How Do You Send Email to TSRA? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : How Do You Send Email to TSRA?

dglockster
07-28-2007, 06:33
When I try to send an email to someone at the Texas State Rife Association (TSRA) from the TSRA website, I get a screen that says to sign into something called Passport. I don't have the slightest idea what that means.

It would be so much more simple, for example, if when I clicked on the word "email" after James Dark's name, an email screen addressed to james.dark@tsra.com popped up, but it doesn't.

Any advice will be appreciated.

P.S. james.dark@tsra.com is not a valid address. If it were, I wouldn't be stymied. :upeyes:

Bulldog
07-28-2007, 07:32
http://www.tsra.com/?p=page&id=64

TSRA Staff
James Dark Executive Director execdir@tsra.com
Alice Tripp Legislative Director legislative@tsra.com
Jan Jumper Executive Assistant admin@tsra.com
Diane Walker Membership Coordinator membership@tsra.com
Cathy Masella Merchandise Coordinator merchandise@tsra.com

TSRA Officers and Staff
Pat Muckelroy President rpatmuck@austin.rr.com
Dan Walker 1st Vice President dwalker@aeps.us
Don Strickland 2nd Vice President dstrick@juno.com
Robert Butler Treasurer butlerra@gvtc.com
John C. Poole II Secretary John.c.poole@dhs.gov

PS: If it's saying "Sign in to Passport," it's probably an issue on your end. Passport is used with Hotmail/MSN Mail and can sometimes be tied in to Microsoft Outlook Express. Try just opening whatever Email program you use and cutting/pasting the email address into the appropriate field.

dglockster
07-28-2007, 16:39
Thank you, Bulldog.
I appreciate the information.

The Passport problem, as you say, is probably at my end because I don't use (and have never activitated) Outlook, Outlook Express, or Hotmail. I use only gmail.

dglockster

Bulldog
07-28-2007, 22:40
Originally posted by dglockster
Thank you, Bulldog.
I appreciate the information.

The Passport problem, as you say, is probably at my end because I don't use (and have never activitated) Outlook, Outlook Express, or Hotmail. I use only gmail.

dglockster

No problemo. Yep, that's the problem, then. When you click a link to email someone, it automatically tries to open your computer's default email program. Unfortunately, since Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo, etc are all web-based, the linkys don't work for those of us who don't use the computer's program.

saspic
08-03-2007, 10:32
Can you just copy and paste one of the valid adresses into a new message in your email client?

edit: spelling

dglockster
08-03-2007, 21:34
Yes, I can. In fact, I just finished doing so.