i still like my glock....very much [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : i still like my glock....very much

theTactician
07-18-2007, 00:10
I dont know if it is just me or the guns themselves. i like the HK USP expert for its less recoil and high accuracy but for me, i still like the grip of my glock 45 GAP, the recoil feels better with my 45 GAP than the 40 cal hk usp, the sights of the glock better than the black on black sights of the hk usp, the point and shoot capability of my glock better than the expert, i like the quick acquisition capability of my glock better than the expert, i feel confident using the glock with my tight groupings with it in competitions, overall, i still like and love my glock very much better than my other gun , the hk usp expert.
sometimes i wonder to myself, what's the hype with hk's? besides it being the official sidearm of the special forces (i.e. navy seals). I guess maybe, im not yet that used to the HK as i am with my glock.
at the end of the day, i say to myself, "I'd go to battle with my glock anyday." i love it so much so that when i bought the biometrics gun vault, i placed my glock for easy access than my HK. secured and armed in seconds. hehehe.

charlie-xray
07-18-2007, 02:10
Bro you're a certified glock-holic now :hugs:

Did you had a big adjustment shooting from your Glock to the HK? I was told the HK had a different axis bore than the Glock and there's a shooting adjustment for it, was it that big of an adjustment or barely noticeable?

Valor1
07-18-2007, 02:50
Flame suit on! He he he. Well, whatever floats your boat. To each his own. Your choice is excellent so are the Cz's, Glocks, HKs, Colts, Steyr, etc.

The HK bore axis is more attuned to 1911 shooters. I believe in fact that is one of the criterion in which HK designed their pistols.

Enjoy your guns and let's shoot some more.

batangueno
07-18-2007, 05:55
Have you tried a 1911? :supergrin:

I also love my Glock. :)

New_comer
07-18-2007, 09:04
Originally posted by theTactician
I dont know if it is just me or the guns themselves. i like the HK USP expert for its less recoil and high accuracy but for me, i still like the grip of my glock 45 GAP, the recoil feels better with my 45 GAP than the 40 cal hk usp, the sights of the glock better than the black on black sights of the hk usp, the point and shoot capability of my glock better than the expert, i like the quick acquisition capability of my glock better than the expert, i feel confident using the glock with my tight groupings with it in competitions, overall, i still like and love my glock very much better than my other gun , the hk usp expert.
sometimes i wonder to myself, what's the hype with hk's? besides it being the official sidearm of the special forces (i.e. navy seals). I guess maybe, im not yet that used to the HK as i am with my glock.
at the end of the day, i say to myself, "I'd go to battle with my glock anyday." i love it so much so that when i bought the biometrics gun vault, i placed my glock for easy access than my HK. secured and armed in seconds. hehehe.

Same here... except replace all "glock 45GAP" with "HK USP", while "HK USP" replaced with any other gun model. :supergrin:

Dok
07-18-2007, 23:56
i started with Glock 30, sold it then downgraded to Taurus PT111, sold it again then downgraded to Armscor 1911, sold the Armscor and got a Bersa 380, sold the Bersa and got my friend's brand new unfired Glock 30 Mariner. :supergrin:

charlie-xray
07-21-2007, 02:53
:banana: :banana: :banana: :rofl: :rofl:

Originally posted by Dok
i started with Glock 30, sold it then downgraded to Taurus PT111, sold it again then downgraded to Armscor 1911, sold the Armscor and got a Bersa 380, sold the Bersa and got my friend's brand new unfired Glock 30 Mariner. :supergrin:

theTactician
08-12-2007, 00:28
i take back what i said about HK's. well, now that im getting used to my HK USP expert, i'd say i love it as much as i love my glocks. its a pretty solid, dead accurate, ruggedly handsome gun. i shot it a couple of times in a match and i loved every minute of it. where else could i do a controlled pair under pressure and get two shots with almost one hole? i did that a couple of times and i must say its not the shooter, coz im not good, but its really the gun. Truly, i can attest to the fact that HK USP expert was a gun designed by HK for IPSC purposes. all the other competitors said, "wow man, im gonna get me an HK". hehehe.:)

Valor1
08-12-2007, 01:03
It never ends. Bukas, you'll change your mind. Try the SVI/STI and other tuned 1911's.:supergrin: Then again, you'll change your mind. Such is our nature.

theTactician
08-12-2007, 05:03
Originally posted by Valor1
It never ends. Bukas, you'll change your mind. Try the SVI/STI and other tuned 1911's.:supergrin: Then again, you'll change your mind. Such is our nature.

i guess you're right. who says women are the only fickle minded creatures? men too, hehehe. we also change our minds the minute we see a drop dead gorgeous lady pass us by right? hehehe

Sweater
08-12-2007, 05:35
Have you try Kimbers?I sure will love it too.

theTactician
08-12-2007, 07:27
Originally posted by Sweater
Have you try Kimbers?I sure will love it too.

kimbers...kimbers are good and expensive. as for trying it, i did use one before, its the kimber raptor, standard size 1911 with compensator. it was fun to use at first but then after using it for quite sometime, i dont know why, but the gun failed to load a round on the chamber..for some reason i dont know. and it was hard to even release the magazine. something got stuck, we tried to remedy the malfunction but it didnt work. it happend several times. so my friend, who owns it, unfortunately stopped using it and had it repaired. well, every gun has their flaws, no gun is perfect but after experiencing that...i said to myself that if i have extra money i would buy that gun but if i have a limited financial resource for guns, i would rather buy an m4, a paraordnance pxt 1911, or maybe another glock or the HK 45. its just me though.:)