My Uncle is missing, please help if you can...... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : My Uncle is missing, please help if you can......

SavageDragon
07-17-2007, 20:35
My uncle is recently missing. He lives in King and was last seen Sunday afternoon on his friend's Electra Glide HD. We are supposed to be arranging a search party tomorrow at John Brown's Country Store on NC66 at 6am. I don't know what i really expect anyone to do but if you have any information please contact the Forsyth County Sheriff's Department.

Thanks

Chris

http://www.journalnow.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=WSJ/MGArticle/WSJ_BasicArticle&c=MGArticle&cid=1173352031193

MrsKitty
07-17-2007, 22:28
I heard about this on the news...

:angel:

1911Tuner
07-17-2007, 23:00
My God! I just checked the paper and saw it. I know Nelson. Worked with him at RJR/Whitaker Park in the 80s, and used to do a little gun tradin' with him. I haven't seen him since I retired in '91, so I wouldn't have a clue as to his usual haunts and hangouts. My guess would be to head up to the parkway...maybe toward Mabry Mill.

Prayers headed your way. I'll keep an eye on this case, and if I can get up to John Brown's early enough, I'll join in.

SavageDragon
07-18-2007, 14:49
Just an update. We found Nelson today on Highway 89. He was off the road a bit and they said he probably passed pretty quickly. I'm glad he's found but this really sucks. Anyone who knew my uncle had a great friend.

MrsKitty
07-18-2007, 20:12
I am sorry for your loss.

1911Tuner
07-19-2007, 03:42
I am so sorry. This comes as a real shock. I worked with him for over 5 years and knew him pretty well.

SavageDragon
07-19-2007, 13:49
Funeral service is at Hayworth Miller in Rural Hall on Saturday at 2pm and is open to everyone and will be open for friends and family after that. I expect a ton of folks from RJR to be there along with all of his many friends. http://mfile.akamai.com/12905/wmv/vod.ibsys.com/2007/0718/13707861.200k.asx

This is a video that they recorded a little while after he was found. They cut out the part where my dad thanked the media. I must say, as much as people bash the media, WXII did a great story on the news Tuesday night and showed Nelson's picture along with the bike. A complete stranger who was former military and retired police officer saw this bit on the news and recognised him right away. He saw Nelson at 6.30 Sunday evening riding, and said he recognised him from the picture on the news right away because of his white hair and beard. Him and my dad are well known for this since they've had white hair since their 20's. Anyway, this guy came over and showed us exactly where he saw him and the searched parties were able to coordinated to search this area. This guy stayed and helped to search as well. Anyone who knows this area knows how thick the growth is on the side of 89 durring this time of year. There was also another stranger that stopped to see what was going and immediately went and printed maps of the area for everyone to use. This guy stayed to help as well. So between two total strangers, friends and family, the media, and very little help from local authorities, my uncle didn't have to spend another night on the side of the road. Thank you guys too for the kind words and listening. :angel: RIP Nuna. :angel:

MrsKitty
07-19-2007, 17:10
Originally posted by SavageDragon
Thank you guys too for the kind words and listening. :angel: RIP Nuna. :angel:

We will listen all you need! :hugs:

Try to find some comfort in knowing he died doing something he loved. He was happy on that bike. He wasn't sick and didn't suffer.

It is great how people are willing to help others in this area. There aren't any strangers around here, at least not for long.

Seeing those photos/videos of your uncle and his brother makes me wonder if I know you guys...you look so familiar but then again, there are no strangers here.

Hang in there. :angel:

SavageDragon
07-19-2007, 19:09
I was just informed this afternoon that due to the ammount of people the service will be at North Pointe Baptist Church at 2 instead of Hayworth. Now i'm here for the second night gaurding the house. With all the publicity on the news and all the people that knew him, we're scared someone will try and break in since they now know he's gone. I know if anyone does come here and see's that someone's here, they will know that they are extremely well armed. With me being the only nephew and the only gun lover in the family other than my uncle, i will surely do the speed limit on my way back to Charlotte. ;)

Pinki
07-22-2007, 05:56
I'm sorry for your loss :angel: :angel: