The wait is finally up...but I have some questions [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : The wait is finally up...but I have some questions

hammerheadtib
07-13-2007, 09:50
I finally get to pick up my gun tomarrow at T.J's pawn shop. I bought the glock from florida gun exchange and they sent everyone's gun (for those who didnt have a CC license) there. They told me that I wouldnt have to pay to pick it up because I paid the twenty dollars transfer fee at the show.

Finally..my question is how many of you have been to T.J's pawn shop and how are they there. Its at the corner of 441 and belvedre.

I'm sure it'll be fine and its just the day before jitters.

passive101
07-13-2007, 11:15
Hey I think I was there the other day. Is it by a little strip mall and have 2 door? One door on the left that says the gun shop but it blocked off so you have to go in the right door where it says pawn shop?

hammerheadtib
07-13-2007, 11:54
I think thats the one. There is also a gas station and the NYPD Pizza restaurant in there

hammerheadtib
07-13-2007, 11:55
The plaza is on the NW corner and Wall mart is on the SE corner

passive101
07-13-2007, 12:29
I don't remember that. I'm thinking of one that has a strip mall to the left with a laundromat in it. I'm new here and don't know where anything is though.

rich52us
07-13-2007, 13:31
Originally posted by hammerheadtib
I finally get to pick up my gun tomarrow at T.J's pawn shop. I bought the glock from florida gun exchange and they sent everyone's gun (for those who didnt have a CC license) there. They told me that I wouldnt have to pay to pick it up because I paid the twenty dollars transfer fee at the show.

Finally..my question is how many of you have been to T.J's pawn shop and how are they there. Its at the corner of 441 and belvedre.

I'm sure it'll be fine and its just the day before jitters.

I was there about a week ago. I asked the guy behind the counter what he had in GI 1911s and he didn't know what I was talking about. He called someone on the phone and asked if they had any 1912s:shocked: I left ASAP. Good luck.

passive101
07-13-2007, 13:37
damn that's bad lol

hammerheadtib
07-13-2007, 21:44
I'm not buying my gun there...that just the place that Florida Gun Exchange send their guns to so the buyers pick them up...I just wanna know what to expect when I walk in there.

Droanx
07-14-2007, 08:36
Before I got my CWP I did the same thing. It's in the strip mall like others are saying. It is the NW corner of the intersection of 441 (S.R. 7) and Belvedere. Just go in the store and bring any paper work that FGE gave you. It's real easy and there's a WalMart close by that you can buy cleaning supplies and ammo at.

As far as what to expect when you go in... it's a small little shop that is pretty much empty. I would go as soon as they open because the couple dozen of other people like you will be waiting too.

packinaglock
07-16-2007, 16:52
They must have reopened because I thought that place closed about a year ago. Am I mistaken?

hammerheadtib
07-16-2007, 23:42
No..its still open. I was in and out. The guy was nice and asked if I wanted any cleaning supplies or ammo. I just signed a piece of paper and I was on my way. Also he told me that I could buy a gun right then and there and not have to wait the five days but if I left then came back I would have to wait the five days. But I was in and out with my new glock:banana: :hearts: :banana: in about three minutes

packinaglock
07-17-2007, 03:45
Cool, congrats on the new piece!

hammerheadtib
07-17-2007, 22:50
thanks!