Management Style? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Management Style?

BigChuck73
07-30-2007, 20:53
How will the management style of the site change with a paid membership? Will moderators still close threads and ban people at their whim and will, or will consideration be made to those who've paid to be here?

Will your own mentality change now that you're providing a service? You know the customers always right, etc?

I'm fine with paying to be here, lord knows I get enough enjoyment. I have however seen a number of threads closed, a few people banned, and you yourself expressing a "My Way or the Highway" mentality.

In short, how do you foresee the overall management style after the tier system is launched?

Eric
07-30-2007, 20:59
Originally posted by BigChuck73
How will the management style of the site change with a paid membership? Will moderators still close threads and ban people at their whim and will, or will consideration be made to those who've paid to be here?

Will your own mentality change now that you're providing a service? You know the customers always right, etc?

I'm fine with paying to be here, lord knows I get enough enjoyment. I have however seen a number of threads closed, a few people banned, and you yourself expressing a "My Way or the Highway" mentality.

In short, how do you foresee the overall management style after the tier system is launched?

Buddy, I have been providing a service for a decade. My mods and admins volunteer to help out here and I think they do a pretty damned good job.

Will someone who pays get shown more leeway when they act up? No. They will not. The same behavior will be expected of everyone. Paid membership is not going to be a get-out-of-jail-free card.At any rate, it has been my experience that the people who step up to support the site are seldom the ones starting the trouble.

I will add some new functionality and structure to the warning and banning system, but tis is not being done in response to the paid tier. It is just something that neds doing. For the record, I am the only one who can ban people and I don't do it on a whim. Eric

KYMike
07-30-2007, 20:59
I don't think a change needs to be made. We do see some uneven enforcement...but you have subjective individuals doing the enforcing (and more than one, each with their own interpretations).

I DO think, though, that a disclaimer should be made at purchase that the buyer agrees they can still be banned, there will NOT be a refund, and you must still follow the rules.

You can't just buy a pass to participate in anarchy!!

Eric
07-30-2007, 21:05
Originally posted by KYMike
I don't think a change needs to be made. We do see some uneven enforcement...but you have subjective individuals doing the enforcing (and more than one, each with their own interpretations).

I DO think, though, that a disclaimer should be made at purchase that the buyer agrees they can still be banned, there will NOT be a refund, and you must still follow the rules.

You can't just buy a pass to participate in anarchy!!

There will be such a disclaimer, just as there is on every other site I have researched that offers a paid tier like this. I hate legaleze, but many points like this will need to be covered. Eric

HerrGlock
07-31-2007, 04:40
If you pay a membership at a gym, a community pool or pay the cover at a night club, you're still subject to ejection for the day and/or banishment.

It's still Eric's house, Eric's rules.

BigChuck73
07-31-2007, 05:06
Originally posted by HerrGlock

I submit if this is a paid tier system, something I've never personally seen on a message board, then Eric should be beholden to his customer base.

While it may be true for other companies, would you actually visit a store or business who plainly said, "It's our store, our rules?". I bet you wouldn't.

HerrGlock
07-31-2007, 05:11
I submit if this is a paid tier system, something I've never personally seen on a message board, then Eric should be beholden to his customer base.

While it may be true for other companies, would you actually visit a store or business who plainly said, "It's our store, our rules?". I bet you wouldn't.

I do every time I walk into the gun store, wal-mart, the Sonoco down the street, and Piggly Wiggly grocery store. You do as well.

If you've never seen a paid tier system, then you have not looked hard. Look some more.

Critias
07-31-2007, 05:17

Then stop showing up, or don't pay for a membership (since you don't have to pay to come here).

Those of us who aren't worried about getting banned, and who aren't interested in trying to wave a credit card receipt in the face of a mod when we step out of line, will support GlockTalk just fine without your help.

HerrGlock
07-31-2007, 05:21
Originally posted by Critias
Then stop showing up, or don't pay for a membership (since you don't have to pay to come here).

Those of us who aren't worried about getting banned, and who aren't interested in trying to wave a credit card receipt in the face of a mod when we step out of line, will support GlockTalk just fine without your help.

That too :supergrin:

BigChuck73
07-31-2007, 05:24
I do every time I walk into the gun store, wal-mart, the Sonoco down the street, and Piggly Wiggly grocery store. You do as well.

If you've never seen a paid tier system, then you have not looked hard. Look some more.

