Outdoor Shooting Ranges in Portage or Summit County? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Outdoor Shooting Ranges in Portage or Summit County?

glockarella
07-21-2007, 17:37
Can any Ohio Glockers tell me of any outdoor ranges in Portage or Summit Counties in Ohio? My boys are in college and don't get to come home much to shoot at our ranges and they miss it! I would like to drive up for a day and take them out for the afternoon...they love our Glocks. Would the ranges be public or private? Is there a charge? If so how much? If you can provide addresses of the ranges I can Mapquest them for directions. Where the cheapest place in Kent or Akron to buy 9mm or 45acp ammo? Any info would be great.

BIG SHAFE
07-21-2007, 17:55
I don't know of any in those counties but there are more than a few in Stark. A couple in Canton and one in Canal Fulton. If you search on Google you may be able to come up with some.

pasqual
07-22-2007, 07:17
In Portage you only have Targething Pro Shop, at 12006 Fenstermaker Road, Garrettsville, Ohio 44231. Their phone number is 440-548-2442. They are the only public range in Portage. They carry targets and ammo but don't know what their prices are like. You can shoot rifle or pistol, plus they have trap and skeet ranges. There is a Wal-mart on 59 east of Kent, but don't know if they still carry ammo.
There really isn't any place in Kent to buy ammo, Kent is an anti-gun city. I would bring what I plan on shooting with me. Have fun with your boys, and I hope this helps. :thumbsup:

glockarella
07-22-2007, 07:34
Originally posted by pasqual
In Portage you only have Targething Pro Shop, at 12006 Fenstermaker Road, Garrettsville, Ohio 44231. Their phone number is 440-548-2442. They are the only public range in Portage. They carry targets and ammo but don't know what their prices are like. You can shoot rifle or pistol, plus they have trap and skeet ranges. There is a Wal-mart on 59 east of Kent, but don't know if they still carry ammo.
There really isn't any place in Kent to buy ammo, Kent is an anti-gun city. I would bring what I plan on shooting with me. Have fun with your boys, and I hope this helps. :thumbsup:

Is this range the one that has a gun shop near it? My son might have mentioned this one but he said it was $8.00 an hour to shoot. I was told that there was an indoor range in the Akron area but that they had a fire and are currently remodeling it. I think it's on Route 8 North going to Stow, Ohio? I was hoping to find a public range to shoot at like here in Jefferson County, Ohio. We have Fernwood State Forrest and the pistol and rifle range are free to the public. Someone mentioned that there might be a range in Trumball County, Ohio. Have you ever heardof that one? I don't know if its free of pay to use.

mattswabb
07-22-2007, 09:49
This is their site:

http://www.aashootingclub.com/default.htm

I do like this range. Unsupervised, 2 rifle ranges and a pistol range. $8 per hour