anti terror law [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : anti terror law

jimbullet
07-13-2007, 19:41
Any factual feedbacks or knowledge on this? How come there are so many going to the streets in an outcry to junk this as they say it would infringe on human rights and may be used as a Marcos martial law type...

While the citizenry will of course not allow such a martial law to happen again but we cant tell, if there are "insertion" in its provisions or its IRR for that matter.

isuzu
07-13-2007, 20:51
Those going out of the streets and protesting the anti-terror law have sinister motives against the government. Takot lang sila. I believe the firearms issue will never be touched by this law. The government knows for a fact that firearms license is a multi-million peso revenue for them.

The people in power have learned that abusing power is not a very good idea. Look what happened in 1986. Sad thing is that a lot of people abused people power which just lost its essence.

charlie-xray
07-14-2007, 00:10
I believe in this law, hope all our laws get revised soon.

The next I'd love to see revised is the anti-drunk driving law - DUI.

All our laws are outdated and the teeths not sharp enough anymore.

isuzu
07-14-2007, 19:34
Originally posted by charlie-xray
The next I'd love to see revised is the anti-drunk driving law - DUI.

I agree with you.:)

beemerphile
07-14-2007, 20:29
Terror is one of many possible reactions to a threat. How can you have a law against an emotion? We are a nation of wimps. We need the government to protect us from our perceived boogiemen cause we lack the 'nads to live in a free world where they might exist.

It is the government that has sinister motives against you.

boni
07-17-2007, 09:19
mga sir any link bout this law? i tried getting one sa newspaper pero tagalog version eh. hehe and tinamad na ako maghanap ng english i thought madali lng sa internet pero parang wla ako makita sir. meron kayo idea sir?

PMMA97
07-17-2007, 14:52
Originally posted by boni
mga sir any link bout this law? i tried getting one sa newspaper pero tagalog version eh. hehe and tinamad na ako maghanap ng english i thought madali lng sa internet pero parang wla ako makita sir. meron kayo idea sir?

Heres a link.

http://jlp-law.com/blog/ra-9327-human-security-act-of-2007-full-text/