Vista Video Problem - Arrrrghhhhhh!!! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Vista Video Problem - Arrrrghhhhhh!!!

Ragnar
07-14-2007, 17:12
OK, just installed Vista on my desktop and it looks like it worked, but I've got a problem.

I got a blank screen. Video card is an ATI 1650 and its supposed to be Vista-compatible.

The stupid thing worked fine while Vista was installing - had words and graphics on screen, but as soon as it finishes and reboots for the 3rd time I got a blank screen.

So what the hell is happening here?

aaronrkelly
07-14-2007, 17:25
Originally posted by Ragnar
OK, just installed Vista on my desktop and it looks like it worked, but I've got a problem.

I got a blank screen. Video card is an ATI 1650 and its supposed to be Vista-compatible.

The stupid thing worked fine while Vista was installing - had words and graphics on screen, but as soon as it finishes and reboots for the 3rd time I got a blank screen.

So what the hell is happening here?

Crappy video driver. Download new one from website on another PC. Boot VISTA machine into SAFE mode. Install driver and reboot.

Should do it.....

Ragnar
07-14-2007, 18:00
Originally posted by aaronrkelly
Crappy video driver. Download new one from website on another PC. Boot VISTA machine into SAFE mode. Install driver and reboot.

Should do it.....

Thanks. I should have added that when I go to SAFE mode it tells me that you can't go into SAFE mode until the install is finished.

Now, since I can't see the screen it follows that I can't finish the install and I can't go into SAFE mode to install a new driver.

Now what?

srhoades
07-14-2007, 18:16
How long have you let it sit at the blank screen? Sounds like it hasn't booted since the install, which is why its saying the install is not complete. Let it sit for a while and see what happens.

Ragnar
07-14-2007, 18:24
Originally posted by srhoades
How long have you let it sit at the blank screen? Sounds like it hasn't booted since the install, which is why its saying the install is not complete. Let it sit for a while and see what happens.

Lets see. I started the install at 1100. By 1400 I figured something was wrong, so I manually rebooted. Nothing. So I restarted the install and now its 2030 and I still have a blank screen.