Not trying to start trouble, but you're 100% incorrect.

Companies have policies in place that we can take or leave, but to have a company publicly say it's there way or the highway has never happened. If so, please point me to a source.

BigChuck73
07-31-2007, 05:27
Originally posted by Critias

I'm absolutely not worried about getting banned. Nor am I suggesting a get out of jail free card. I'm suggesting do a search for Eric's posts and you'll see numerous times he's said in short, "If you don't like it leave".

That's a horrible business slogan and I'm interested in how it will change once people start paying to be here.

However, I'm starting to get the sense it's not going to change. No problem, I'll still lurk.

HerrGlock
07-31-2007, 05:37
Not trying to start trouble, but you're 100% incorrect.

Companies have policies in place that we can take or leave, but to have a company publicly say it's there way or the highway has never happened. If so, please point me to a source.

So, what you're saying is no one has ever been thrown out of a nightclub that they paid to get into?

No one has ever had their Gold's Gym membership canceled for breaking house rules?

No one has had their Sam's Club membership taken away?

No lawyer has ever been disbarred for violating terms of service?

No life member of the National Eagle Scout Association has ever had the membership revoked?

Wow.

HerrGlock
07-31-2007, 05:38
Eh, I'm done with this. Enjoy your stay.

MB-G26
07-31-2007, 05:52
Originally posted by Eric
There will be such a disclaimer, just as there is on every other site I have researched that offers a paid tier like this. I hate legaleze, but many points like this will need to be covered. Eric

<---- Volunteers to help with the legaleze/beagleze :thumbsup:

vote Republican
07-31-2007, 07:25
ar15.com has a paid membership option. There's a nice big one for you.

Read the back of your movie theater ticket sometime, something along the lines of if you misbehave we can kick your butt out and you don't get a refund. Try it sometime, see if they don't.

Look at the TOS - they're really not that hard to follow.

Mrs. VR
07-31-2007, 08:04
Not to mention, the TOS is what makes GT as pleasant a place to be as it is. If paid members were allowed to violate the TOS based on "the customer is always right", it would cease to be a nice place to visit. Then NO ONE would want to pay for a membership. I'm sorry that you think that things are unevenly enforced, the fact remains that we're all volunteer, and the sheer volume of threads disallows us from reading every single post. If you see something you think needs attention, please feel free to "report to moderator".

Eric
07-31-2007, 08:20
BigChuck73, it is pretty obvious, from your comments in this thread, that you have a chip on your shoulder concerning the way me and my mods run this site. It apparently doesn't bother you enough to keep you from making use of the services we provide freely, but if you think that buying a membership gives you the right to dictate terms to me or be treated differently, please keep your money in your pocket. You will only create problems for both of us.

Your assertion that no companies have a 'my way or the highway' policy as you put it, that no company charges people to enter their establishment with conditions for their continued presence there is patently ridiculous. It happens every day, all over the place. I built this place, I run it I fix it when it is broken and I deal with its problems. I think that qualifies me to be the one that sets the minimum standards of conduct. I think the rules I have set are simple, easy to understand and easy to follow. You are under no obligation to join the paid tier or to even hang out here. If you do though, I DO have a right to establish and enforce rules of conduct here. Eric

mitchshrader
07-31-2007, 08:48
idiot to nice folks ratios of any site on the net.

i do my part to prevent perfection and am tolerated, so far, to my great amazement.

anybody puts up with *me* has no fear of being called intolerant.

i've watched the site become overloaded by popularity and pestered by Gunkid, annoyed by religious and political zealots of various stripes, heard 900 repetitions of 9mm vs .45 ACP caliber wars, and it's still one of the most open and friendly places to meet decent people i've met. Beats heck out of the average VFW hall..

DARN GOOD JOB, ERIC!

I'll (finally) be supporting this site with a contribution.

I'm poor, don't support very MANY causes, and could use the money myself.. it's not cause I approve of glocks I'm joining up..

credit where due. Ya earned it. Thank You.

tonyc
07-31-2007, 09:16
I don't know Eric, you try to do good and still get kicked in the nuts.

I hope all goes good with this. I think it is a very good idea.:thumbsup:

mike253
07-31-2007, 10:34
BigChuck seems to have concerns based on previous experiences. While I can understand, it most certainly does not apply to GlockTalk.

