Firefox update issue 2.0.0.5 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Firefox update issue 2.0.0.5


hapuna
07-19-2007, 11:48
Firefox did its auto update and now I'm getting a lot of messages that FF can't find the server at _____.
I have tabs that work fine and others that can't function. Is anyone aware of this or what might be causing it?

Washington,D.C.
07-19-2007, 12:38
The first thing you should do is reboot your PC. You can download and install the newest version of Firefox again without uninstalling the old one to save your settings.

Firefox

http://www.majorgeeks.com/Mozilla_Firefox_d2248.html


This small programs sorts out a lot of things.


Advanced WindowsCare


http://www.majorgeeks.com/Advanced_WindowsCare_v2_Personal_d4991.html

hapuna
07-19-2007, 13:53
It may have just been a coincidence that my Internet provider was having some problems cause all of a sudden everything is working fine again????:banana:

EAJuggalo
07-23-2007, 20:24
Mine started doing that just a day or two ago, immediately after I installed ZoneAlarm. I uninstalled ZoneAlarm and it is still happening from time to time.

Washington,D.C.
07-23-2007, 20:30
The updates to Firefox are security updates. You might change your default home page to a simple one like Google. Pages with a lot of things on them might time out the first especially if they are the default home page. Go to Google and then the page you want. It should load okat then.

Blitzer
07-23-2007, 22:58
Originally posted by EAJuggalo
Mine started doing that just a day or two ago, immediately after I installed ZoneAlarm. I uninstalled ZoneAlarm and it is still happening from time to time.

So it ain't Zone Alarm, reinstall it quick! :shocked:

My update of Firefox, other than a few add-ins not being compatible, works flawlessly! :supergrin:

EAJuggalo
07-25-2007, 00:54
Blitzer, I don't know what I was thinking when I typed, I hadn't uninstalled ZoneAlarm I had only shut it down. Once I did uninstall ZoneAlarm Firefox started working like a charm again. D.C. it wasn't only the home page that was producing the error message it was just about every site I went to including GT and Google.

At this point I'm just putting it down to Vista and ZoneAlarm not working well together.