IDPA for newbies [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : IDPA for newbies

tagaykoyan
07-20-2007, 20:24
does anyone know of any "practical shooting for dummies" beginner courses, preferably IDPA? sa armscor meron daw?

bulm540
07-20-2007, 22:27
If you have shot IPSC, IDPA should not be a problem.

tagaykoyan
07-20-2007, 22:46
haven't done both chief. haven't tried any funshoots either, just pure plinking. parang sayang lang ammo pag plinking lang

jimbullet
07-21-2007, 00:44
If anyone of us are armscor gun club members, we can have stages made for our selves doing IDPA style shooting. We can have a match of our own and winner buys the softdrinks after.

Went to the range today but no BOG showed up for practice, ended up doing my own stuff.

tagaykoyan
07-21-2007, 01:51
Originally posted by jimbullet
If anyone of us are armscor gun club members, we can have stages made for our selves doing IDPA style shooting. We can have a match of our own and winner buys the softdrinks after.

+1 sir jimbullet. i suggest though that the loser buys the softdrinks instead. or the beer..

HEAVY
07-21-2007, 02:36

Went to the range today but no BOG showed up for practice, ended up doing my own stuff.

today? what time?

i was there till 1pm.

jimbullet
07-21-2007, 17:14
Huh? I was there 9:30am to 11am shooting. I didnt see you there, ran out of ammo and left na.

3kings
07-21-2007, 18:40
i was there too 10-1pm together with some PG members we occupied the 1st (shotgun), 2nd (pistol), 4th (pistol cqb) and 50m (rifle) range bays

jimbullet
07-22-2007, 17:19
So you were one of those on the rifle range with the AK and the ARs...

HEAVY
07-22-2007, 20:21
Huh? I was there 9:30am to 11am shooting. I didnt see you there, ran out of ammo and left na.

haha! how could we miss each other!?

we were on the first and last bays on the left when entering the compound.

saang bay ka naglaro?

look at this : http://pinoyguns.proboards105.com/index.cgi?board=shotguns&action=display&thread=1185017352

jimbullet
07-22-2007, 22:14
I didnt notice what bay but it was near those guys that had the shirts pinoyguns on them and near those that still had stages from the bolocup match.

HEAVY
07-23-2007, 00:50
that's weird, bro.

i was with the pinoyguns boys.

Mr Magnum
07-23-2007, 02:19
WHOAH!!!!!! i never knew there would be a filipino fourm like this..and i have been a member of Smith&wessonforum, thefiringline forum and thehighroadfoum.

[does anyone know of any "practical shooting for dummies" beginner courses, preferably IDPA? sa armscor meron daw?]

Being a member since last July, 06, i could say that Yep! there is.

just look for Gina at Armscor Marikina. I was told that there is a certain IDPA trainer which holds saturday&Sunday classes but only to a group of no more than 6? 7? the number im not really sure of. Most members are businessmen, lawyers, etc.

Let me know if your in. I sure would like to train also.

[Originally posted by jimbullet
If anyone of us are armscor gun club members, we can have stages made for our selves doing IDPA style shooting. We can have a match of our own and winner buys the softdrinks after.]

Aside from the "every-now&then" set ups for IPSC/IDPA etc courses, you can actually have a course done using ready made ones that were just used the previous weeks or days.

I suggest that you keep track of the days where IPSC/IDPA etc shoot fest are held, then have them (range officers) reserve the mock-ups for your scheduled day shoot. If i'm not mistaken, it costs around Php200 only to have them set it up.

Hope this helps!

Happy & safe Shooting to All!

royal glockster
07-23-2007, 05:00
Originally posted by bulm540
If you have shot IPSC, IDPA should not be a problem.

Most IPSC shooters (like me) committed mistakes when shooting IDPA. They were doing the speed reload instead of tactical reload most of the time, and they shoot the target boards without covering their bodies...:supergrin:

Allegra
07-23-2007, 07:38
Originally posted by royal glockster
Most IPSC shooters (like me) committed mistakes when shooting IDPA. They were doing the speed reload instead of tactical reload most of the time, and they shoot the target boards without covering their bodies...:supergrin:

:)
who won the match?

TTPower
07-23-2007, 08:33
guys if u plan to shoot IDPA pls let me know :) i want to try IDPA wala lng ako kasama hehehehehe

tagaykoyan
07-24-2007, 03:20
i just called gina paras of armscor marikina. they're offering IDPA courses. one-day seminar costs 1 thou. this includes 50 rounds ammo. mr. sajot or major tuliao ang instructors.

however, minimum ten participants required. anybody interested?

