Question on hd [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Question on hd

Jeff51
07-25-2007, 10:48
I have 2 drives on my computer and am wondering how to transfer data from one to the other? From C drive (primary drive) to D drive. I have gone and right clicked and went to "send to" and D drive was not one of the options. The reason is that I have 2.6G left on "C" and 110 on "D". Thanks Jeff

IndyGunFreak
07-25-2007, 11:45
Copy(or cut) and Paste? Thats how I've always done it. Highlight whatever you want to have on the other drive, Right click and Copy if you want an actual copy(ie, backup), choose cut if you want to move it, and erase it from the original location. Go to the blank drive, right click, choose paste.

IGF

chbix
07-25-2007, 19:23
+1 on copy/paste, unless you use some type of utility software to clone the data, but you dont need all that copy and paste will work just fine.

with that said this is assuming that you are transfering files. I am not sure if I would do this with installed programs/windows, etc. If thats what your doing then kep your "data" files, and then reinstall windows and all of your programs etc.

FastZ
07-26-2007, 06:22
If you don't feel comfortable cutting and pasting like mentioned before, then do the click & drag method. Click the file, and drag it to the D: drive.