Culpeper [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Culpeper

dabennet
07-22-2007, 11:47
Hi all,
Just wondering if anyone knows any good gun stores around the Culpeper area. I checked the sticky about VA gun stores and didn't see any listed, but I wanted to double check with the wise men. Thanks.

alien-Glocker
07-22-2007, 17:38
If you don't mind a bit of drive closer in to Northern Virginia, try Virginia Arms in Manassas. First class gun shop! Much to choose from and really great staff.

vafish
07-22-2007, 18:10
There used to be a gun shop in the middle of town on 29 business.

Only went in once to check a deer. Prices seemed alright.

There's Clark Brothers closer to Warrenton.

Their prices on new guns are mostly list price. But you can find some real bargains in their used guns every now and then. I bought a S+W model 19 that had been customized into a PPC gun by Wilson IIRC, paid less than the going price for the plain gun.

CajunBass
07-23-2007, 02:52
I've bought a couple of guns from Clark brothers, and I didn't notice their prices being much different, but I'll admit I don't keep up too much with what different shops are selling for. It's worth a trip there just to look at the stuff on the walls.

My wife and I go there to shoot a lot. We mostly shoot our 22's since you have to buy their ammo. Their ammo prices are high too, but there is no charge for the range, so we get more "bangs for our buck" with rimfires than centerfire. Buying their centerfirer ammo and no range fee works out about the same for us as bringing our own ammo and paying range fees at "The Range" so it's sort of six of one, half dozen of the other.

dabennet
07-23-2007, 08:53
Hi all,
I actually live in Bealeton and shoot at Clark's often. I also enjoy visiting Virginia Arms too. I was just wondering if there were any other stores out there that I was missing. Thanks for the responses.
One other thing...has anyone ever visited/shopped at Terrapin Trading in Orange? just curious...

Dave