hk mp5 at advanced weapons systems [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : hk mp5 at advanced weapons systems

jundeleon
07-16-2007, 02:26
I saw a HK MP5K with a srp of Php 180k at the Advanced Weapons Systems booth in the gun show.
Are these the original MP5 or some sort of clone?
Tried to inquire but "for law enforcement only" is what the sales person said.

kontra
07-16-2007, 03:53
i cannot comment on the units that advance weapons systems displayed in the gunshow.

but there are mp5's and other HK based firearms that are made in pakistan. Pakistan Ordnance Factory. Check the article for some comparison of the units.

http://www.arizonaresponsesystems.com/notes/pof/pagepof.htm

edited: i found a youtube link about the company and a tour of its plant

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wy8i8EXuPM

New_comer
07-16-2007, 09:29
Meron din sa pbd 180TH, at yung bihis 200th

saki1611
07-16-2007, 10:42
9mx and i saw it this evening at the gunshow, it's a clone.:sad:

moby dick
07-16-2007, 10:47
it's a clone. made in turkey.

3kings
07-16-2007, 14:24
yup made in turkey alright.

but it still looks great

PMMA97
07-16-2007, 15:52
180T for clones? Wow!:shocked:

How much does the real McCoys go for?

Valor1
07-16-2007, 16:27
Originally posted by PMMA97

Market price is in the ballpark figure of P350,000. If I have known this will go up, I should have bought 2 of them years ago (Trimark offered it to me at P75,000 way back 1998).

kontra
07-16-2007, 17:49

About two weeks ago, a known gunstore in MCS said a basic MP5 is around P300k for AFP and PNP.

Benj
07-16-2007, 18:33
A cousin of mine got an MP5 SD6 last year for around 350K if I'm not mistaken, pretty good deal narin since it comes with the silencer already.

Evan N. Payawal
07-16-2007, 20:11
For some reason I cannot fathom, you can't find one for less than 200k nowadays.

Cheapest one I found so far is 290k, MP5A4. Good condition. It's a genuine HK, as far as I can tell. It has the eagle over N and HK markings on the barrel when you remove the handguard. Actually I want it, but too rich for my blood, he he.

I think it's still available...
Owner though wants license transferred before turnover of unit.

G19c,PH
07-16-2007, 21:37
Transferable ba license ng pre-owned MP5?

isuzu
07-16-2007, 23:12
Originally posted by saki1611
9mx and i saw it this evening at the gunshow, it's a clone.:sad:

Twin Pines was selling MP5 clones made in Turkey with Imbel FALs about 12 years ago. Their price for the Turkish MP5 was P40,000 with license.

It's nice to have an MP5 but an M16 with an 11.5" 1 in 9 barrel would be sufficient. And a lot cheaper, too.

G19c,PH
07-16-2007, 23:51
Jethro in MCS there was an FN P90 in their display window some time ago, anyone knows if it is available for civilian?

horge
07-17-2007, 01:03
PNP-FED has been leaning on AFAD for quite some time, to restrict
the sales of select fire guns to just AFP/PNP. If you already
own a select-fire gun, then you can still renew its license during
an amnesty such as is presently ongoing.

Even though there are laws on the books to permit you and me to
buy MP5's, M4's etc... licensing and registration is a matter left
(by law) to the PNP-FED's (and therefore C-PNP's) discretion.

They say we can't, then we can't.
Even if it goes against the letter of the law allowing us to.

kontra
07-17-2007, 06:14
not meaning to hi-jack the thread, but i have a scenario:

let's say that some civillians have the dough to buy select fire firearms. they have it licensed.

what are the chances that they won't be able to renew it because the present or future c-pnp says that it cannot be renewed? any legal guarantee that once it was licensed, you can renew it?

i ask because there were discussions about this in another forum. there is an amnesty now, but can you still renew it after 2 years?

i'm not promoting ownership of unlicensed firearms. i myself have all my firearms licensed. this is just a scenario that was brought up by someone else that nobody can give a definite answer.

horge
07-17-2007, 06:23
That's the 300,000 peso question :)

Technically, .gov can declare HANDGUNS illegal, and suspend
the privilege of private ownership of the same, whenever it wants.
Technically. Not anywhere near practicably, though.

Until there is a Constitutionally guaranteed right to keep and bear,
talagang privilege lang, at the State's pleasure.

kontra
07-17-2007, 06:41
wow! talk about a quick reply.

that is more or less what we have concluded. no guarantee like the u.s. 2nd amendment. sana we also have that here. it would be nice to have a long arms collection, specially the bolt action rifles.

back to the main topic.

the prices of mp5's are high because of demand and supply. a lot want to buy but only a few are willing to sell. but let's see how it turns out once there are a lot of ump's going around.

also, i heard that once a high powered firearm is licenses through amnesty, the owner will be "stuck" with it. meaning, he cannot sell to another civillian. unless he sells it to an AFP or PNP personel

i agree, an m16 will be better suited for our contry. mp5 is more of a "wow" factor to show to your friends.

