Monitor problem [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Monitor problem

Pa Glock guy
07-16-2007, 08:32
My kids were playing a game on the computer and suddenly, for no reason, the monitor goes from displaying the picture horizontally to displaying it vertically. Of course, they said they didnt do anythng different. I tried unplugging it and restarting the computer. When it starts up it diplays properly but when it goes it windows, it goes back to the vertical display. Any help would be appriciated.

Pa Glock guy
07-16-2007, 08:52
I fixed it.

aaronrkelly
07-16-2007, 09:06
Im guessing your video card driver has a hot-key for rotating the display and the kids happen to hit the right combination to rotate the display.

This of course wouldnt take effect until the driver loaded with Windows.....which would explain the normal screen through the booting process.

Im I right?

Pa Glock guy
07-16-2007, 09:31
Originally posted by aaronrkelly
Im guessing your video card driver has a hot-key for rotating the display and the kids happen to hit the right combination to rotate the display.

This of course wouldnt take effect until the driver loaded with Windows.....which would explain the normal screen through the booting process.

Im I right?

I think you are correct. They are four and eight years old and didnt know what they had done until after it happened. It took me a half an hour or so to figure it out. I ended up going to the Graphics Properties area and changed the view. Right below that are the hot keys icon so you are most like correct. Thanks.