Need a little help with my Walther P99 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Need a little help with my Walther P99

Lwolfnky
07-30-2007, 15:33
Before you go any futher, I KNOW THAT THIS IS A GLOCK FORUM. There, I said it and by the way I own 4 Glocks as well. But here is my situation:

In October 2003 I had my Walther P99 stolen out of my Jeep here in Frankfort. I reported it stolen and the FCSD came and took a report and put the info in the NCIC. I used to carry it in a fanny pack to make it easy for me to transport it to and from work in my vehicle. Like I said, I drive a Jeep sooo...... You get where I'm going??? Anyway, the fanny pack and all was taken from my Jeep. Now, I get a call last week that it has been found. Here is the best part, it was found 15 feet from where I reported it stolen. My only assumption is that some kid grabbed it from my jeep thinking they were going to find someones wallet with some cash and instead saw a gun and a badge (BTW did I leave that part out?? I have a CCDW badge that I got at a gun show years ago as well) and thought "COP!!!" and tossed the bag.

Anyways, I have contacted Wather America and they said to send it in to them and they would LOOK at it. As you can imagine, there is some slight rusting in some places. Does anyone have any detailed pictures of how to break one down?? I am not talking about field stripping, I am talking actual detail stripping of this type of firearm. I have field stripped it and it works (not tried to fire it and not going to for awhile) but everything seems to still work. I plan to take some pictures and post them ASAP.

Any help would be great!!

Thanks again,

Brian

domzilla9
07-30-2007, 20:17
:popcorn:

Houngan
07-31-2007, 05:54
You should ask over here: http://glocktalk.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=149

H.

Berretta9
07-31-2007, 06:46
A CCDW badge ???????????????? You have got to be kidding ??

Lwolfnky
07-31-2007, 08:32
Nope. Not kidding. I got that at a Gun Show SEVERAL years ago. Novelty item. But hey, I like to beleive that it is the reason this gun was not used by someone in a crime because they feared the badge meant "COP". Of course, if they took the time to read it, it said "CONCEALED WEAPONS PERMIT" and then it stated my permit number.

Of course, who ever said that criminals were smart. Nevertheless, I do have one.

domzilla9
07-31-2007, 08:57
:mallninja:

Mwildt
08-01-2007, 20:53
Originally posted by Berretta9
A CCDW badge ???????????????? You have got to be kidding ??

You forgot to call him out on the fanny pack. :supergrin:

Hope it cleans up for you. By the way are you originaly from Frankfort?

45gunner
08-02-2007, 04:50
Originally posted by domzilla9
:mallninja:

:laughabove:

Berretta9
08-02-2007, 06:50
Originally posted by Mwildt
You forgot to call him out on the fanny pack. :supergrin:

Hope it cleans up for you. By the way are you originaly from Frankfort?

Fanny Pack ???? You have got to be kidding !! Really I can't bust on him for that, I own a few myself. He didn't say he was wearing it . The badge is pretty funny though. Next time you get pulled over, show the cop that, he'll laugh so hard he might let ya go.

Lwolfnky
08-06-2007, 14:13
I don't carry the badge. For some reason it was in there.

Yes, I am from Frankfort. Born and reared.

Mwildt
08-07-2007, 16:35
Originally posted by Lwolfnky
I don't carry the badge. For some reason it was in there.

Yes, I am from Frankfort. Born and reared.

Same here. Been in Lexington since school and am now working. Didn't know there was anybody else from Frankfort on the board.

:wavey:

Lwolfnky
08-15-2007, 14:15
OK!! Get ready for it.

I got this phone call last Thursday from Paul Gazda at Smith & Wesson (AKA Walther America). He stated that he had my pistol in his hands and that he had performed the replacement of all of my internals and pins. He stated that the trigger bar is just a bit longer than the original factory one I had and that some "Breaking In" would need to accomplished on this gun. He stated that there is no re-finishing offered for Walther firearms so the slight surface rust that was on the slide cannot be fixed. He also stated that he was going to test fire the gun first thing Friday morning and then send it over to shipping to have it sent back.

Now my questions started. How bad was it? HOW MUCH WILL IT COST?? ...........wait for it...................

He said that there was NO CHARGE! He stated that he read my letter and happended to have some parts right there and decided that this was going to be a project for him. WOW!!!!

SO.......... Needless to say, the gun arrived yesterday and it is in awesome shape. He did clean a couple of places off on the slide with what looks like very mild sandpaper but the finish still looks good. All pins were replaced and the trigger feels fine. I will have to do some shooting to break it in as he said, but other than that, great testament to a great product and awesome staff and customer service.

I will be writing a letter to S&W thanking them for the great job and also personally thanking Mr. Gazda for his work.

Thanks for taking the time to read my posts. Have a great day at the Range!!