Do I agree with every ass chewing I've gotten from the mods? Nope.. Do I understand why the mods have to hand out ass chewings? Yes, if they didn't, this would not be a forum I'd want to participate in.

GT is chock full of incredibly opinionated folks, sometimes we bark at each other, sometimes we step out of line. Alot of us (myself very much included) don't know how to back down when we think we're right. It's the job of the mods to make sure this place stays clean and "friendly". I've never seen them ban anyone for anything "silly", and I've never seen them take action "just because they could". If you do something in violation of the TOS, they let you know.

I gladly paid for a membership as soon as I found out they were available, I fully expect that I'll do something stupid down the line, and I fully expect to get chewed out for it. When that happens, I'll take my lumps, and I sure as heck won't tell them "I'm a member, you can't talk to me like that!"

My reason for paying was simple. I appreciate the information I've gotten from here, I've had countless hours of entertainment reading the various threads, and I've made a few gun purchases here that saved me hundreds of dollars. If my few dollars helps to keep this place strong and vital (If Eric can afford to keep this place running well, it'll draw new members and keep the good ones around, therefore I get more good information and more possible buys from the classified sections) then I'm happy.

Pinki
07-31-2007, 16:55
People are different...moderators are different (as mentioned above). I've moderated on 3 (and currently still do on one) non-gun sites, and I can honestly say I have NEVER locked a thread. To expect everyone to interpret things the same way is a very high and unrealistic expectation. That doesn't mean that this site or any other practices deliberate "uneven" moderation/administration.

RonS
07-31-2007, 18:47
What store do you go to that does not have rules? Some are subtle about it, but I can't think of a business that would not "ask you to take your business elsewhere" or play the "we reserve the right to refuse service" card if you:

Were consistently threatening, rude and insulting to their other customers.

Tried to cheat the store or another customer.

Mooned passersby from the store's front window.

Deliberately damaged the facility.

Critias
08-01-2007, 00:15
I'm absolutely not worried about getting banned. Nor am I suggesting a get out of jail free card. I'm suggesting do a search for Eric's posts and you'll see numerous times he's said in short, "If you don't like it leave".

That's a horrible business slogan and I'm interested in how it will change once people start paying to be here.

However, I'm starting to get the sense it's not going to change. No problem, I'll still lurk.
No one's paying to be here. Eric's not charging at the door. There's no auto-deduct from your credit card just to log on. We're not paying a dime a post, a quarter a PM, or a dollar an avatar. People can still come to GT and read all they want, post all they want, reply all they want -- everything you can do right now, you'll still be able to do for free.

The membership tiers aren't mandatory, so none of us are really "customers," and calling GT a "business" is a little incorrect, I think. It's a clubhouse. A meeting hall. A convention center. And some people are willing to pay a little extra to get access to a few new rooms. That's it.

"The customer is always right" is a BS idea anyways. "Follow the TOS agreement" has a nice ring to it, I think.

itisbruno
08-01-2007, 19:14
a PAID tier ... under THIS management .... I donno ...

That Eric guy just got a funny lookin' hound, the mod who claims to be Mrs. VR continually crashes the server (WHO in their right mod would clam to be associated with the VR guy anyway??)... that Eddie guy always closes the good threads, and freepatriot needs a shave ... and you want me to PAY for this stuff?

(I jest)

I've got more than I've given here, and although I don't post much given my other family responsibilities, I'm all for it, even with the cheezy crowd runnin the site.

Heck, I'll buy a membership just hoping I got a higher level than HerrGlock so I can make fun of him :tongueout:

If it wasn't for the management, I would not have a place to type these words now ... Thanks for the great place, and when I get to a "safe" PC @ home, I'll buy a cheeseburger today if I can have it next Tuesday.

Thanks

HerrGlock
08-01-2007, 19:17
Originally posted by itisbruno
Heck, I'll buy a membership just hoping I got a higher level than HerrGlock so I can make fun of him :tongueout:

You'll have to pay dear to beat my brass membership! :supergrin:

vote Republican
08-01-2007, 20:28
You'll have to pay dear to beat my brass membership! :supergrin:

Why are you calling him "dear"? :shocked:

:animlol:

GlockMan40s&w
08-01-2007, 21:38
If you pay a membership at a gym, a community pool or pay the cover at a night club, you're still subject to ejection for the day and/or banishment.

