Castle Doctrine posted..... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Castle Doctrine posted.....

Turtle13
07-20-2007, 19:21
I made up this "sign" and I was wondering if any of you thought it may be a good B&E deterrent for me to post it on my fence. Keep in mind I live in Flint...so I'm not just paranoid, it really does suck in this city.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y300/Urinalmynt/Castledoctrine.jpg

So what do you some of you think? Feel free to steal it if you want too. It's not like its copyrighted info or anything.

Punctilious1
07-20-2007, 20:37
I elect to minimize any outward manifestation of my firearm ownership. That means no NRA or Glock bumper stickers or any signs on my home of any sort. I don't want anyone KNOWING I have guns because it'll potentially make me more of a target for thieves. Guns are a jackpot item for them.

MakeMineaP99
07-20-2007, 22:24
In the city of Flint, I would not mention anything firearms related. Some 'toid will break down your door for a gun.

I don't think you'll find anything to deter 'toids, they are a rather unique bunch.

Turtle13
07-21-2007, 00:01
Advice taken. I was just using the mindset that an armed house isn't an "easy target". But I see the point.

It's a shame too, it's a damn fine sign.

Punctilious1
07-21-2007, 08:37
Originally posted by Turtle13
Advice taken. I was just using the mindset that an armed house isn't an "easy target". But I see the point.

It's a shame too, it's a damn fine sign.

That it is. Maybe I'll use it for my screen saver. :thumbsup:

charmincarmens
07-21-2007, 08:41
And a great sign. But don't use it.It would be your last nail in your coffin if you have to defend yourself.

bassplayer
07-21-2007, 10:28
Its best not to advertise, but then again, its Flint - They won't be able to read it :P :animlol:

10 Ring Tao
07-21-2007, 11:53
Cool sign, but just like 'no guns' signs don't deter criminals from doing anything, I doubt the artards would bother reading or understand your sign.

Turtle13
07-21-2007, 21:06
Originally posted by bassplayer
Its best not to advertise, but then again, its Flint - They won't be able to read it :P :animlol:

I was actually contemplating whether or not anyone here could understand the terminology...even after I boiled it down. Thats a sad state. :supergrin:

john_glock_mi
07-22-2007, 10:13
+1 on no signs or stickers. I have no NRA, Glock, or anything else to tip my hand.

douglasd
07-23-2007, 07:26
Originally posted by Punctilious1
I elect to minimize any outward manifestation of my firearm ownership. That means no NRA or Glock bumper stickers or any signs on my home of any sort. I don't want anyone KNOWING I have guns because it'll potentially make me more of a target for thieves. Guns are a jackpot item for them.

I agree 100%! I also have NO bumper stickers, window decals, etc. on my car or house. Why advertise that you have guns inside? It's like saying, "Wait until I leave, then come on in and get them!"

I do like the sign, though...if I WERE going to have a sign, I'd use yours.

Timotheous46
07-23-2007, 08:29
Don’t forget our friends the lawyers.
A few years ago a farming magazine said not to post “beware of dog signs” because a good(?) lawyer might argue that you knew you were keeping a dangerous dog on your property.
With the same twisted logic and a carefully selected jury the same lawyer could argue that you were premeditated in your intent to cause great bodily harm to some poor individual who as a victim of society was only trying to support his local economy.

Tim

steveksux
07-23-2007, 14:29
Originally posted by Turtle13
I was actually contemplating whether or not anyone here could understand the terminology...even after I boiled it down. Thats a sad state. :supergrin: I doubt they'd get the intended meaning... I'd be worried they'd misunderstand the terminology and think it says "Gun sale. 100% off." too.. :supergrin:

Randy

Turtle13
07-23-2007, 21:23
Originally posted by steveksux
I doubt they'd get the intended meaning... I'd be worried they'd misunderstand the terminology and think it says "Gun sale. 100% off." too.. :supergrin:

Randy

:rofl: :rofl: :animlol:

freakshow10mm
07-26-2007, 08:00
I wouldn't warn them with signs. The first shot COM will warn them that there are more where that came from.