Much Left To Be Decided [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Much Left To Be Decided

Eric
07-30-2007, 18:43
Hi folks. Due to financial reasons, we are pushing this forward before we have all of our ducks in a row. There are still a lot of structural and procedural decisions to be made.

For instance, a lot of people expressed an interest in a monthly subscription option. I am not sure if that would be workable, at least up front, but maybe a quarterly option would help. It is one of the many things that need to be ironed out.

There will be ton of other such decisions that will need to be addressed. I will post about them here and solicit people's opinions on them. If you see something that you think I have not yet covered and might be missing, please post about it here. Keep in mind that there isn't much info posted on the system yet and things will be very fluid for the next month or so. I will be posting a lot more info shortly. Eric

Chad Landry
07-30-2007, 18:50
I tried to purchase a Platinum, but when I go to checkout, I get a 404 error.

zoyter2
07-30-2007, 18:51
Me too....just started a thread right above!!!!

Eric
07-30-2007, 18:56
I think I fixed it. Could you try again? Thanks. Eric

Chad Landry
07-30-2007, 20:32
Done. Paid via PayPal.

Thanks for the site, Eric. I hope my membership helps.

MB-G26
07-31-2007, 04:01
For instance, a lot of people expressed an interest in a monthly subscription option. I am not sure if that would be workable, at least up front, but maybe a quarterly option would help. It is one of the many things that need to be ironed out.

Indeed, it very much would for me, at least. Although, I can invision a bookkeeping nightmare for you, Eric, especially if a monthly sub option were to be available.

(I just got back from Flag - and dialup. So, I have lots of new-development threads to catch up on. ) I've not yet read how/if partial-amounts paid now being applied to the full price of various membership levels - maybe that's been addressed in a thread I've not yet read.
m

Vic303
08-06-2007, 08:33
Eric I understand you've been out of town recently so you probably have not seen Dave's thread on Family Memberships. But since his thread has turned into an OAFest, I thought I would bring the topic up here.

Have you considered a Family Membership option? Our budget does not have room for two separate paid memberships, and we are both avid posters here on GT. We would like to see a 'Family" option where for couples, you could get two paid memberships at a reduced price.

I'll leave the details up to you.
--Vic

LV 702
08-07-2007, 19:26
Originally posted by Vic303
But since his thread has turned into an OAFest, I thought I would bring the topic up here. :panties:

Warp
08-07-2007, 20:01
Originally posted by LV 702
:panties:

Seems like a reasonable question being asked in this thread for a good reason to me. :headscratch:

Edit: Are we allowed to run ads in our sig lines?

dave5339
08-08-2007, 04:50

PM sent regarding behavior...

Semper Fi

Singlemalt
08-08-2007, 06:00

It's a legit question, get over it.

LV 702
08-08-2007, 09:08
I have no problem with the question, my issuse is the comment about the OAF.

Warp
08-08-2007, 09:18
I have no problem with the question, my issuse is the comment about the OAF. :panties:

I am sure Vic was only mentioning that as an explanation behind why they had to re-ask the question.

LV 702
08-08-2007, 09:23
Originally posted by Warp

I am sure Vic was only mentioning that as an explanation behind why they had to re-ask the question. Either way it was completely unnecessary.

Singlemalt
08-08-2007, 09:26
Either way it was completely unnecessary.

Read the thread, it was completely hijacked with OAFness. The comment was true.

Honkie
08-08-2007, 09:42
Originally posted by Singlemalt
Read the thread, it was completely hijacked with OAFness. The comment was true.

Whats

Honkie
08-08-2007, 09:43
the

Honkie
08-08-2007, 09:43
point?

Honkie
08-08-2007, 09:45
Originally posted by Eric
Hi folks. Due to financial reasons, we are pushing this forward before we have all of our ducks in a row. There are still a lot of structural and procedural decisions to be made.

There will be ton of other such decisions that will need to be addressed. I will post about them here and solicit people's opinions on them. If you see something that you think I have not yet covered and might be missing, please post about it here. Keep in mind that there isn't much info posted on the system yet and things will be very fluid for the next month or so. I will be posting a lot more info shortly. Eric

Warp
08-08-2007, 09:48
If you see something that you think I have not yet covered and might be missing, please post about it here

Exactly what Vic/Dave did...

Singlemalt
08-08-2007, 09:51
Originally posted by Honkie
Easy dood............you seem a little tense.....

Not so, not even close. You guys have a dedicated forum for the "fluff".

Honkie
08-08-2007, 10:04
[B You guys have a dedicated forum for the "fluff". [/B]

come and sit a spell........you might find some new friends....

LV 702
08-08-2007, 10:09
Read the thread, it was completely hijacked with OAFness. The comment was true. The thread was not hijacked. Eric would have responded to it anyway.

Critias
08-09-2007, 00:18
And so, naturally, bickering about it in this new thread (and doing the same thing, derailing a thread previously dedicated seriously towards answering/asking questions about paid memberships) is the way to rebuild bridges and keep everyone friendly towards one another.

C'mon, folks. Grow up just a little bit, huh?

Mrs. VR
08-09-2007, 14:58
Listen, folks. The original question was posted in it's own thread the DAY Eric had his heart attack. Let's all just take a step back and put things in perspective. As I said in that thread, it's a valid question, and one Im positive Eric is going to get to as soon as he can. He *WILL* see that thread, the title alone is enough to get his attention, and believe me, the topic interests me as much as it does anyone else, so if he somehow misses it, I'll be sure to point it out to him. Let's not give him more to stress about, ok?