Gun ban for Baranggay Elections? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Gun ban for Baranggay Elections?


Poodle
07-29-2007, 21:42
Me gun ban ba for the Baranggay Elections?

vega
07-29-2007, 22:04
'Di ba basta election mayroon?

Poodle
07-29-2007, 22:11
Ok pa kaya yung exemption para sa nakaraang election?

3kings
07-30-2007, 03:38
i think there is but not that long. parang a month lang yata

neil
08-10-2007, 18:37
Gun ban period will be from September 29, 2007 to November 13, 2007

bmag
08-14-2007, 06:19
Can anybody confirm..... na tatatakan daw ang previous exemption for validity for the barangay elections?

Mr Magnum
08-20-2007, 05:02
[Gun ban period will be from September 29, 2007 to November 13, 2007]

way too long!!!!!!!!!

gun bans are for the criminals, not for the responsible gun owners!

CatsMeow
08-29-2007, 02:23
May I ask if tuloy ba talaga ang Barangay Elections? I broached that subject last Monday at our range and I was told it's postponed. I'm in the dark here. Perhaps you all who are in a position to know would care to enlighten me.

Thanks!:)

bertud ng putik
08-29-2007, 05:12
Originally posted by CatsMeow
May I ask if tuloy ba talaga ang Barangay Elections? I broached that subject last Monday at our range and I was told it's postponed. I'm in the dark here. Perhaps you all who are in a position to know would care to enlighten me.

Thanks!:)

sana nga....

boni
08-29-2007, 08:49
Originally posted by bmag
Can anybody confirm..... na tatatakan daw ang previous exemption for validity for the barangay elections?

asa ka pa sir heheh joke btw i dont think so sir. and i think tuloy kasi na promulgate na may election tlaga eh at some people are already making actions to get gun ban exemptions. at dapat for me ituloy na kasi eventually magkakaroon din eh so lets have it now gun ban and all than have it for next year para till 2010 na walang disruption for us d ba?

chowchow
08-29-2007, 11:48
Ingat lang mga pare ko. Ang mga kriminals ay heydays na magnanakaw naman.

CatsMeow
09-05-2007, 01:07
I heard it again, this time at a Rotary meeting today, that the barangay elections will be postponed. Also, there appears to be a bill for the postponing of the same. So, ano ba talaga? Perhaps you BoGs in the NCR are in a better position to know.

Actually, I couldn't care less about barangay elections, it's the gun ban that comes with it that I'm concerned about.:steamed:

Wp.22
09-05-2007, 02:34
http://comelec.wordpress.com/2007/09/04/no-postponement-yet-says-comelec/

The Commission on Elections said today that despite the Committee level approval of the Lower House to postpone the holding of the Barangay and Sangguniang Kabataan (SK) elections scheduled in October 29, 2007, “the polls are still a go as far as the COMELEC is concerned.”

COMELEC Spokesman James Arthur Jimenez said that even as the House Committee on Suffrage and Electoral Reforms has already approved a consolidated bill that seeks to reset the polls to 2009, “the bill still has a long way to go until it becomes final and executory.”

He said the proposed bill before it becomes a law, has to be approved in the Senate and then submitted to the President for final approval.

“Pending the approval of an amendatory law, the Commission on Elections’ sights is still trained on holding the polls in October as mandated by law” Jimenez stressed. ###

CatsMeow
09-05-2007, 19:32
Originally posted by Wp.22
http://comelec.wordpress.com/2007/09/04/no-postponement-yet-says-comelec/

The Commission on Elections said today that despite the Committee level approval of the Lower House to postpone the holding of the Barangay and Sangguniang Kabataan (SK) elections scheduled in October 29, 2007, “the polls are still a go as far as the COMELEC is concerned.”

COMELEC Spokesman James Arthur Jimenez said that even as the House Committee on Suffrage and Electoral Reforms has already approved a consolidated bill that seeks to reset the polls to 2009, “the bill still has a long way to go until it becomes final and executory.”

He said the proposed bill before it becomes a law, has to be approved in the Senate and then submitted to the President for final approval.

“Pending the approval of an amendatory law, the Commission on Elections’ sights is still trained on holding the polls in October as mandated by law” Jimenez stressed. ###

Oh ok, thanks.:) So unless Congress and GMA will do "The Hustle!" (my favorite 70s song):supergrin: we'll have elections, and a gun ban...:sad: Dry fire muna...

pogi
09-05-2007, 20:03
Re: postponement of barangay elections...the resolution had already passed second reading. Normally, in cases like these, the 3rd and final reading is "ALMOST A 100% GO!".

Then off to Senate. Puede nila madaliin yan para on or before Oct. 12th or latest 13th...napirmahan na yan ni PGMA.

Pag napirmahan na...HUAK NA DRY FIRE sa bahay! TARA-LETS NA SA RANGE!

For 2 bottles of beer and 3 sticks of pork BBQ, I will bet that this will be the scenario. Any taker? hehehe.

Truly, I, for one, is in favor of "SAKA NA LANG or HUWAG NA KAYA!!!"

Wp.22
09-05-2007, 23:30
Originally posted by pogi
Re: postponement of barangay elections...the resolution had already passed second reading. Normally, in cases like these, the 3rd and final reading is "ALMOST A 100% GO!".

Then off to Senate. Puede nila madaliin yan para on or before Oct. 12th or latest 13th...napirmahan na yan ni PGMA.

Pag napirmahan na...HUAK NA DRY FIRE sa bahay! TARA-LETS NA SA RANGE!

For 2 bottles of beer and 3 sticks of pork BBQ, I will bet that this will be the scenario. Any taker? hehehe.

Truly, I, for one, is in favor of "SAKA NA LANG or HUWAG NA KAYA!!!"

I agree with Pogi on this. 100% postpone ang election pero kung hindi siya singilin nyo sa beer and bbq.

jimbullet
09-06-2007, 00:01
This is good news for us gun lovers...Undoubtedly if it has passed 2nd reading, good chance it will be postponed.

batangueno
09-06-2007, 09:10
Originally posted by pogi
Re: postponement of barangay elections...the resolution had already passed second reading. Normally, in cases like these, the 3rd and final reading is "ALMOST A 100% GO!".

Then off to Senate. Puede nila madaliin yan para on or before Oct. 12th or latest 13th...napirmahan na yan ni PGMA.

Pag napirmahan na...HUAK NA DRY FIRE sa bahay! TARA-LETS NA SA RANGE!

For 2 bottles of beer and 3 sticks of pork BBQ, I will bet that this will be the scenario. Any taker? hehehe.

Truly, I, for one, is in favor of "SAKA NA LANG or HUWAG NA KAYA!!!"
Mag dilang anghel ka sana.:supergrin: