ideal HD gun [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : ideal HD gun


tagaykoyan
07-23-2007, 07:44
is there an ideal HD gun that is not a revolver? i'm planning to dispose (actually nakapost na sa buy n sell 2Q) my revolver because my wife finds it hard to press the DA trigger. problem naman pag 1911 is hirap sya sa pag rack ng slide...

here are the options:
1. pa trigger job na lang yung revolver since its the easiest to use (point n shoot)
2. look for a semiauto with an easy to rack slide
3. replace my 1911's recoil spring to facilitate easier racking of slide
4. by a gun with a decocker. i-cock na lang nya kung kelangan
5. buy pepperspray

charlie-xray
07-23-2007, 07:46
Glock pa rin any model.

batangueno
07-23-2007, 07:51
You should bring her to a gun store and let her try out the different guns. Check for grip size, trigger reach and ability to rack the slide if a semi auto.

TTPower
07-23-2007, 08:25
will u consider a shotgun? try the escort pump shotgun... its easy to cock and the hand guard use for cocking is positioned nearer for easy cocking :) and little aiming is required :thumbsup:

New_comer
07-23-2007, 08:26
Shotgun

Get a 20ga police model, load it with #4 buck para light ang recoil. 5+1 would be enough. Kung pwede, mag semi-auto ka, may mga Turkish made semi na wala pang 20th.

Kahit babae madali mai-rack yun

Allegra
07-23-2007, 08:46
stick w/ the revo and make her hands stronger instead
Kahit semi-auto yan shestill gonna deal w/ recoil anyway
Bili ka ng grip strengthener, and make her dryfire hanggang dumugo kamay nya
Her finger will grow muscles and the gun will get smoother

edit - teka pala, what kind revolver is she using?

Django
07-23-2007, 09:06
Best would be the M16 IMO. Easy to load, easy to point and shoot, very manageable recoil, has a 30 round capacity and if chamber loaded, all she needs to do is flick the safety lever from Safe to Semi and pull the trigger.

cebuboy
07-23-2007, 09:43
IMHO a good HD gun would be a 4" revolver in .357 magnum. if budget permits, the 4" S&W 686 is a good choice. The Ruger GP100 is a cheaper alternative, but trigger pull is a bit harder. If budget is bit tight, find a .38 special model 10.

I preffer revolvers for HD situations because it is simpler to use, just load it and store it. When the need arises, just aim and shoot.

Or you can get a da/sa pistol, load it, decock it then store it like a revolver.

tagaykoyan
07-23-2007, 18:39
i haven't considered a shotgun kasi i wanted something that i can keep in my small gun safe. my current revo is a ported 4" taurus tracker .357. very very nice gun, love it. but if my wife can't use it properly, its useless.

will consider the SA/DA pistol. any recommendations?

kontra
07-23-2007, 18:54
my vote goes to HK pistols. they have sa/da or the LEM trigger. can be in 9mm, .40 & .45. lots of sizes and grip styles to choose from for your wife.

TTPower
07-23-2007, 19:58
Originally posted by tagaykoyan
i haven't considered a shotgun kasi i wanted something that i can keep in my small gun safe. my current revo is a ported 4" taurus tracker .357. very very nice gun, love it. but if my wife can't use it properly, its useless.

will consider the SA/DA pistol. any recommendations?

can ur wife handle the recoil of a .357?
before i suggest any SA/DA pistol have u tried a khar cw9? its a single stack DA only pistol, grip is perfect for small hands and the trigger pull is really smooth much better than a glock. trigger pull is around 5-6lbs. only. since u keep the gun in a safe and the only time ur going to take it out is when u need it, safety is not much an issue. ( i dont think i'm helping here.... lalo ko pinapadami choices mo hehehehe)

for SA/DA... there are a lot hehehehehe! if ur going to ask me CZ, HK, SIG. btw how much are u willing to spend?

revo
07-23-2007, 21:02
Originally posted by Allegra
stick w/ the revo and make her hands stronger instead


sir, i'll have you know that my girlfriend tried that but in no way did it make her hands stronger.

her technique just got better.

revo

:supergrin:

tagaykoyan
07-23-2007, 21:58
Originally posted by TTPower
can ur wife handle the recoil of a .357?
before i suggest any SA/DA pistol have u tried a khar cw9? its a single stack DA only pistol, grip is perfect for small hands and the trigger pull is really smooth much better than a glock. trigger pull is around 5-6lbs. only. since u keep the gun in a safe and the only time ur going to take it out is when u need it, safety is not much an issue. ( i dont think i'm helping here.... lalo ko pinapadami choices mo hehehehe)

for SA/DA... there are a lot hehehehehe! if ur going to ask me CZ, HK, SIG. btw how much are u willing to spend?

she can handle the 357 recoil. the gun is ported, and when in the safe its loaded with 38+p sabers.

how about a norinco np22, the sig p226 clone? it has a decocker, and 17k lang. is it reliable though?

