Calling AK47 experts in S. Florida- need some advice [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Calling AK47 experts in S. Florida- need some advice

JeepYJFL
07-27-2007, 15:12
Hey Guys,
Living here in S. Florida between Miami Beach and Hollywood and have been looking for an ak-47 for some time now. Ive been reading many articles, post and general information on various ak sites regarding yugos, romanian, polish, romy g kits, arsenal brand, etc.

I'm looking for a good, decent quality built AK that will fit a limited budget close to 400. I know many of you guys will laugh as its not 2004 anymore, and prices have changed, but I'm at that number as we speak. I know I can go out and find just something at a local shop or thru a FTF with someone who has one for sale. I am the type of person who likes doing research b4 buying, because I find with a little more effort in research, a person can make an educated decision that will be exponentially more beneficial than he who guesses what he is purchasing.

I know you guys have a wealth of knowledge in the area of AK's and would greatly appreciate it if you could lead me in the right direction in choosing an AK. Please feel free to post here or PM me and I will give you my cell number. If you have just a few minutes for a fellow glocktalk memeber to go over some important details, it would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks in advance guys.

hurricanezUM
07-27-2007, 15:27
I am in the same boat. I am in the market for one also, and my buying style is the same. Sorry, but havent got a chance to research them. .223 is just to epensive, so 762 has caught my eye. Best i can say is ar15.com and ak47.net

JeepYJFL
07-27-2007, 15:34
hey there

im sure many ppl are in the same boat. I have read many articles on ar15, ak47.net, the akfiles, etc...too much info and opinions of the masses. I am hoping someone here in S. Florida who truly is an expert (as my title requests) will be willing to help me find one, send me in the right direction, so that its Not a guessing game thru reading posts of many who own but dont have the expertise of knowledge.

Hoping someone would be willing to spare just a few minutes on the phone or email or if they know of someone selling and can help inspect the piece b4 buying...obviously Local people only...after all, we are in the Florida state forum and more specifically asking advice of those in S. Florida.

I know, I'd be more than happy to help anyone in their research on either A/C systems or comm'l real estate as I know those fields and could help in that area.

thanks again

LGCubana
07-28-2007, 07:11
You may have better luck on:
FloridaShootersNetWork.com

Court in FL.
07-28-2007, 10:13
Check out crowkiller's post in this thread.
http://glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=730501&perpage=25&pagenumber=2

Court in FL.

Court in FL.
07-28-2007, 10:32
Right now the 5.45X39 ammo is real cheep, from 125.00 to 150.00 per 1000 rounds.

Aim has the Century WASR-2 rifles for about 290.00.

Mags are cheep to.

Court in FL.

FFL in West Palm Beach.

sidewinder6
07-29-2007, 10:42
I dont qualify as an expert but I do as an owner. I recommend Lou's Police Supply in Hialeah. They have a good selection or can order you a decent AK if you are inclined. It depends on what you want to spend and exactly the type your interested in. Ask for Danny. Also, if the manager Steve is available, he can help you.

Your going to find many varied flavors of AK and the cheaper ones ($300 range) are Romanian. You can spend up to $1000-1100.

I ended up ordering a NIB Bulgarian (Vector Arms) through Lou's which has a better action than my Colt AR. It is a $600-700 weapon but ended up with a better price from Lou's.

If I can answer any other questions Id be happy to.

Good Luck..

JeepYJFL
07-29-2007, 19:10
Yeah,

they were the first ones I called. Ive bought a few glocks from them in the past. On the phone, they told me their store policy is ONLY to sell AKs to law enforcement. I inquired further and they had no explaination other than "Store Policy."

If you know otherwise, please PM me or email me to let me know

thanks again

sidewinder6
07-29-2007, 19:22
Well you might want to visit the store to see what they have and strike up a conversation.

I dont know that this is exactly true, amd I also dont know your background so I cant add to that. But,,, Im an X-LEO & current contractor so I didnt end up having this discussion. If you cant work with them, I am not sure who you could see in SE Fla. I have heard about some real guru's on the west coast of Florida. You might get a pointer on FSN as suggested. I myself dont know anyone locally with the credentials your seeking.

LGCubana
07-31-2007, 09:11
Originally posted by sidewinder6
I dont qualify as an expert but I do as an owner. I recommend Lou's Police Supply in Hialeah. They have a good selection or can order you a decent AK if you are inclined. It depends on what you want to spend and exactly the type your interested in. Ask for Danny. Also, if the manager Steve is available, he can help you.

Your going to find many varied flavors of AK and the cheaper ones ($300 range) are Romanian. You can spend up to $1000-1100.

I ended up ordering a NIB Bulgarian (Vector Arms) through Lou's which has a better action than my Colt AR. It is a $600-700 weapon but ended up with a better price from Lou's.

If I can answer any other questions Id be happy to.

Good Luck..

Coincidentally I asked Danny (@Lous) last week; why no AKs on the wall.

Answer: No longer carrying them.

I'm sure that they are still doing special orders.

sidewinder6
07-31-2007, 12:24
Wow. Something must have caused that to happen. I guess that about wraps this discussion. Maybe someone over at FSN has a better idea.

CTW
08-04-2007, 07:34
I currently own a Romanian and paid 289.00 for it. I know its not the best out there by far but so far put over 700 rounds through it various brands wolf,norinco,sellier&belot etc without a hiccup. Everyone I know says that the arsenal rifles are the best out there now if you can afford one,but I know it was not in your price range you posted on your thread. You might want to check out the Yugo M-70 being put out by Century Arms I have heard good things about them and reasonably priced 400.00-600.00. Hope I could be of some help good luck.