What Is This??? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : What Is This???

maomanila
07-26-2007, 18:24
Stiffer penalties vs gun ban violators sought

Friday, July 27, 2007
Philippine Star

Senate Minority Leader Aquilino Pimentel Jr. filed a bill yesterday seeking to ban civilians from carrying guns outside their homes.

Only the following would be allowed to carry firearms:

• a regular member or officer of the Armed Forces of the Philippines and Philippine National Police;

• a regular agent or officer of the National Bureau of Investigation, Criminal Investigation Service, Narcotics Command, Intelligence Service of the AFP, sheriff’s officers of the various courts and other law enforcement agencies; and

• a regular agent or personnel of a duly-licensed private security agency or the security forces of government agencies.

Police and soldiers authorized to carry firearms must be in the actual performance of official duty and should be in complete uniform in which his or her rank is indicated.

The bill also aims to prohibit the giving of permits to carry firearms to temporary or confidential agents or informers of the military, police or any law enforcement agency.

Violators would be imprisoned for at least six years and one day, but not more than 10 years, and fined at least P20,000 up to P100,000.

If the violators are public officials, soldiers or policemen, they would be imposed the additional penalties of absolute disqualification from any public office, dishonorable discharge from the military/police service and forfeiture of all retirement privileges and benefits. – Christina Mendez

boholglock
07-26-2007, 19:53
This is foul and aweful bros!

isuzu
07-26-2007, 21:02
It's the same thing that Nandy Pacheco has been pushing. I posted a reply in a thread months ago (in an election-related topic) about the real motives of this person and his other colleagues at the senate.

He was active about this topic during Erap's time; silent during the election period (hopefully to get votes from gunowners for his son), and now he revived it.

He's got nothing to lose. He's got bodyguards (paid by taxpayer's money - our money!). We can't afford to have even one.

dinggaling
07-26-2007, 22:58
haay thank God we just have one pimentel in the Senate today... muntik na, MABUHAY si MIGS! :thumbsup:

tagaykoyan
07-27-2007, 07:42
Originally posted by dinggaling
haay thank God we just have one pimentel in the Senate today... muntik na, MABUHAY si MIGS! :thumbsup:

+1. and sana pala nakalusot si mike defensor...

TTPower
07-27-2007, 19:26
isuzu can u post the link to ur reply to the other thread... i want to know their real motive. i cant understand why they keep on pushing this stupid law to disarm responsible citezens.

charlie-xray
07-28-2007, 01:26
+1 :thumbsup: think he's sour graping for not winning the Senate Presidency yet again.

Originally posted by dinggaling

asian_glockster
07-28-2007, 05:39
ilang beses na ito.... hindi pa rin sya nagsasawa.

isuzu
07-28-2007, 23:18
Originally posted by TTPower
isuzu can u post the link to ur reply to the other thread... i want to know their real motive. i cant understand why they keep on pushing this stupid law to disarm responsible citezens.

I think it was a thread sometime in April that had an informal survey of who was the senator you would likely to vote.

isuzu
07-28-2007, 23:23
Originally posted by charlie-xray
+1 :thumbsup: think he's sour graping for not winning the Senate Presidency yet again.

He also sourgraped at GMA for not giving him the Vice-Presidency. He was one of the last senators who turned their backs on Erap. He probably got the message to abandon ship and switch sides during Erap's last days hoping to make something out of his political career with the present administration. He's been there for too long. Too long.

charlie-xray
07-28-2007, 23:53
Guess it's about time to set an age limit for lawmakers and govt employee, so that the younger generations could have a shot at doing their time rather than just wait for the solon or senator to die before you could go up the chain.

Age limit to enter higher office (correct me if I'm wrong) is 35yrs of age, so the limit should be 50yrs of age 15yrs in office is more than enough for you to do good for your constituents and well the usual money making ventures you'd be filthy rich by then.

And another important issue is if us gun owners are being ask for a phsych evaluation and drug test are these senators, congressman and etc being asked to do the same? or pinapalakad lang din nila hehe:banana: :banana: :banana:

jlkwison
07-30-2007, 10:43
I guess he is rallying for criminals to vote for him (Pimentel), next time around. :rofl:

CatsMeow
07-31-2007, 19:06
All those bodyguards at his disposal protecting his sorry ass and he won't allow us the means to defend ourselves outside our homes.

Sige, if I get killed because I had to leave my Glock at home, I will make sure he will never get a good night's sleep, ever.:supergrin:

Kaiser Soze
07-31-2007, 22:04
This is nothing new guys, he has repeatedly tried to push this before. He tried to get PTC's revoked, and then tried to make a law making firearms ownership limited to LEO's.

Why does he do this? Because gun owners are the minority in our populace, and he is trying to capture the larger part of the population - the people who are either blatantly anti-gun, or the ones who have yet to be educated about firearms/the ones who are undecided.

paltog2000
07-31-2007, 22:58
Sir I think it has something to do with his son Koko kasi magfifile sya ng election protest? :supergrin:

CatsMeow
08-01-2007, 00:42
As to the larger part of the population, you mean those who who don't know any better, who say "magnum 357", or "magnum 44" (never mind Super 38 since that's what Colt rollmarked the first .38 Supers AFAIK), or "snab nose", or "60 caliber machine gun", or "krak" a gun, or my favorite: ".9mm"?:supergrin:

Seriously, I think that fella's just hoplophobic. Di ba when you guys raised a howl after GMA revoked the PTCs, she backtracked? So we may be a minority, but hardly a minority of sheep.:hugs: