A note of thanks. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : A note of thanks.

huntpro13
07-16-2007, 19:46
Chief Guimond,

Today, my child woke up with a pretty high fever. While we were talking about how to work on lowering it, she had a seizure. This is not something I have ever witnessed or experienced, and especially not in my own child. Her eyes rolled back, she turned gray, and arched her back stiffly. She stopped breathing, and a member of our family performed
brief mouth-to-mouth, at which time she vomited and the seizure ended. I took her into my arms and held her. I truly thought she was going to die. It was a very scary moment. It has been a very trying day.

I know that time perception is quite off during a crisis for people who do not operate under those conditions regularly, but it seemed to me that I only had her in my arms for 10-20 seconds before I heard the sirens and your men were in our living room. We were transported by ambulance to Maine Med.

Our experience with the multitude of professionals we encountered today was varied, to say the least. The reason I am writing today is to say thanks. The men who responded to our call today were as professional, courtious, calm and considerate as they possibly could have been. They
arrived in what seemed to be an impossibly short amount of time. Their calm professionalism did much to ease the nerves of one very upset family. I know they probably handled all manner of more complicated and difficult calls than ours today. Still, we appreciate immensly the way we were treated.

As I write this, my daughter is remarkably more energetic and "herself" than I ever would have thought she could be, considering. Being a bit of a snot, actually!

Please extend our gratitude not only to the men who came to our home today, but to your entire staff. We are in your debt.

Many thanks,

Joshua Robbins

huntpro13
07-16-2007, 19:47
Thank you for the note, I am fortunate to have a great staff of paramedics. My son had a similar event several years ago, you are never quite prepared when it's your own child. I will pass this kind note on to the crews.

Chief Guimond

huntpro13
07-16-2007, 19:49
I couldn't do what you gents and gals do. But wow am I glad you're who you are, and do what you do.:thumbsup:

gruntmedik
07-16-2007, 21:23
You're welcome. :thumbsup:

I'm glad you and your daughter are feeling better. I would like to thank you, for taking the time to write that letter. It means alot to us to hear kind words.