TTPower
07-23-2007, 23:19
i have read some BOGS have that... no complains so far and they say that the parts and mags of the original sig are interchangeable with the np22. well for me thats a good sign! plus the the price is really tempting thats why i also plan to get the norinco cz clone. its only 14k even cheaper hehehehehe :)

New_comer
07-23-2007, 23:26
For all guns in 9, 40 and 45 offerings, you will always have to deal with racking the slide against 15-20 lbs of spring pressure. No way around that, not a Beretta, sig, Norinco or 1911 format.

If it has to be a semi, despite great advise you've been offered so far to stick with a revolver, better go down to a 22LR, with the Ruger Mark III camp gun in 10+1 loaded with high velocity softpoints bullets as you're only other smart choice.

Even a toddler can pull against the 5-7 lb recoil spring of such a gun to load the chamber. It shoots fast, so 5-10 hits in the chest area won't be a problem to your wife. She'd be like you personal "Alias" operative, as the low recoil of such gun can be truly deadly with multiple and highly accurate hits.

It now becomes an issue of practice to perfect the use of her new defensive tool. ;)

maskytrading
07-24-2007, 00:55
Try any Taurus snubbie with a Titanium frame in 38spl with 7 rounds. Bring the revolver and your wife to a gunsmith and have the trigger pull smoothed, lightened and adjusted to her liking.

Allegra
07-24-2007, 05:59
Originally posted by maskytrading
Try any Taurus snubbie with a Titanium frame in 38spl with 7 rounds. Bring the revolver and your wife to a gunsmith and have the trigger pull smoothed, lightened and adjusted to her liking.


sir have you tried the titanium snubbie?
I cant stand the recoil , very unpleasant even w/ standard fmj


to the thread starter , why dont yu just get some shooting lessons for your wife? so she can shoot any gun

jundeleon
07-24-2007, 06:06
There's a Beretta Cheetah .380 with a tip up barrel.
No need to rack the slide to load.
But I dont know how fast it can be done especially in a self-defense situation.
Finding one here is another problem.

mitchshrader
07-24-2007, 06:30
on a S&W .38 special model 10.

the trigger is slicker than the usual taurus, 9 lbs double action.

i'd get a set of wolf springs for that taurus and test some .38 FBI load ammo.

she can too fire it. you need to change the grips to something that fits her hand, not yours.

you need to get her a squeeze ball to build hand strength, radius the trigger and find some grips that fit.


i've taught 12 year olds to shoot a .38 special. If you can't learn that go to the .22. I'm not being sarcastic, cause a .38 special is as easy as it gets. shoot one case of wadcutters, then move to FBI loads.

that's how you do it. that's the answer. that works. you don't fix the issue by changing platforms. you fix the issue by getting the wife a tool made to her strength and size. I have a .357 setting on my nightstand right now loaded with .38s, with undersized grips to fit my daughters hands, (who is 15) .. JUST IN CASE..

i am willing to spend any amount of money on a gun that works better and there is not one that works better for an untrained novice to become accurate rapidly. I'm 52. I've seen many many people trained. START WITH THE GOAL IN MIND... not 'buy the fancy gun cause you have an excuse'..

Allegra
07-24-2007, 06:59
ah finally a voice of reason!
:)

tagaykoyan
07-24-2007, 07:24
hmm best advice i've heard so far. work on the taurus' trigger pull and probably some grip strengthening exercises as well. she's ok with the 357's recoil, and the stock ribber grip suits her fine.

its really just the trigger pull. i've even tried breaking it in with dryfire, and even my finger has to take a short break every couple of cylinders.:frown:

charlie-xray
07-24-2007, 07:32
Littlest effort in aiming, and whoever hears the continous barrage of 5.56 would surely run even the most hard core of criminals out there.

Originally posted by Django
Best would be the M16 IMO. Easy to load, easy to point and shoot, very manageable recoil, has a 30 round capacity and if chamber loaded, all she needs to do is flick the safety lever from Safe to Semi and pull the trigger.

HEAVY
07-24-2007, 20:24
steel-framed snubbie. 38special.

