what non-foodnetwork shows do you watch? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : what non-foodnetwork shows do you watch?

97guns
07-28-2007, 10:51
im really into hells kitchen and top chef and just recently started watching ramseys kitchen nightmares on the bbc. take home chef and the naked chef arn't too bad either and then there is yan can cook. i used to watch iron chef on the japanese channel before it came on the food network.

XD40FAN
07-28-2007, 13:19
I'm a confirmed Top Chef addict. :supergrin:

groundhawg
07-28-2007, 23:36
try out the americas test kitchen, cooking with julia, barbecue university and ming tsais' shows on PBS.

JohniusMaximus
07-29-2007, 02:02
I used to love Justin Wilson's show on PBS. Haven't seen it in a few years.

Great Chefs of the World on the Discovery channel was fairly entertaining too.

Blitzer
07-29-2007, 02:35
Originally posted by JohniusMaximus
I used to love Justin Wilson's show on PBS. Haven't seen it in a few years.

Great Chefs of the World on the Discovery channel was fairly entertaining too.

Take Home Chef, Top Chef, Ming Si, How things are made...

97guns
07-29-2007, 10:41
oh yeah rick bayless mexican one plate or something like that is a good one too, i like the ones where they actually go to the different countries and show the places to eat.

woodstove
07-29-2007, 20:01
Anthony Bourdain No reservations, not because he will eat anything, but because of his reverence for all food well prepared.

97guns
07-30-2007, 04:44
Originally posted by woodstove
Anthony Bourdain No reservations, not because he will eat anything, but because of his reverence for all food well prepared.

yep i like that one too along with bizar foods

BrassInPocket
07-30-2007, 11:58
Originally posted by Blitzer
Take Home Chef
Ugh! That guy bugs the heck out of me! He's so cheesy!!

I like the bald guy, that travels to different countries, and will eat all kinds of crazy stuff. I have no idea what the show is called or what channel I watch it on. :headscratch: I'm a dork like that.

Mild Bill
07-30-2007, 15:58
A must see 'cooking master class' every week, not on FoodTV is Lidia's Italy----
or Lidia's whatever...
She does shows based on her books and the show will have that name...
Hear me now! You don't miss Lidia...
PBS channel 16 here in Tampa...
I'm a Rick Bayless fan too and have a few of his books...
I have all 4 of Lidia's...

Other than that, I don't miss America's Test Kitchen--- which is by the folks from Cooks Illustrated Magazine...
I've been a consistent subscriber since the mid or late 90's...
If you're a cook, you subscribe to Cook's Illustrated---trust me...

On The Food Network everything else is either entertainment (not complaining), intolerable (Emeril---Paula Dean--- Andrew Zimmern),
toooo sexually powerful (Giada-- Sandra Lee), or a waste of time (Ray, Flay)...

I like Iron Chef America usually too, and stick that mostly in the entertainment category...
Tony Bourdain is always set to record but it's more adventure than food...

:thumbsup:

Remander
08-09-2007, 23:11
I watch many of those posted above. Love Bourdain and America's Test Kitchen and Top Chef.

Special shout out to Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares on the BBC America. He goes in failing restaurants and tells them (and often curses them out) how to turn things around.

The American version is beginning this fall.

Master Chef on BBC America ended a while back. It was very good. Like Top Chef, but w/o the gimmickry of cooking for kids and making vending machine meals, etc. Real classy cooking.

97guns
08-10-2007, 15:05
Originally posted by Remander

Special shout out to Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares on the BBC America. He goes in failing restaurants and tells them (and often curses them out) how to turn things around.

The American version is beginning this fall.

yes but i dont think its really offensive to talk this way to the brits, ive seen ramsey cuss out some 70 year old folks and they took it like he said have a nice day. they probably cuss each other out every night at family dinner tables across the country.

Remander
08-10-2007, 21:55
That's just the Brit nature. Like the bicyclist in European Vacation. Run over him with a car and he says, "Terribly sorry about that."

Anywhoo. The Ramsay kitchen shows are very good.

Ever go in a restaurant and think you could give them some major tips to improve things? He does it, in no uncertain terms.

CaliTheKid
08-14-2007, 01:26
Originally posted by woodstove

X2-- always hungry afterwards.