TTPower
07-24-2007, 05:49
Originally posted by tagaykoyan
i just called gina paras of armscor marikina. they're offering IDPA courses. one-day seminar costs 1 thou. this includes 50 rounds ammo. mr. sajot or major tuliao ang instructors.

however, minimum ten participants required. anybody interested?

di ba medyo mataas yung price for a seminar? :)

Eye Cutter
07-24-2007, 06:07
Originally posted by Allegra
who won the match?

kaw naman, fafa, tinatanong pa ba yun...
:supergrin:

bulm540
07-24-2007, 06:40
Originally posted by Eye Cutter
kaw naman, fafa, tinatanong pa ba yun...

Eye Cutter
07-24-2007, 07:00
hwehehehe!

my point is, you need to practice, practice and practice.

the more range time you have, the more you become familiar with your pistol, you learn how to make it run 101% at all times and all the time, and most importantly, you become a better shot!

but still, its just a game...

Eye Cutter
07-24-2007, 07:02
btw, pero kelangan tama mga fundamentals, ha??? madami kasi ako nakikita who fire hundreds and hundreds of rounds pero mali ang stance, grip, technique, etc! mahirap din i-unlearn yung mga maling technique!

tagaykoyan
07-24-2007, 07:15
Originally posted by TTPower
di ba medyo mataas yung price for a seminar? :)

dunno sir... i have no comparison...
baka may BOGster dito na pwede mag conduct, at a much lower rate :banana:

Allegra
07-24-2007, 07:19
IPSC , IDPA and airsoft are games pero they are drilling your subconscious into shooting at humanoid targets

parang violent movies/video games are conditioning ang utak ng mga bata

Kulang nalang ng desensitizing sa violence at motivation for violence and you have yor perfect killer

hehe konting tambay lang sa powerbooks dami mo matututunan

Eye Cutter
07-24-2007, 07:22
aha! mall ninja ka na pala ngayon, fafa!

hwehehehe!

Allegra
07-24-2007, 07:30
Originally posted by Eye Cutter
aha! mall ninja ka na pala ngayon, fafa!

hwehehehe!

Excuse me , tactically oriented!

Mr Magnum
07-28-2007, 13:20
[i just called gina paras of armscor marikina. they're offering IDPA courses. one-day seminar costs 1 thou. this includes 50 rounds ammo. mr. sajot or major tuliao ang instructors.
however, minimum ten participants required. anybody interested?]

Tagaykoyan...i have gone to armscor last friday and yesterday (saturday) and have also talked with Gina also and the head manager of armscor. all that you've mentioned are correct. I have told some of my shooting friends.. they're willing to join. No date yet accrdg to the Head Mgr but as soon as they have at least 8 people, then the IDPA class is good to go. We're definitely in!

[my point is, you need to practice, practice and practice.

the more range time you have, the more you become familiar with your pistol, you learn how to make it run 101% at all times and all the time, and most importantly, you become a better shot! ]

There is a fil-am USPSA or IPSC champion shooter that i have read about in American HAndgunner (latest edition- i think). He mentioned that since work constraints prohibits him to practice at the range anymore than once a week didnt hinder his skills to becoming a champion. He just practices at home thrice a week, dry firing and creating mental scenarios. (Do remember to follow the 4 Rules of Gun safety).

tagaykoyan
07-28-2007, 22:00
Originally posted by Mr Magnum
[i just called gina paras of armscor marikina. they're offering IDPA courses. one-day seminar costs 1 thou. this includes 50 rounds ammo. mr. sajot or major tuliao ang instructors.
however, minimum ten participants required. anybody interested?]

Tagaykoyan...i have gone to armscor last friday and yesterday (saturday) and have also talked with Gina also and the head manager of armscor. all that you've mentioned are correct. I have told some of my shooting friends.. they're willing to join. No date yet accrdg to the Head Mgr but as soon as they have at least 8 people, then the IDPA class is good to go. We're definitely in!

in my pinoyguns post re this topic (http://pinoyguns.proboards105.com/index.cgi?board=gunclubs&action=display&thread=1185268755&page=2), 7 to 8 people have already signed up. add mr magnum and we already meet the quota!

can we do it this august before magumpisa ang tagulan? mr magnum pls pm me. tnx