Another AD (Sic) [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Another AD (Sic)


9MX
07-17-2007, 03:44
Gunshot disrupts extrajudicial summit in Manila

The extrajudicial summit attended by government heads and leaders of various sectors in Manila was momentarily disrupted Tuesday by a gunshot from a military man's service firearm, ABS-CBN News reported.

The report said Sgt. Melchor Detola was surrendering his .45 pistol at the Manila Hotel's entrance when his gun accidentally fired.

The gunshot alarmed attendees of the two-day National Consultative Summit on Extrajudicial Killings and Enforced Disappearances organized by the Supreme Court.

The summit was on its last day when the incident happened. No one was reported hurt in the incident.

The report said Detola is the security escort of a certain Capt. Neil Estrella, an attendee of the summit.

Detola was immediately brought to a nearby police station for investigation. His firearm has been confiscated by the police.

The summit was organized by the Supreme Court to unite members of various sectors in the fight against extrajudicial killings.

The military had been repeatedly accused of murdering members of leftist organizations.

A human rights group has counted nearly 900 cases of activist murders and at least 190 cases of enforced disappearances.

horge
07-17-2007, 05:01
:upeyes:

If it turns out he'd had his pistol's stock trigger lightened,
'cause all those cool expert gamesters do it for IPSC...

Hayayay. What pistol was was it?
And where's that puke icon when you need it?

tagaykoyan
07-17-2007, 05:08
moral of the story... carry gun and range gun should be different

9MX
07-17-2007, 05:15
Originally posted by horge
:upeyes:

If it turns out he'd had his pistol's stock trigger lightened,
'cause all those cool expert gamesters do it for IPSC...

Hayayay. What pistol was was it?
And where's that puke icon when you need it?

me included. the soldier was probably carrying a .45 1911. i doubt if he had the trigger lightened. very few soldiers compete sa ipsc

horge
07-17-2007, 05:43
Misguided emulation is what I was getting at, pareng Mannix,
not that the LEO was actually a gamer. I wish he'd HAD gamer training,
because then he'd a-been a heck of a lot safer around guns.
:)

The reason I'm bringing the trigger up is built-in pistol safeties.
That service sidearm must have had 'em, right?

Even if one somehow manages to defeat a pistol's built in safeties,
accidentally, a heavier factory trigger on a service weapon tends
to prevent an ND.

There's sporting equipment and then there's real-world weapons.
Getting confused between them, without compensating through
training, causes a LOT of grief.

Allegra
07-17-2007, 06:21
most AD's sa ganyan are caused by human error not a poor trigger job
I've seen a lot of people sa firearm depository rack the slide w/ the mag still inserted , take out the mag then pull the trigger to clear

I wish some of those cool tactical types post more shooting tips and info here.....oh wait....have they??

MRV_G17
07-17-2007, 06:33
Originally posted by Allegra
most AD's sa ganyan are caused by human error not a poor trigger job
I've seen a lot of people sa firearm depository rack the slide w/ the mag still inserted , take out the mag then pull the trigger to clear
EXACTLY! the same thing happened in NAIA.

horge
07-17-2007, 06:35
Originally posted by Allegra
most AD's sa ganyan are caused by human error not a poor trigger job
I've seen a lot of people sa firearm depository rack the slide w/ the mag still inserted , take out the mag then pull the trigger to clear

:shocked:
Eeeeee.
Procedurally, If the operator had already (in his mind) cleared
the weapon, why the final trigger pull? Proof positive?
Much better to lock the slide back, or if not, kahit a
one-handed press-check might be safer.

Allegra
07-17-2007, 06:47
Originally posted by horge
:shocked:
Eeeeee.
Procedurally, If the operator had already (in his mind) cleared
the weapon, why the final trigger pull? Proof positive?
Much better to lock the slide back, or if not, kahit a
one-handed press-check might be safer.


No , pulling the trigger IS the final safety check
It's done after you unload , then show clear ( sa guard )

Ewan ko lang if they had sandbags sa Manila Hotel

horge
07-17-2007, 07:11
That's what I meant by 'proof positive': final proof that the chamber was clear.
The flaw to this sort of test (this "final safety check") is that
failing it guarantees there'll be an unintended discharge.

Sa Manila Hotel, pati sandbags siguro, masyadong mahal.

Allegra
07-17-2007, 08:04
Originally posted by horge
That's what I meant by 'proof positive': final proof that the chamber was clear.
The flaw to this sort of test (this "final safety check") is that
failing it guarantees there'll be an unintended discharge.

Sa Manila Hotel, pati sandbags siguro, masyadong mahal.


It should be the guards responsibility mag visual inspection ng chamber clear
My fave line everytime may AD sa guard , " may sa demonyo talga ang baril"

Mang Danny
07-17-2007, 14:22
Malamang niyan nakasubo yung daliri niya sa trigger nung inalis yung magazine, pagkatapos ibinaba yung safety para i-clear ang chamber... boom! Accidental or negligent discharge? Without full details, we can only speculate.