New_comer
07-24-2007, 20:45
Originally posted by tagaykoyan
hmm best advice i've heard so far. work on the taurus' trigger pull and probably some grip strengthening exercises as well. she's ok with the 357's recoil, and the stock ribber grip suits her fine.

its really just the trigger pull. i've even tried breaking it in with dryfire, and even my finger has to take a short break every couple of cylinders.:frown:

Come to think to of it, why are you expecting her to shoot DA all the time? Even IPSC shooters in the revolver division find it difficult, or challenging at the very least, to shoot 6 rounds in DA into the A zone, how much more in going thru a 32 to 40 round course. Kaya madalang ang nasa Revolver division, mahirap kasi. :upeyes: I don't even do a lot of DA in dry firing my USP, nakakapagod and promotes unwanted 'pulled' shots (to the right sa righty) during SA fire. May technique din sa placement ng trigger finger. Dapat tapat sa joint para pwersado, samantalang sa SA, yung "padded tip under the nail" ang trigger positioning para eksakto.

Have her cock the hammer para SA lang. Sa tingin ko naman, kung nakapagbubukas ng de lata o pumipiga ng paubos na Colgate ang misis mo, makapag-trigger pull naman siguro siya ng 4-5 lbs lang. Daughter ko ngang 11 yrs old, kayang pigain yung USP ko hanggang maubos ang isang mag, adult lady pa kaya?

If you have read thru our shooting related threads, ang common rule is the first shot is the most important, to make it count agad. Train her to shoot SA. ;)

Allegra
07-24-2007, 22:31
Originally posted by New_comer
Come to think to of it, why are you expecting her to shoot DA all the time? Even IPSC shooters in the revolver division find it difficult, or challenging at the very least, to shoot 6 rounds in DA into the A zone, how much more in going thru a 32 to 40 round course. Kaya madalang ang nasa Revolver division, mahirap kasi. :upeyes: I don't even do a lot of DA in dry firing my USP, nakakapagod and promotes unwanted 'pulled' shots (to the right sa righty) during SA fire. May technique din sa placement ng trigger finger. Dapat tapat sa joint para pwersado, samantalang sa SA, yung "padded tip under the nail" ang trigger positioning para eksakto.

Have her cock the hammer para SA lang. Sa tingin ko naman, kung nakapagbubukas ng de lata o pumipiga ng paubos na Colgate ang misis mo, makapag-trigger pull naman siguro siya ng 4-5 lbs lang. Daughter ko ngang 11 yrs old, kayang pigain yung USP ko hanggang maubos ang isang mag, adult lady pa kaya?

If you have read thru our shooting related threads, ang common rule is the first shot is the most important, to make it count agad. Train her to shoot SA. ;)


Dont be afraid of the DA shot and it's not the reason kokonti ang revlver shooters sa ipsc :)
Old school na yung palipat lipat ng trigger finger posotion kasi nung unang panahon sobrang matigas pa mga DA trigger
I use the point of my fingertip for both DA and SA
There's no short cut to learning the DA kelangan talga ng isang katutak na dryfire until lumakas mga daliri

atmarcella
07-25-2007, 02:46
i bought a taurus stainless steel .38 snubbie for the wifey too, very cheap, 15k all-in, 1st reklamo.....

dear i cant pull the trigger, its too hard....

i go to wolff springs website and presto! there's a trigger spring kit for the taurus model 85.

now its the most usefull gun in my possession, i even leave it with my househelp when we go somewhere for a while, its so simple, all they do is pull the trigger.

but the m16 advice is still the best:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

TTPower
07-25-2007, 08:10
really? u leave ur gun with ur househelp? u must trust ur househelp really well :) by the way how much is the wolf spring? did u get it locally? :) i also have a taurus 85. mine is a ultra-lite titanium

maskytrading
07-25-2007, 20:31
Originally posted by Allegra
sir have you tried the titanium snubbie?
I cant stand the recoil , very unpleasant even w/ standard fmj


I have not shot the titanium snubbies of taurus, but have shot an SmithWesson airweight snubbie in .38spl., I believe their dimensions(size and weight) are about the same...the recoil for me regarding the latter pistol is ok or manageable but maybe the wife of thread starter is petite and have very dainty hands while I'm above 6ft and more than 200lbs.:)

The reason why I suggested the Taurus snubbie instead of the SW revolver is the price consideration, if I may add...

atmarcella
07-26-2007, 04:42
Originally posted by TTPower
really? u leave ur gun with ur househelp? u must trust ur househelp really well :) by the way how much is the wolf spring? did u get it locally? :) i also have a taurus 85. mine is a ultra-lite titanium

i did not get it locally, and yeah i trust my "katulongs"....

di naman sila galit sa akin...cguro kung galit sila sa akin di ko iiwan...pero mabait naman ako eh, kung gusto nila mag advance approved agad hehehehe

seriously, the gun is so simple to operate that my 2 girl katulongs are more than capable of letting it go "bang"... i dont care if they hit the target or not just as long as it goes "bang":supergrin:

Alexii
07-26-2007, 08:08
My advice would be a full size 1911 with a short trigger ands slim grips (read: see the new Firestorm) and stored cocked-and-locked.. Racking the 1911 is more a matter of correct technique rather than strength. I have a petite female friend (95lbs.) who have no trouble at all racking a 1911 (overhand technique) slide with standard springs. She does so well with it too. Can't say the same though for her Steyr S9, probably because of the narrow gripping surface of the slide.

