Fallen Brother [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Fallen Brother

FLAGLOCK19
07-19-2007, 09:40
As some of you know LT. Corey Dahlem of the Gainesville Police Department in Gainesville, Florida was hit and killed by suspected drunk driver Austin Wright the night that the University of Florida Mens Basketball team won there second National Championship Title.

LT. Dahlem was directing traffic as the cleaning crews were out cleaning the streets when a drunk driver plowed through the barriers and struck LT. Dahlem throwing him several feet away from his post. LT. Dahlem was rushed to Shands Medical Center were he later passed away from his injuries. His assailant was apprehended moments later and arrested. This weekend on "Americas Most Wanted" hosted by John Walsh they will be honoring LT. Dahlem in there segment "In The Line Of Duty" Please tune in and pay your respects to this fallen hero on Saturday July 21st @ 9pm. Thank you...

rmc85
07-19-2007, 13:58
he was a great guy....sad to see him go like that....I just hope austin wright gets what he deserves

rvrctyrngr
07-19-2007, 14:05
Thanks for the info....Will Do!

Also, do you know of any memorial/scholarship fund for LT. Dahlem? I lived in G'ville for awhile, and would like to contribute something.

FLAGLOCK19
07-19-2007, 15:45
I don't know of any memorial/scholarship fund setup for LT. Dahlem family but I'm sure there is one. contact Gainesville Police Department. (http://www.gainesvillepd.org) and I'm sure that someone there will be able to better serve you.

rvrctyrngr
07-20-2007, 11:13
Thanks. I should be through there this weekend. I'll just stop by.

rmc85
07-21-2007, 11:51
I looked on GPD's website and didnt see anything....I know there is one because I posted the info for it here on GT right after it happened....if you go to the staion or call they should be able to tell you no problem

rvrctyrngr
08-06-2007, 06:58
UF has started a Scholarship Fund in LT Dahlem's name:
NewsStory (http://www.news4jax.com/news/13826030/detail.html)

GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- University of Florida football coach Urban Meyer and hundreds others are helping to set up a scholarship fund in honor of a police officer who was killed while on duty after the Gators won the NCAA basketball championship.

A drunken driver struck Lt. Corey Dahlem, 46, while he and other officers were clearing the streets following the post-win celebration in Gainesville.

Dahlem's wife and two children said they were still taking the loss day by day. They said they were focusing on the criminal justice scholarship in their loved one's name that will carry on his passion for law enforcement.

The scholarship is to the University of Florida.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
I'll get all the pertinent info and post it here.