Carolinas get together [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Carolinas get together

USMCSKI
07-30-2007, 11:27
I am working on having a meet/shoot/eat/swap type get together for shooters in the carolinas. Is there any interest in something like this? I have to go talk to a new someone about using the land for this event so no date is set in stone as of yet. I just wanted to get a basic idea of how many would be interested.
More info coming soon so keep check on this post if you are interested!!!!

also whats everyones opinions if there is a small entrance fee? we may have to pay to use the land.

graveman
07-30-2007, 12:38
I could go for that so long it's close and on the weekend ..... and a "small" entrance fee would be more than justified ....

MCKNBRD
07-30-2007, 13:21
Originally posted by graveman
I could go for that so long it's close and on the weekend ..... and a "small" entrance fee would be more than justified ....
^
Agreed. I need to burn some powder.

Byrdman

SR_
08-01-2007, 19:07
Can you give us an idea of where the event might take place? If it's within an hour of Raleigh, I'd be interested.

KOGLOBAL
08-02-2007, 05:13
I'm in too, any working location at this point in mind?

USMCSKI
08-02-2007, 16:10
Statesville....or about 8 miles north of where I77 and i40 cross

capnjim01
08-02-2007, 16:22
sounds good to me. maybe everyone bring something to eat like at tailgate party.

spober
08-05-2007, 15:02
the carolina;s? where that? youd have a better turn out if you limited it to either NC or SC .There is no bond,rivalry,no nutting between NC and SC. PERIOD!:banana:

USMC Ryfleman
08-06-2007, 16:56
Im in!

Zulu Alpha
08-07-2007, 19:40
Sounds close... will probably be able to make it as long as the work sked is OK:)

Honorabledog
08-21-2007, 05:38
Sounds great, just the type of thing I'd travel all the way to Statesville for:supergrin: . Just give a quick heads up so I can maybe take time off from the nightly grind. We have this type of thing scheduled in Sept at my Gun club. Ya'll want to put together a 5 or six stage competition or something:upeyes:. I have some simple ideas from some recent combat shoots. I have been thinking about this type of thing out at our ranges for some time so let me know if i can help.:thumbsup:

MCKNBRD
08-21-2007, 07:09
Some type of competition thing would be OK, but I'd rather just show up with some guns and ammo and burn some powder. If we 'over-organize' it, it will be a pain.

I say we show up, be willing to let folks shoot what we have, look forward to shooting whatever is offered, and do a cookout.

If some informal shoot-offs are set up that day, that would be fine, but I don't wanna have to sit in a queue all day waiting for my round or whatever.

I'd rather do the 3 S's...shoot, shovel (food in my mouth) and showoff!

Byrdman

graveman
08-21-2007, 11:58
:agree:

All the so-called competition stuff and the general "good ol'boy with a 1911" that usually accompanies such events make A LOT of folks stay away.

I'd keep it simple and fun. Statesville is a little ways from here but I wouldn't mind the drive.

bayerta
08-21-2007, 16:14
Am I to late?

I am up for it although it is a drive. Do we have to bring a Glock? Mine is back home in Dallas (NC).

blipmode
08-21-2007, 19:47
Originally posted by bayerta
Am I to late?

I am up for it although it is a drive. Do we have to bring a Glock?

Probably not ;)
If I can time it right, I'll bring my In Law.
Nice location.

Honorabledog
08-22-2007, 02:26
:couch: Sorry guy's. I thought it was an all Glock event without the good ol' boy 1911 shooter showing up. I wasn't thinking of Die hard combat tactical, just some ways to compare our glocks with the many different set-ups we all may have. I guess just a little more creative than shooting standard circles or what not. No matter what I'm still interested in coming to the event:thumbsup:

kma1005
08-22-2007, 09:39
I'd go, maybe some folks can take some time to educate me on proper rifle/shotgun shooting, never been taught really, bought a Bushmaster AR-15 cause I wanted it and I've shot it several times at Davi's (UGH!) they had the damn lights off or something so I couldn't shot very well, and the damn thing kept sticking and the guy acted like it was my fault. Ok anyway, I think it would be really cool, I don't have anything special, just a G17 and my AR-15 which I'm sure everyone has/has shot, I think I'd feel like more of a moocher, I'd be shooting everyone else's guns. But anyway, definitely up for it, let me know.

Try and make it after the 31st(payday), I need some money for ammo/gas/food.