A snub revolver should be an experts-only gun IMO.

atmarcella
07-27-2007, 02:55
what happens when the 1911 jams....or lets say faulty ammo misfires, afterall, ammo is just man made, even corbons have misfires...

in a high stress situation clearing a jam or misfire is tough enough for an ipsc gamer, question is, can a woman, na hindi naman mahilig sa baril o shooting, do it?

if that happens sa revolver all she has to do is...kalabit;)

royal glockster
07-28-2007, 06:07
Originally posted by atmarcella
what happens when the 1911 jams....or lets say faulty ammo misfires, afterall, ammo is just man made, even corbons have misfires...

in a high stress situation clearing a jam or misfire is tough enough for an ipsc gamer, question is, can a woman, na hindi naman mahilig sa baril o shooting, do it?

if that happens sa revolver all she has to do is...kalabit;)

+1 on atmarcella, for a total newbie on guns, revolver is the best defensive weapon. Aim...then pull the trigger, as simple as that.:thumbsup:

Alexii
07-28-2007, 06:46
A revolver may be a fine choice for an untrained woman if she has a good purchase on the trigger and she can execute a smooth stroke on demand. Otherwise, she'd just be 'milking' her shots away; most likely missing the target at close range.

My reason for choosing the 1911 is the natural pointing characteristics of the gun; the high-hit potential first-shot ratio as a result of pulling a 4.5lb trigger as opposed to wrestling a 'minimal' 8lb. DA pull of a revolver; and the minimal hand/finger strength required to fire those crucial first shots. Get her an airweight snubby and things get harder.

As for the 1911 jamming, yes it's true that it requires more manipulation than the revo. But if I'm going to put a 1911 in the hands of an untrained person for HD, it'll be my obligation to teach basic manual of arms of the gun including its clearing (tap, rack, bang) and its safe and proper use. If I had any inkling the person isn't remotely interested, then she won't be handling any gun, revos included.

I love the revo, especially when I can execute a contact shot to an assailant and still be able to fire a second or third shot. Can't say the same for any other autoloader.

But it isn't for everyone.

darwin25
07-30-2007, 19:58
Originally posted by Alexii

A snub revolver should be an experts-only gun IMO.

I agree. Well maybe not an expert but a revolver requires some degree of proficiency. I bet many of those who suggests a revolver for ladies don't shoot revolvers much or worse, dont shoot revolvers at all. And if at all, shoots those revolvers in single action. Im a dedicated revolver fan and I own more than few wheelguns and I know that they are guns not for the newbie. Just because they are very simple guns in operation and maintenance does not mean they are just as easy to shoot.

What Col. Cooper thinks as the best home defense gun is same as mine. The "Wolf Killer" otherwise known as the Lupara.

atmarcella
07-30-2007, 20:14
pag iniiwanan ko kasi ng revo ang babae hindi ko naman inaasahan na matatamaan nya ang pinuputokan nya....

ang inaasahan ko lang na maiputok nya...

para lang makabili ng oras, maka tawag sa pulis o saklolo sa pinakamalapit na kamaganak...

actually sinasabi ko sa katulong ko dalhin nila sa kwarto nila ang cordless...pero what if gusto talaga pasokin ng loko pati kwarto nila?

at least pag pasok me pasalubong sila, limang putok din yun, kalabit lang sya ng kalabit, wala pang jam, pag me misfire kalabitin nya lang ulit...

kung mapatay man lang sila at least makadali man lang kahit isa, sa ganun ka close range kahit wala nang sipat tama pa rin yun, SA o DA pareho lang yun sa 3meters...

Allegra
07-30-2007, 20:50
Originally posted by darwin25
I agree. Well maybe not an expert but a revolver requires some degree of proficiency. I bet many of those who suggests a revolver for ladies don't shoot revolvers much or worse, dont shoot revolvers at all. And if at all, shoots those revolvers in single action. Im a dedicated revolver fan and I own more than few wheelguns and I know that they are guns not for the newbie. Just because they are very simple guns in operation and maintenance does not mean they are just as easy to shoot.

What Col. Cooper thinks as the best home defense gun is same as mine. The "Wolf Killer" otherwise known as the Lupara.



hehe revos are not harder to learn than an auto
It's easier to teach IMO
I've taught a girl who's never held a gun before to shoot As from 10m in one afternoon lang ( girls are a LOT easier to teach than guys )
snubbies are another matter, but then they are not made to be target pistols either

cebuboy
07-31-2007, 04:51
Originally posted by darwin25
What Col. Cooper thinks as the best home defense gun is same as mine. The "Wolf Killer" otherwise known as the Lupara.

Yup, if I can only get one...

cebuboy
07-31-2007, 04:54
Originally posted by Allegra
I've taught a girl who's never held a gun before to shoot As from 10m in one afternoon lang ( girls are a LOT easier to teach than guys )


I also have the same conclusion:) girls in general are easier to teach than guys. and they smell good too.

Allegra
07-31-2007, 05:45
Originally posted by cebuboy
I also have the same conclusion:) girls in general are easier to teach than guys. and they smell good too.

Women and yuong guys ( but I dont know how both smell :))
Men especially old men are a f#$%^ pain in the @$$

tagaykoyan
07-31-2007, 07:24
actually kahit di na iputok ang revo ko. i think this is scary enough...

http://pun.org/josh/archives/josh's-357.jpg

and where the h@#l am i gonna get a lupara?

atmarcella
07-31-2007, 07:36
and where the h@#l am i gonna get a lupara?

sir pagawa ka nang dalawang sumpak tapos pa welding mo sila side by side:thumbsup:

Allegra
07-31-2007, 07:54
Lupara
Get a Perazzi O/U, then lagariin yung barrel :) instant lupara!

darwin25
07-31-2007, 20:35
Originally posted by cebuboy
Yup, if I can only get one...

Ah deenoh was kind enough to bring in 5 of these guns. 3 are already taken 1 for me, 1 for deenoh and 1 for another person.. He said it should arrive in about 1 or 2 months.

Master A:

Masyadong mahal ang Perazzi:)

atmarcella
07-31-2007, 21:01
12 guage ba yan? pumutok ako 12 guage once parang sinuntok ni paquiao kamay ko....kaya ba ng girl yan?

darwin25
07-31-2007, 21:23
Yap 12 gauge. Try light loads instead of standard loads.

Valor1
07-31-2007, 23:25
darwin25,

do you have pictures of that shotgun? how much is the unit price? seems interesting.

cebuboy
08-01-2007, 04:30
Originally posted by darwin25
Ah deenoh was kind enough to bring in 5 of these guns. 3 are already taken 1 for me, 1 for deenoh and 1 for another person.. He said it should arrive in about 1 or 2 months.


Was looking for it during the gunshow, but I did not find any... around how much would this thing cost? this makes a nice car gun:)

darwin25
08-01-2007, 23:44
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a18/darwin25/112.1__SidebysideshotgunModelJw2000b.jpg

deenoh quoted me for something like below P15,000.00. You may ask him for the exact price.

Allegra
08-02-2007, 02:34
Godfather 2 and 3 and great scenes of the lupara in action :)

chill92
08-19-2007, 01:56
hi guys, i'm new here. i just bought my first handgun a glock 19... so i'm new to the whole gun thing, not a very experienced shooter and i'm looking to get into it....:)

bisoy
08-19-2007, 03:05
Originally posted by darwin25
Ah deenoh was kind enough to bring in 5 of these guns. 3 are already taken 1 for me, 1 for deenoh and 1 for another person.. He said it should arrive in about 1 or 2 months.

Master A:

Masyadong mahal ang Perazzi:)


am i the "other guy" here? ;)

they have arrived and papers are on their way. three weeks and counting and the long wait is finally over :banana:

Mr Magnum
08-19-2007, 10:22
Tagaykoyan, you're selling na your Tracker Magnum? just shot that wonder of a wheelgun kanina ah? hehehe

sayang bro! pero not that im biased, IMHO, i believe that especially for a woman who's not so much into the shooting sport, the best self defense firearm would be a snubbie wheelgun.

kasi no worries if ever there would be any jams/ no worries upon heavy slide pulling (not unless there is a way to lighten up those slide springs pero parang di adviceable yun tlga kasi of course you'll funk up the reloading).the wheelgun is just point then shoot.... then hope not to miss.

I suggest talga if you're concern is the trigger pull, then maybe there's a way to lighten the leaf springs... pero sayang talga yung Taurus pare..