Like HerrGlock stated, Eric has rules in place for a purpose. People come and go here. I try to promote this site to all my friends and people interested in glocks and etc; This is a great site, and Eric has every right to get rid of the bad apples as he sees fit too.

I can't wait for it to start. :banana:

Fred
08-02-2007, 11:14
I can't (won't) speak for any other mod, but can honestly say that I have only locked threads when they clearly violate an established rule in some way, or have degenerated into personal attacks. There are times I personally disagree with the way a thread is going, but will leave it alone unless it actually crosses the line in some way. I'm pretty confident that most of the mods approach things in the same way.

Cheers. :)

Dalton Wayne
08-02-2007, 17:20
I think if you a dumb enough to say something stupid on line and you're not fast enough to delete it before someone quotes it you better man up and post the big I'm sorry it will never happen again sign, then you might and it's a pretty small might not get banned thats just my 2 cents...

http://pixpipeline.com/s/14e50d0f2c4d.gif (http://pixpipeline.com/d/14e50d0f2c4d.gif)

Mrs. VR
08-02-2007, 17:26
Originally posted by Dalton Wayne
I think if you a dumb enough to say something stupid on line and you're not fast enough to delete it before someone quotes it you better man up and post the big I'm sorry it will never happen again sign, then you might and it's a pretty small might not get banned thats just my 2 cents...

http://pixpipeline.com/s/14e50d0f2c4d.gif (http://pixpipeline.com/d/14e50d0f2c4d.gif) OMG, Dalton, you almost made me break my laptop screen! :animlol:

itisbruno
08-02-2007, 17:43
Fred - I was not complaining about locked threads, just having some fun, hope you did not take my comment wrong friend.

@ HerrGlock - Surely you were not calling me dear :supergrin:

Oh well I just called you Surley so you woman in this relationship :tongueout:

Just ponied up my cash, thanks, management, hope the funds help out.

Fred
08-03-2007, 14:48
Fred - I was not complaining about locked threads, just having some fun, hope you did not take my comment wrong friend.

Nope, no offense taken at all. :wavey: :)

HerrGlock
08-03-2007, 14:56
@ HerrGlock - Surely you were not calling me dear :supergrin:

Oh well I just called you Surley so you woman in this relationship :tongueout:

Unnn huh.

You can call me whatever you want, except late for dinner :supergrin:

Okay, so I've got archaic speech patterns sometimes, gimme a break :tongueout:

(do note the lack of commas around dear :thumbsup: )

MB-G26
08-03-2007, 18:30
Dan, it occurs to me that "shirly" I can call you "surley" until you deliver my helo!! :tongueout:

HerrGlock
08-03-2007, 18:31
Originally posted by MB-G26
Dan, it occurs to me that "shirly" I can call you "surley" until you deliver my helo!! :tongueout:

The only restriction is that you don't call me late for dinner :thumbsup:

But you should still be holding your breath for that helicopter :animlol:

true believer
08-04-2007, 07:00
Originally posted by Dalton Wayne

http://pixpipeline.com/s/14e50d0f2c4d.gif (http://pixpipeline.com/d/14e50d0f2c4d.gif)

d.w., get rid of that damn bug...a few days ago i was ready to take my lap top back and have them get rid of the bugs..
:laughabove: :rofl:
bob

MB-G26
08-04-2007, 13:01
But you should still be holding your breath for that helicopter :animlol:

:impatient:

http://www.kidsbiology.com/images/cat-holding-breath.jpg

08-04-2007, 13:37
There should be no special treatment, period.
There should be no perks, period.
You pay for it, because you like it enough and believe in it enough, to help keep it running smoothly and quickly, as it grows and expands. jmho, of course.

Mrs. VR
08-04-2007, 15:08

sometimes???? :tease: :outtahere:

HerrGlock
08-04-2007, 20:41
Originally posted by Mrs. VR
sometimes???? :tease: :outtahere:

Look into my eye... :tease:

vote Republican
08-05-2007, 08:24
Look into my eye... :tease:

Cyclops?

MrsKitty
08-05-2007, 09:10
Originally posted by Mrs. VR
OMG, Dalton, you almost made me break my laptop screen! :animlol:

I did the same thing! :shocked:

lomfs24
08-06-2007, 23:14

You can call me whatever you want, except late for dinner :supergrin:

Wow, I actually knew what you were talking about.

volky
10-20-2007, 19:16
a PAID tier ... under THIS management .... I donno ...

