The best full face helmet I've ever come across with!!! Shark RSX [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : The best full face helmet I've ever come across with!!! Shark RSX

fnfalman
07-14-2007, 12:44
http://www.shark-helmetsus.com/

http://www.kneedraggers.com/details/Shark_RSX_Full_Face_Helmet_Initial_Black--606702.html

Who woulda thunk that the Frenchies would make some good stuff? But they do. The Shark helmet is top quality. It's extremely light, very aerodynamic and incredibly comfortable. It's even reasonably priced - the most expensive one is slightly less than a medium range Arai. The bad thing? They only seem to fit oblong heads. There was an older Shark that I tried on that fitted me quite nicely so I thought that the new RSX would fit me too. Alas, it was made for a long oval head. Even then, I still took it out for a test ride and it worked great although it was a loose fit. The helmet was so aerodynamic that the loose fit didn't make the helmet shake around my head and it's also much quieter than its peers. The foam was so comfortable, it felt like the helmet wasn't even there. The ventilation is also superb. You don't feel air movement yet your head stays cool. The 3mm visor gives you a bit more confidence if it were to take a rock impact, and I could swear that it's clearer than its peers as well.

Anyway, if this helmet were to have fitted my head, I wouldn't have any reservation about trading my trusty Arai helmets for these Frenchie numbers.

HollowHead
07-14-2007, 23:35
Can ya give us an MSRP? HH

NMGlocker
07-15-2007, 07:32
Best prices I've found on Shark: Shark Helmets (http://www.helmetcity.com/page/HC/CTGY/sharkhelmets)
RSX runs $315+
RSR2 is $423+

NMGlocker
07-25-2007, 18:06
I ordered my RSR2 today, I'll give a ride report after I try it out over the weekend.

NMGlocker
07-27-2007, 20:31
Shark RSR2
:thumbsup:
Did a 30 minute ride with it this evening.
This is the best helmet I have owned to date.
The fit on my slightly oval head is perfect.
I wear a X-Large KBC Force-S, and a Large Shoei X-11 and RF900 (59cm) I bought a size Large Shark.
Super light, super quiet, no lift or chicken dance up to 140mph (on a naked bike!) ventilation is very good.
The build quality is better than my Shoei X-11 and RF900, the interior blows Shoei away.
Even at 80mph into a headwind the noise level was low, I have to wear ear plugs in my Shoei and KBC if I spend any time over 60mph.
The Shoei X-11 feels like it vents better (you can feel the air blow across your head) but the Shark left me just as cool and dry after my ride in 90 degree temps (I think the free flowing Shoei vents add to the noise level).
The 3mm visor is substantial looking and the optical clarity is on par with Oakley sun glasses (ie: perfect).
The only negative I can see is the big vent on top looks like it will be a bug magnet and a ***** to clean out.
Awesome helmet in the $425 range.

Lone Wolff
07-28-2007, 12:20
Sounds like those Sharks will have to go on my short list for when I need to get a new lid. Thanks for the road reports guys.

fnfalman
07-28-2007, 13:37
NMGlocker,

I'm glad that the Shark worked out for you. As far as I'm concerned, it's a bargain and a half. Too bad it doesn't fit me.:sad:

NMGlocker
07-28-2007, 21:12
I'd been looking the Sharks over for a while before you gave your ride report... that just pushed me over the edge a bit.
It came down to either an Arai Profile or the Shark RSR2, Shark won.