If i justhave enough cash, ako bibili..kaso drought ngayon eh..hehehehe sayang..ganda pa naman ng Tracker mo!

If you really want a pistol for your wife, then id assume dapat medyo not that large....so medyo compact sya...and it should be very very reliable (just like a revolver) then that pistol will also come with a fair amount of price...something which a wheelgun doesnt really have to compete with..

anyway..see you sa Qualifications natin bro!!

happy & safe shooting to all!

tagaykoyan
08-19-2007, 16:57
Originally posted by Mr Magnum
Tagaykoyan, you're selling na your Tracker Magnum? just shot that wonder of a wheelgun kanina ah? hehehe

sayang bro! pero not that im biased, IMHO, i believe that especially for a woman who's not so much into the shooting sport, the best self defense firearm would be a snubbie wheelgun.

kasi no worries if ever there would be any jams/ no worries upon heavy slide pulling (not unless there is a way to lighten up those slide springs pero parang di adviceable yun tlga kasi of course you'll funk up the reloading).the wheelgun is just point then shoot.... then hope not to miss.

I suggest talga if you're concern is the trigger pull, then maybe there's a way to lighten the leaf springs... pero sayang talga yung Taurus pare..

If i justhave enough cash, ako bibili..kaso drought ngayon eh..hehehehe sayang..ganda pa naman ng Tracker mo!

If you really want a pistol for your wife, then id assume dapat medyo not that large....so medyo compact sya...and it should be very very reliable (just like a revolver) then that pistol will also come with a fair amount of price...something which a wheelgun doesnt really have to compete with..

anyway..see you sa Qualifications natin bro!!

happy & safe shooting to all!

hi bro, this is an old post. di ba i mentioned to you na i initially thought of selling the tracker and my rock island 45 but i eventually backed out? definitely i won't sell it now, especially with positive feedback coming from a S&W Performance Center owner:supergrin:

btw, haven't you noticed parehong model 627 yung wheelguns natin.

:supergrin:

Mr Magnum
08-20-2007, 00:57
NYAAAAAAK!!!!!!!!! ****!! i didnt see the date...old post na nga pala..hehehhe

i forgot you told me you had once thought of selling yours pero you backed out na nga pala..

i guess the night before i got drunk sa kaka-tagay! haha sabado eh..waddaya expect! just had 3hours of sleep thats why i almost dozed off a couple of times at the seminar. (kaya naka-shades ako kasi na-i-idlip ako hehehe)

happy & safe shooting bro!

antediluvianist
08-20-2007, 02:47
The best house defense gun is ... guards with guns. Consider living in a condo.

Mr Magnum
08-20-2007, 03:24
[guards with guns. Consider living in a condo.]


Although I do not argue with any insights that you may share, These are just honest opinions.

Yesterday (sunday) we had a seminar about IDPA and one of people which attended with us is a newbie in the gunworld.

He said he just bought his handgun and it havent arrived yet. I asked what made him joined the seminar, He said he hurriedly joined in because they were victims or crime...intruded by armed people who took all their jewelries etc. He and his family lived in a condo.
whats up with guards i say? he told me they all fell asleep.

think it won't likely happen again becuase there are guards? dont believe so.

Another very good friend of ours living in a condo got robbed last 2005. Here is the interesting part. They own the place and are staying at the penthouse. Robbers armed? yes!
insider again? maybe.

Be it an insider, or pass-by robbery or whatever you wanna call it, we all know its still wise to train for firearms defense.

I have been living with my parents in a very nice and secured subdivision in pasig for 31 years and there were still a couple of attempted robbery. all were armed. Where did they come from? WE assume they were carpenters from the every-so-often built houses...or again.....insiders.

I have friends in forbes park makati who was almost robbed and killed. I have another friend in a pasig village. all family members were tied-up and almost got killed.

We say again, the security may be damn tight-it just can't happen.

we know very well anything can happen nowadays... especially living in a third world country.

Conclusion, "its better to have a gun (with enough training) and not need it, than to need a gun and have a rosary!"

There may be no right given but we all still are handed out the privelage (under our St#P#D law) to arm ourselves and train for firearm defense. To Keep & Bear Arms.

Let put it to good use people!

Happy & Safe Shooting to all!

tagaykoyan
08-20-2007, 06:25
Originally posted by Mr Magnum
[guards with guns. Consider living in a condo.]


Although I do not argue with any insights that you may share, These are just honest opinions.

Yesterday (sunday) we had a seminar about IDPA and one of people which attended with us is a newbie in the gunworld.

