A couple of questions... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : A couple of questions...

TLHelmer
07-19-2007, 18:03
My family and I are going to the Pidgeon Forge area four days. I have a couple of questions for you volunteers if you don't mind helping.

I am a police officer and have an Indiana personal protection permit. Is it legal for me to carry in Tn? Are there any laws against carrying a pocket knife of any length?

Finally, Is there anything firearm related to do in the area? I would also like to know if there are any attractions or activities that two boys between the ages of 11 and 13 would enjoy?

Thanks in advance!

Akita
07-19-2007, 18:23
As a bonded LEO, you can carry anywhere in the US per HR 214. Now that dont mean to try it in NYC, but TN is LE and CCW friendly. Just use your head and dont carry it anyplace you obviously shouldnt(airports, consuming alcohol, etc) and besides, if no one sees it, its never a concern.

HOWEVER, do know that the National Park System does not recognize HR 214 OR TN state law and may charge you if you carry inside the Park. Usually its the Ahole young ones. (all of this paragraph is per an ex SMNP ranger). According to my bud, it has been taken to court twice in the last 10 years and the LE officer has won both times (TN officer inside Park). Some arrogant types learn slow.

Theres tons of stuff to do (hiking, rafting, copter rides, bungee, Dollywood, etc), but I cant put my finger on anything specifically shooting related. Next gunshow that I'm aware of in east TN isnt until 8/11-12.

TLHelmer
07-19-2007, 18:29
Thanks akita! That is great info on the carrying issue. We will be visiting the national parks for hiking and the view.

Thanks again!

Gary G23
07-19-2007, 20:24
In TN if a restaurant serves alcohol you cannot carry a gun in there.

TLHelmer
07-20-2007, 17:24
Thats good information to know! Yikes!

TLHelmer
07-25-2007, 05:47
You guys have a beautiful state. We really enjoyed the trip to the Smokey mountains. :thumbsup: