Denver AWB? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Denver AWB?

phool
07-13-2007, 09:39
Consistent with another thread in this forum, I'm from michigan and considering a move to colorado. Mostly interested in the Denver area, and (after working in detroit) would find it fairly exciting to live in such a nice clean city.

I've heard though that there is somewhat of a city assault weapon ban. Can anybody elaborate? I'm not thinking of moving for probably two years, but I'm also looking at rifles, and want to make sure I don't buy something that I'd have to sell before moving. Are handguns still allowed in the city?

Thanks,

Kalmah
07-14-2007, 18:17
http://www.cs.cmu.edu/afs/cs.cmu.edu/user/wbardwel/public/nfalist/denver_ordinance.txt

As I understand it, the AWB only applies to Denver residents. If you're a Denver resident, you can't possess an "assault weapon" within the city limits. If you're not a resident, you can still transport one through the city.

My advice, don't move into Denver itself. Plenty of surrounding municipalities to choose from.

phool
07-14-2007, 18:52
is there enough public transit to get downtown from the surrounding areas? I'd be coming from detroit where you have to drive everywhere and you shouldn't be out past dark for life in the big city. And I like how much safer Denver is.

Kalmah
07-14-2007, 23:08
Don't know about public transportation. Someone else will have to chime in on that one.

TroutBum
07-15-2007, 10:54
There is plenty of public transportion from outlying cities for example; Arvada, Thornton, Wheatridge, Littleton, Lakewood, Aurora. I don't think you will have any problem. I take the bus to the Light Rail (train) all the way to downtown. Even now, the system is being enchanced to accomodate more routes.

Good Luck with the move!

Rick

mikegun
07-28-2007, 00:08
saw your post and i was shocked when i moved to littleton about 10 mins from denver...no crime, no roudys loitering and fairly cheap to live here if i lived in mo town id run to the denver area, not walk, you will love it,

Hummer
08-09-2007, 15:31
Denver, a nice, clean, safe city? Ok.... I guess everything is relative, and I've never been to Detroit. To me, Denver is just another big ugly city. I suggest your perception of safety in Denver is an illusion, perhaps the blue sky and mountains to the west. I always carry and am especially vigilant when I go to Denver. It's long been one of the top murder cities in the USA, and the Dems control it, of course.

Welcome to Colorado, by the way. Always a place for a fellow GT'r. If you find work in the Longmont, Boulder, Lyons, or Estes Park areas, consider this beautiful home for lease in the mountains. See at this link. (http://realestate.dailycamera.com/rentals_details/31-5368627) I'll give you a $2400 Glock Talk discount. :thumbsup:

Hummer