New_comer
07-17-2007, 08:18
Mas gusto ko yung 5.56mm IMI Tavor 21 bullpup. Na showcase na sa discovery channel Futureweapons. Kasing compact lang halos ng MP5 o P90, pang CQB developed ng Israel

Built in yung red dot scope, headshot at 300m standing kaya nya. Pang palit daw sa M16. :supergrin:

jimbullet
07-17-2007, 17:46
So when you're too old to fire the damn thing, government will be happy for you to turn it over to them since you cant transfer its license.....:shocked:

horge
07-17-2007, 18:13
It's actually worse than that.
I was being charitable when I said that
"If you already own a select-fire gun,
then you can still renew its license during
an amnesty such as is presently ongoing."

You "can", only in the sense that it is possible,
at the discretion of PNP-FED. What the
Amnesty really says is far more discouraging:

Executive Order 585 of 2006
"...SECTION 2. As a general rule, high-powered rifles/paItik firearms
may not be allowed for licensing, however, the Chief, PNP may allow
the licensing of some high-powered firearms. Those who will surrender
the same will not be prosecuted for illegal possession of firearm
while in the act of surrendering the said firearms."

Theoretically, you could come in with a select-fire or HP rifle,
and be denied reg or licensing under amnesty. (They won't charge you
with anything, due to the amnesty, but then you're out one gun)
The PNP FED generally treats all select-fires (aven in SMG
pistol-caliber format) as high-powered, AFAICT.

All indications are that this 2007 Amnesty's IRR is virtually
identical to that of the last one (under EO 171 of 2003)

h.

isuzu
07-17-2007, 18:48
Worse case scenario if the PNP decides to outlaw full-auto weapons' licenses from being renewed is to convert them to semi-auto. Change the bolt carrier, hammer, and selector in the case of an M16 with AR parts.

kontra
07-17-2007, 19:05
thanks horge for your inputs on this.

"Those who will surrender the same will not be prosecuted for illegal possession of firearm
while in the act of surrendering the said firearms"

so, if your application was not approved, you have no choice but to surrender it anyway. since they already know that you have one in your possession and you gave them the complete details and your address.

maganda nga yung tavor. i saw it at future weapons. very accurate and compact.

darth board
07-17-2007, 23:03
Originally posted by jimbullet
So when you're too old to fire the damn thing, government will be happy for you to turn it over to them since you cant transfer its license.....:shocked: i'll be very happy to turn over my guns to the government after i hacksawed it into pieces and smashed it with a hammer. :laughabove:

jerrytrini
07-18-2007, 14:20
My family lost a lot of guns during the Martial Law.
My grandpa had a Parker and Hale as gift from President Ramon Magsaysay, I would venture to say that some corrupt government official has that in his cabinet showing off to his other corrupt friends. That really ticked me off.

kontra
07-18-2007, 22:13
same here....my dad lost a lot of long arms during the martial law. he even gave quite a number of pistols and revolvers also. some of them are collectibles. i remeber he told me once that when he was trying to get back one of his favorite pistols, the military said "nakursunadahan ni general, kaya hindi na natin mkukuha yun"

jerrytrini
07-18-2007, 23:30
I wonder if some CORRUPT government officials are reading our threads. I hope they do.
I am just now grating my teeth thinking about the 12 gauge Parker/Hale.

PMMA97
07-19-2007, 02:38
It's a bit off topic but I really never understood the firearms confiscations procedure during martial law (i was born in '74). Was it really that bad?

New_comer
07-19-2007, 03:00
It's a bit off topic but I really never understood the firearms confiscations procedure during martial law (i was born in '74). Was it really that bad?

My cousin remembers seeing a bargeful of guns of all types passing along the Pasig River destined to be melted down. That was only one of many deliveries to an unknown smelting plant.

isuzu
07-19-2007, 06:55

Yes. They had on file the licenses of firearms and they know who owns firearms (there wasn't a lot of gunowners compared to now) so it was easy to locate them.

They also threatened to use metal detectors which probably never existed in their inventory.

The police also knew that my grandparents owned several firearms; they used to borrow the firearms from my grandparents (they had very old firearms) when they operated against the Huks.

The first firearm they were interested in was my grandfather's SIG submachine gun in 9mm.