posted by TreehugginGlock
Ask Berretta9, he can tell you all about that one.

Oh, and gunner, it's not "cut the pie", it's "slice the pie". You know one of the IPDA terms you IPSC boys hate to say. LOL

I've shot KDPL once, but it was in the winter and I froze my arsh off. Just haven't been available since it warmed up. KAPS on a Sunday works better into my summertime weekends. Perhaps I'll get down there again, but really do hate the hill especially when it's slick.

Ahhh you are not going to tell us that you've never bent over and ripped your pants ?? I don't think thats what Dom was going for anyway. I do wonder why all of the outdor shoots wait till 10:00 to start. The last Kaps and Hidden Hills matches I shot were ovens. I'd do more of them if they would start earlier while it was still cool.

45gunner
07-16-2007, 20:12
Ahhh you are not going to tell us that you've never bent over and ripped your pants ?? I don't think thats what Dom was going for anyway. I do wonder why all of the outdor shoots wait till 10:00 to start. The last Kaps and Hidden Hills matches I shot were ovens. I'd do more of them if they would start earlier while it was still cool.

A lot of people have to travel quite a distance to be there.

10:00 - 10:30 starting time allow most people to have two hours to travel and get there in time to shoot.

The hill and bad weather keeps all weenie shooters away. Bandits and robbber don't care if it rain, snow or sun shining so you must be prepared in all weather.

fryeg7
07-16-2007, 23:44
i've seen greg's underwear :shocked: :rofl: .

frye

TreehugginGlock
07-17-2007, 11:28
I'm just glad he had underwear on. The alternative is just too scary to imagine. :alex: :laughing: :scared:

domzilla9
07-17-2007, 11:32
I go commando to all of the BIR shoots. But if I ever make it KDPL I'll be sure to wear my tactical underwear.

45gunner
07-17-2007, 20:23
Bad mental vibes are at work.

45gunner
07-17-2007, 20:25
Originally posted by domzilla9
I go commando to all of the BIR shoots. But if I ever make it KDPL I'll be sure to wear my tactical underwear.

You have to go commando its cooler that way.

45gunner
07-17-2007, 20:27
Are any Glipsc weenies comming the next month's Pistol and Rifle match? We might even help you up and down the hill.

Berretta9
07-18-2007, 19:19
Originally posted by TreehugginGlock
I'm just glad he had underwear on. The alternative is just too scary to imagine. :alex: :laughing: :scared:
You know you wish you had seen the show. " Release the Kracken"

TreehugginGlock
07-18-2007, 19:30
You know you wish you had seen the show. " Release the Kracken" Kracken...:rofl:...you crack me up :animlol:

You using another one of those mirrors with "things may appear larger than they are" printed on the bottom again?:uglylol: :laughing:

tacshooter0233
07-19-2007, 12:06
45gunner,

The sun will be too high in the sky,it will be hot and there will be bugs. That hill is too steep. The air will be too fresh. We aren't comming.

Your friends,
Glipsc Weenies

domzilla9
07-19-2007, 14:08
tachshooter? are you coming to K.A.P.S this Sunday near Bardstown?

tacshooter0233
07-19-2007, 14:35
That is my duty day at work. Give me the shoot schedule.

45gunner
07-19-2007, 18:38
45gunner,

The sun will be too high in the sky,it will be hot and there will be bugs. That hill is too steep. The air will be too fresh. We aren't comming.

Your friends,
Glipsc Weenies

:laughabove: