smith and wesson m&P [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : smith and wesson m&P

boni
07-16-2007, 09:22
mga sir sino na dito nakakuha ng smith and wesson na m&p? 50k i think unit price both 9mm and cal.40 share naman mga sir. btw i fired my g19 during the weekends of this month d pa ako nagsasawa. ang galing ng glock walang paltos talaga. i keep on practicing with it as if theres no tom. hehe sabi nila the smith's m&p will replace glock i dunno ha but sa price tatalonin pa rin sya ng glock. with that price tapos with that performance peso value talaga. i got more than what i spent for. but baka i'm just not well informed kasi hindi ko pa naman na try yung M&P eh. :)your thoughts mga sir?

TTPower
07-16-2007, 10:05
my brother bought his m&p40 a month before the gunshow. we shot it side by side with my glock23. it was very accurate at 25yards and recoil was softer compared to my glock23. ergonomics IMO is much better, the different grip size of the m&p is a big plus. pointability is also better (similar to a 1911) trigger pull is also smooth. the m&p is slightly larger compared to my glock23 but not to big. the only advantage i think the glock has over the m&p is.... the glock is already tested in the field for a long time. only time will tell if the m&p is as durable as the glock.

dont get me wrong, i'm happy with my glock but IMHO i think glock has met it's match with the M&P :)

regarding the price.... in time maybe twin pines will find a way to be competetive with glocks :)

vega
07-17-2007, 08:17
I don't have any experience with M&P but given a choice, go with the no safety mag disconnect. Grabe presyo dyan. Mas mura yan compared to Glock here in US. Pag sale nasa $490.

boni
07-17-2007, 09:14
Originally posted by TTPower
dont get me wrong, i'm happy with my glock but IMHO i think glock has met it's match with the M&P :)

now i'm really curious hehe :) does it shoot lead sir? how about yung barrel nya sir? nagagandahan ako sa barrel ng glock :)

chocoboy
07-18-2007, 00:00
Originally posted by vega
I don't have any experience with M&P but given a choice, go with the no safety mag disconnect. Grabe presyo dyan. Mas mura yan compared to Glock here in US. Pag sale nasa $490.

I think lahat all M&P pistols here in the Philippines comes with the mag disconnect safety...

chocoboy
07-18-2007, 00:08
Originally posted by boni
now i'm really curious hehe :) does it shoot lead sir? how about yung barrel nya sir? nagagandahan ako sa barrel ng glock :)

All I can say is... You wont be disappointed! :thumbsup:

Yes, you can shoot lead with it... di sya polygonal barrel like the Glock's... If I'm not mistaken, I think it's octagonal ata... di ko sure e.

Eto no exageration... from 25 yards: 5 shot grp, 3 holes touching each other at point of aim and 2 shots at 1" from the point of aim without rest pa yun using armscor fmj. My brother can attest to that.

hirap lang ako sa double tap for now kasi I've been shooting 1911 for the longest time... Di pa ako sanay sa trigger pull ng M&P and pistols alike.

TTPower
07-18-2007, 07:15
ang sabi ko IT SEEMS GLOCK HAS MET IT'S MATCH!.... it doesnt mean talo na ang glock ha :supergrin: i'm happy with my glock nga e! hehehehe

kung di lng magastos magpalit e..... palit holster, palit mga permit.... hahahahaha

New_comer
07-18-2007, 09:25
Lock and key taken from Taurus...

Firing pin lock from Colt series 80...

Mag disconnect from the Browning HiPower

Polymer frame from the HK

Full length frame and grip angle from the 1911

Recessed slide lock from the SIG

What stands out is that 'tailish' protrusion at its rear, akin to a beavertail of the 1911, maybe helping to minimize muzzle flip.

Dun sya naging unique :thumbsup:

New_comer
07-18-2007, 09:43
Originally posted by New_comer

What stands out is that 'tailish' protrusion at its rear, akin to a beavertail of the 1911, maybe helping to minimize muzzle flip.

Dun sya naging unique :thumbsup:

OOPS! Meron na pala Bersa nito...

Maybe that slide lock release lever in the magwell is quite original... Never seen that before... ;)

Allegra
07-18-2007, 09:50
Yan na ba gamit ni Julie Goloski?

bulm540
07-18-2007, 15:54
J-go uses it in production. She is doing very well with it but it is still the Indian and not the arrow.

asian_glockster
07-18-2007, 16:49
+1

Allegra
07-18-2007, 17:53
Originally posted by bulm540
J-go uses it in production. She is doing very well with it but it is still the Indian and not the arrow.

Dont I know it :)