The Latest News on Shooters' Paradise [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : The Latest News on Shooters' Paradise

Pourshot
07-13-2007, 04:41
I have been trying to go past shooters every Friday.

I will not make it today.

As of last week it looks like they had finished sifting through all of the debris for live rounds and were just waiting for enough roll off dumpsters to haul it off.

Talking to the HAZMAT guy on site he said they were going to wash down the whole area with some kind of acid that was supposed to help pull the lead out of the concrete. Once that was finished, the building would be turned over to the crews for any remaining demolition and then the re-building. He also said that there were some folks looking at the site and deciding how much of the building would have to be to torn down and what could be reused. Apparently, from the conversation, intend to leave the store front as it was.

From what I understand the lease requires the strip-mall owner to rebuild and if the owner rebuilds, Shooters must reoccupy for the remainder of their lease (5 years), but I do not think the building owner is happy with shooters since that is where the fire started.

Also, as an FYI, Shooters is still selling guns. They are located in the Coastal International building just off the I95 Newington exit. In the same building as the Gunston Deli. They can still order guns and have some of the stock from the store (No they were not damaged so there are no 'fire sale' prices).

So if you are looking for a gun, give them a call...703-339-9880

gunman_23
07-31-2007, 19:20
Tagged.

Good info to know.

gunman_23
02-23-2008, 22:31
Any new word on this?

bruce282
02-25-2008, 10:45
Any new word on this?

Shooter will not rebuild at its current location. They are looking to buy something in the Lorton area last I heard.

jamesriver
03-05-2008, 16:57
Glad to hear they are rebuilding at least, and that they're surviving as a business. I bought my Glock from them, actually, last summer, from their temporary digs in an office park kinda place. Figured I'd help them out and I wanted a Glock anyway!

Carlitos
03-25-2008, 15:17
Shooters has now ended all gun sales. No evidence they plan to ever take up sales in the future (of firearms or anything else). As a gunstore, Shooters is gone for good.

As a range, the parent corporation might be able to use their own indoor shooting range to meet thier primary goal: training armed security gaurds. Thus, if any indoor shooting range opens in Lorton or anywhere else nearby in the distant future, I personally doubt there will be any public access to it at all. As a range, Shooters is gone for good.

They don't appear to be answering the phone anymore, since they've had the same message on during business hours for the last 3 weeks. 703-491-4867

It was fun while it lasted. That's all folks.

DragonRider
03-25-2008, 16:52
That stinks, my daughter did her first USPSA match there a few years ago... Made it real easy and no stress for her.....:crying:

gunman_23
03-25-2008, 19:02
Shooters has now ended all gun sales. No evidence they plan to ever take up sales in the future (of firearms or anything else). As a gunstore, Shooters is gone for good.

As a range, the parent corporation might be able to use their own indoor shooting range to meet thier primary goal: training armed security gaurds. Thus, if any indoor shooting range opens in Lorton or anywhere else nearby in the distant future, I personally doubt there will be any public access to it at all. As a range, Shooters is gone for good.

They don't appear to be answering the phone anymore, since they've had the same message on during business hours for the last 3 weeks. 703-491-4867

It was fun while it lasted. That's all folks.

WHAT THE CRAP?!?!
What is Jim and the crew thinking?
DAMN IT!

Carlitos
03-26-2008, 12:41
Here is a piece by Shooters former CCW instructor, Bruce Jackson:

http://www.insidenova.com/isn/news/opinion/letters_to_the_editor/article/one_business_that_affects_so_many/5641/

RE: who decided Shooters' fate? The corporation that owns Shooters decided its fate.

In defense of the folks you met at Shooters, including the salaried employees who were managers like Jim Rowe, they had no say over Shooter's fate. If anyone wanted Shooters rebuilt, it was the employees.

As it is right now, every person I used to know through Shooters (including every manager) is out of a job. It is not the store managers' fault.

Pourshot
03-26-2008, 17:43
Jim has been overseas (or at least playing army somewhere) for going on 2 years. For the last year the only storefront employees were Clayton and Paul. Paul was let go about 4 - 6 months ago and Clayton quit about 1 month ago. There *ARE* no Shooter's employees anymore.

Coastal is just run by a bunch of idiots! They might be able to qualify guards but that is as far as they go. They only bought Shooter's because of the range. They never really wanted a gun store....

gunman_23
03-26-2008, 18:06
Here is a piece by Shooters former CCW instructor, Bruce Jackson:

http://www.insidenova.com/isn/news/opinion/letters_to_the_editor/article/one_business_that_affects_so_many/5641/

RE: who decided Shooters' fate? The corporation that owns Shooters decided its fate.

In defense of the folks you met at Shooters, including the salaried employees who were managers like Jim Rowe, they had no say over Shooter's fate. If anyone wanted Shooters rebuilt, it was the employees.

As it is right now, every person I used to know through Shooters (including every manager) is out of a job. It is not the store managers' fault.

I know it isn't Jim's fault.
I know it isn't Clayton or the rest of the crews fault. I'm just upset that one of the only few ranges and gun stores in NoVA has closed because of some crap corporate decision.

Joe Mamma
04-01-2008, 16:18
Damn, it's the end of an era. I've got great memories of that place and the people I've met there. Actually, I still keep in touch and shoot with some of those people.

Joe Mamma

rifle-cop624
05-01-2008, 04:58
In the short time that Phil owned the joint, Shooters went from backwoods Bubba gunshop, to a real, professional total firearms emporium with a knowledgable staff.
Word had gotten around that if you wanted a piece or some new leather, Shooters was the place to go. They had good stock and good prices (MIL and LE).
If the parent company doesn't see the loss of revenue by closing its' doors, they should be drug tested. F-ing morons.

Toledo
05-01-2009, 03:57
Shooters ever going to open again? I pass by there everyday and no sign of life at all. Can we do a group buy and take over? Just a thought.

Pourshot
05-01-2009, 04:24
Shooters ever going to open again? I pass by there everyday and no sign of life at all. Can we do a group buy and take over? Just a thought.

Actually maybe and maybe. I just talked to Jack Andresen, the owner of what has been named "the Shooters Range," this past Thursday.

Jack has run into a snag. He is now involved in divorce proceedings.

On another note, he is looking for investors.

(I will send him a link to this thread)

Aroooo
05-01-2009, 05:57
That's the new shop/range opening up on the other end of the shopping center, right?

Pourshot
05-01-2009, 06:48
That's the new shop/range opening up on the other end of the shopping center, right?

Correct -- The plan is to have 3 range bays downstairs (where Health South was) and the store upstairs (where the Olympus Gym was)