That Eric guy just got a funny lookin' hound, the mod who claims to be Mrs. VR continually crashes the server (WHO in their right mod would clam to be associated with the VR guy anyway??)... that Eddie guy always closes the good threads, and freepatriot needs a shave ... and you want me to PAY for this stuff?

(I jest)

Oh stop complaining!!!!

Didn't you hear???

You get to chill in the hot tub with Eddie and the boyz!!!! :)

Ender
10-20-2007, 20:16
There should be no special treatment, period.
There should be no perks, period.
You pay for it, because you like it enough and believe in it enough, to help keep it running smoothly and quickly, as it grows and expands. jmho, of course.

thats about that.

there are many times i don't like what some of the mods do. hell, sometimes i disagree with Eric.

once or twice in my 7 years here i've even deserved a nasty pm or two *whistling*

but the long and short of it is, you come into someone's house, you play by their rules. if you don't like it, leave.

now, it would be INTERESTING to see what would happen if someone who bought a charter lifetime membership got banned; but like others posted, it typically isn't the troublemakers here who are going so far as to support the site. they usually come and go pretty quickly.

fwiw, i haven't bought a membership yet, but i will when i get a job *supergrin*

if i was charged 10 cents for every hour i've spent on GT, i'd be broke ;)

Bogey
10-21-2007, 20:02
thats about that.

there are many times i don't like what some of the mods do. hell, sometimes i disagree with Eric.

once or twice in my 7 years here i've even deserved a nasty pm or two *whistling*

but the long and short of it is, you come into someone's house, you play by their rules. if you don't like it, leave.

now, it would be INTERESTING to see what would happen if someone who bought a charter lifetime membership got banned; but like others posted, it typically isn't the troublemakers here who are going so far as to support the site. they usually come and go pretty quickly.

fwiw, i haven't bought a membership yet, but i will when i get a job *supergrin*

if i was charged 10 cents for every hour i've spent on GT, i'd be broke ;)

You turn me on.

J.P.
11-11-2007, 03:20
BigChuck seems to have concerns based on previous experiences. While I can understand, it most certainly does not apply to GlockTalk.

Do I agree with every ass chewing I've gotten from the mods? Nope.. Do I understand why the mods have to hand out ass chewings? Yes, if they didn't, this would not be a forum I'd want to participate in.

GT is chock full of incredibly opinionated folks, sometimes we bark at each other, sometimes we step out of line. Alot of us (myself very much included) don't know how to back down when we think we're right. It's the job of the mods to make sure this place stays clean and "friendly". I've never seen them ban anyone for anything "silly", and I've never seen them take action "just because they could". If you do something in violation of the TOS, they let you know.

I gladly paid for a membership as soon as I found out they were available, I fully expect that I'll do something stupid down the line, and I fully expect to get chewed out for it. When that happens, I'll take my lumps, and I sure as heck won't tell them "I'm a member, you can't talk to me like that!"

My reason for paying was simple. I appreciate the information I've gotten from here, I've had countless hours of entertainment reading the various threads, and I've made a few gun purchases here that saved me hundreds of dollars. If my few dollars helps to keep this place strong and vital (If Eric can afford to keep this place running well, it'll draw new members and keep the good ones around, therefore I get more good information and more possible buys from the classified sections) then I'm happy.

I for one certainly feel that I have been treated unfairly by the moderators here at times.
There have even been times where it appears that contributors get more lee-way in regards to posting and we all see it.
Whether or not that *actually* happens is another matter but there have been times when it *appears* that way.
Also seems to be a problem when members have issues with site sponsors or their products.
Goes with the territory I guess.

I never get on and complain about it though because:
a) it won't do any good
b) I'm a moderator (on another board) and I can't stand that crap. ;)

I don't envision myself ever paying for use of a bulletin board,even the one I moderate.
It's something I simply don't agree with.
I have seen a few boards use paid memberships and they have gone down the tubes fast.
One of my favorite boards started charging for the "general discussion section" and also became so beholden to the sponsors in every way that it completely ruined the site.
Related to the pay for system? Who knows....but it appears to be a common theme.
One of the biggest complaints I hear is about site admistrators who constantly complain about money....costs,etc.