He said he just bought his handgun and it havent arrived yet. I asked what made him joined the seminar, He said he hurriedly joined in because they were victims or crime...intruded by armed people who took all their jewelries etc. He and his family lived in a condo.
whats up with guards i say? he told me they all fell asleep.

think it won't likely happen again becuase there are guards? dont believe so.

Another very good friend of ours living in a condo got robbed last 2005. Here is the interesting part. They own the place and are staying at the penthouse. Robbers armed? yes!
insider again? maybe.

Be it an insider, or pass-by robbery or whatever you wanna call it, we all know its still wise to train for firearms defense.

I have been living with my parents in a very nice and secured subdivision in pasig for 31 years and there were still a couple of attempted robbery. all were armed. Where did they come from? WE assume they were carpenters from the every-so-often built houses...or again.....insiders.

I have friends in forbes park makati who was almost robbed and killed. I have another friend in a pasig village. all family members were tied-up and almost got killed.

We say again, the security may be damn tight-it just can't happen.

we know very well anything can happen nowadays... especially living in a third world country.

Conclusion, "its better to have a gun (with enough training) and not need it, than to need a gun and have a rosary!"

There may be no right given but we all still are handed out the privelage (under our St#P#D law) to arm ourselves and train for firearm defense. To Keep & Bear Arms.

Let put it to good use people!

Happy & Safe Shooting to all!

amen. not just have guns, but learn how to use it properly. practice practice practice.

(naalala ko na naman yung classifier...:scared: )

antediluvianist
08-20-2007, 08:34
Aside from the guards, and the guards in my condo are armed, everybody has locks and deadbolts on their doors. Guards may sometimes sleep, but to give the impression that this happens a lot, well, not in my condo.

How did the robbers get through deadbolts without being heard?

By the way, I have weapons, but no, I don't think it is probable that robbers will get through armed guards and double locks and pick my particular apartment out of so many.

As for your examples of houses being burglarized, well, that happened to me too a long time ago, and is one reason why I live in a condo. A house is not a condo.

Allegra
08-20-2007, 08:39
Originally posted by Mr Magnum
[guards with guns. Consider living in a condo.]


Although I do not argue with any insights that you may share, These are just honest opinions.

Yesterday (sunday) we had a seminar about IDPA and one of people which attended with us is a newbie in the gunworld.

He said he just bought his handgun and it havent arrived yet. I asked what made him joined the seminar, He said he hurriedly joined in because they were victims or crime...intruded by armed people who took all their jewelries etc. He and his family lived in a condo.
whats up with guards i say? he told me they all fell asleep.

think it won't likely happen again becuase there are guards? dont believe so.

Another very good friend of ours living in a condo got robbed last 2005. Here is the interesting part. They own the place and are staying at the penthouse. Robbers armed? yes!
insider again? maybe.

Be it an insider, or pass-by robbery or whatever you wanna call it, we all know its still wise to train for firearms defense.

I have been living with my parents in a very nice and secured subdivision in pasig for 31 years and there were still a couple of attempted robbery. all were armed. Where did they come from? WE assume they were carpenters from the every-so-often built houses...or again.....insiders.

I have friends in forbes park makati who was almost robbed and killed. I have another friend in a pasig village. all family members were tied-up and almost got killed.

We say again, the security may be damn tight-it just can't happen.

we know very well anything can happen nowadays... especially living in a third world country.

Conclusion, "its better to have a gun (with enough training) and not need it, than to need a gun and have a rosary!"

There may be no right given but we all still are handed out the privelage (under our St#P#D law) to arm ourselves and train for firearm defense. To Keep & Bear Arms.

Let put it to good use people!

Happy & Safe Shooting to all!


When I had my house built dati, I got an architect from manila and he brought all his crew , no locals
I noticed most of them were ex-cons
One even applied as a driver saying he used to be a bodygurd of an ex governor north of manila. I guess painting cabinets was more lucrative
Nothing untoward happened, in fact they did a good job
Pero I would think it would be easy for them to pass info sa kanilang other excon friends

Mr Magnum
08-20-2007, 09:07
[How did the robbers get through deadbolts without being heard?]

This i cannot answer. just passing through first hand information from my own friends. duplicate keys maybe? they assumed it was an insider.

but the fact that it happened....and **** happens...i wouldnt wanna take any chances of leaving my life, wife and family in care of just locks and chains even if it were just a mere .5% risk.

by the way, maybe i didnt make myself clear... the one i mentioned staying at the penthouse......she doesnt just own the penthouse.. she owns the whole condominium building... and still **** happened.

anyway.. happy & safe shooting to all!

atmarcella
08-20-2007, 19:45
third world country kasi tayo nakatira, marami tao walang trabaho, so kahit saan ka cguro nakatira ke sa condo man o sa forbes o sa liblib kagaya ko, dapat ang mindset mo is "sa third world country ako nakatira maraming tao walang trabaho....."

ika nga eh...condition yellow:thumbsup:

Mr Magnum
08-20-2007, 20:17
[dapat ang mindset mo is "sa third world country ako nakatira maraming tao walang trabaho....."]

sad but true! as much as ayaw natin isipin... wala magawa eh. mag-migrate ka man...ganun din.

a good friend of my bro-in-law who migrated sa California was slashed on his right side of the neck ng isang chikano.

ayunpala member ng frat. initiation daw yun.buti di na-dale ang buhay nya...malalim lang sugat at mahaba.

& to think 1st world na yan. siguro pag-nagmirate sa alaska mas ok. kasi bibihira ang tao dun.. hehehe

o kaya sa new zealand ...outnumbered daw ng tupa ang mga tao dun. hehehhe

tagaykoyan
08-20-2007, 22:58
Originally posted by Mr Magnum
[dapat ang mindset mo is "sa third world country ako nakatira maraming tao walang trabaho....."]

sad but true! as much as ayaw natin isipin... wala magawa eh. mag-migrate ka man...ganun din.

a good friend of my bro-in-law who migrated sa California was slashed on his right side of the neck ng isang chikano.

ayunpala member ng frat. initiation daw yun.buti di na-dale ang buhay nya...malalim lang sugat at mahaba.

& to think 1st world na yan. siguro pag-nagmirate sa alaska mas ok. kasi bibihira ang tao dun.. hehehe

o kaya sa new zealand ...outnumbered daw ng tupa ang mga tao dun. hehehhe

an acquaintance of mine was fatally stabbed in his home in Toronto, Canada (1st world). armed robbers broke down his front door and they thought na papalag sya, so tinuluyan sya. his two other companions were gagged and tied.

atmarcella
08-21-2007, 07:26
yup...pero im sure sa mga countries na yun, except USA, ang mga pangyayari na na mention nyo are the exception....not the rule, di gaya dito rampant talaga...

im not saying na hindi nangyayari sa ibang bansa ito, pero sa kanila it is a rarity, like i was watching a movie by michael moore once yung "bowling for columbine", pumunta sya sa canada to check kung totoo talaga that they dont lock their doors at night and they confirmed it...wala pa bakod mga bahay dun.

yung USA i dont consider it a 1st world country, maybe its a military superpower but definitely not 1st world.

Mr Magnum
08-21-2007, 23:27
["there is no such thing as tough.... only trained and untrained"
john creasy]

cool quote by John Creasy.

another Creasy line that i like is:
"Forgiveness is between them & God..Its my job to arrange the meeting"

[ang mga pangyayari na na mention nyo are the exception....not the rule, di gaya dito rampant talaga...]

+1 on this

[im not saying na hindi nangyayari sa ibang bansa ito, pero sa kanila it is a rarity]

[they dont lock their doors at night and they confirmed it...wala pa bakod mga bahay dun.]

Grabe to!

[yung USA i dont consider it a 1st world country, maybe its a military superpower but definitely not 1st world.]

mukha nga talga eh.

but lets say having a 99.5% chance of NOT being harmed/attacked (wether its you, your wife or your loved one) living in a nice condo or living inside malacanang/the whitehouse or the pentagon, it is wise to never gamble for the 0.5% chance.

train, practice and arm ourselves. our priveledge is free.


__________________

atmarcella
08-22-2007, 07:08
countries that i consider 1st world would be countries where the jobs outnumber the people, sa states marami walang trabaho, mga kababayan natin umaasenso dun its bcos skilled sila pagpunta nila dun nurses, teachers etc.

sa mga countries that i had the chance to visit australia, singapore, hongkong i think would qualify as 1st world, sa mga countries na to yung walang trabaho ma categorize mo definitely as tamad, tapos yung people who commit crime talagang definitely bad people, dito kalimitan kumakati lang sikmura....wala na ibang choice :sad:

Mr Magnum
08-24-2007, 02:24
atmarcella - [sa mga countries that i had the chance to visit australia, singapore, hongkong i think would qualify as 1st world]

couldnt agree more!

my bro used to live in aussie. bibihira ang crimes. yun lang nga..wala din bumabaril dun.... hahahhaa

i was also thinking of migrating...but im also tied down with my business and also when i learned na halos walang shooters and shooting sports dun (meaning sobrang madalang at bibihira ang shooting sport dun) ....eh wag na lang.. hahaha

babaw ba ng reasoning?

anyway.. happy & safe shooting!