I like GlockTalk very much (even though I no longer shoot Glocks) and I think it's a valueable resource so please don't take any of what I said in a derogatory manner because I certainly don't mean it that way and some of the comments are not aimed directly at this site in particular.
I think this is one of the best gunboards out there and I wish the best of luck to Eric and staff with the new venture.
I'm glad they are keeping general membership free at this point and I hope that doesn't change.

OSSI
11-11-2007, 17:16
VR?? What's a VR??

OSSI
11-11-2007, 17:22
[QUOTE=Ender;9140923]

now, it would be INTERESTING to see what would happen if someone who bought a charter lifetime membership got banned;
QUOTE]

They are transferable, and be sold on the black market

Carolina Drifter
11-14-2007, 21:28
I paid for my CLM without expecting a thing except being part of a site that I enjoy more than any other. I would have paid more if necessary to help keep the site going. I support Eric and have yet to find anything in the TOS I can't live with. If a Mod were to call me down I feel it would be for a good reason and it hasn't happened yet. Ive always heard that "a *****in soldier is a happy soldier" but some of you folks push Eric to hard. Why can't you wait for him to get everything sorted out and if you don't like it here leave. I'm not calling anybody out but some of you wine worse than my eight year old grandson. Lighten up for God's sake.

freakshow10mm
11-14-2007, 22:19
I paid my membership and I still haven't gotten my GT can cooler. What gives? Anyone else get theirs?

Bogey
11-21-2007, 21:35
Got mine weeks ago.

Dinky
12-02-2007, 20:14
VR?? What's a VR??

Now you get to send him a $1:wavey:

OSSI
12-03-2007, 13:44
Now you get to send him a $1:wavey:

Canadian,Hongkong,Singapurian,Bermudian ,New Zealand, Surinamese, or Aussie Dollar????

HerrGlock
12-03-2007, 15:33
Canadian,Hongkong,Singapurian,Bermudian ,New Zealand, Surinamese, or Aussie Dollar????

Sand.

vote Republican
12-03-2007, 20:44
Do I feel my ears burning?

12-14-2007, 10:23
newbee here..........trying to follow the buzzz going on. As I see (but, who cares)............pay and shut up. If you don't like rules then go direct to Eric, state your disagreement. If not satisfied, be disgrunted, follow the rules and shut up...........It appears to me that Eric has his hands full with registrations and what not. Sure Eric does not need objections to his rules, paying or not paying. Buy into the site then maybe you can get a percentage of ownership with which you can ***** or disagree with anything on this site. (maybe).
my lousy 4 cents.........................(please don't shoot me) oh yes, POWER CORRUPTS, AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY................

Eric
12-14-2007, 22:09
newbee here..........trying to follow the buzzz going on. As I see (but, who cares)............pay and shut up. If you don't like rules then go direct to Eric, state your disagreement. If not satisfied, be disgrunted, follow the rules and shut up...........It appears to me that Eric has his hands full with registrations and what not. Sure Eric does not need objections to his rules, paying or not paying. Buy into the site then maybe you can get a percentage of ownership with which you can ***** or disagree with anything on this site. (maybe).
my lousy 4 cents.........................(please don't shoot me) oh yes, POWER CORRUPTS, AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY................

Do you get a percentage of ownership when you pay at a night club, or Disney World, the movies or a zoo? The posting rules are what they are and they are not going to change or be relaxed if someone pays for a membership. Those rules are not a secret or a surprise and there shouldn't be anyone here that was not aware of them before paying for a membership. If you do not agree with my policies or my position on this, save us both a lot of trouble and don't buy a membership.

Anyone who thinks I do this because I enjoy the power of it doesn't know me and doesn't have much experience running a place like this. It is frequently a major PITA. For a site like this to work, someone has to be in charge. For better or worse, that person here is me. Leadership by committee does not work. I started this site because I didn't like the way the sites I used to hang out on were run and I thought I could do better. Anyone who thinks they can do a better job than I have has the same option open to them. What I am not going to do is debate my policies ad infinitum and I am not going to debate a course of action that has already been committed to. If you are unsure of things or of me, why don't you just sit tight and see what develops? Eric

obxemt
12-24-2007, 12:25
I built this place, I run it I fix it when it is broken and I deal with its problems.

And thank you SO MUCH for that. It has been a much needed place of solace and stress relief for me for almost seven years! When I look back, it is truly remarkable how much my life has changed in that amount of time. Luckily, GT is still reliable! :) I've met some quality friends here...no kidding. Two of the best friends I will ever have, I met on GT.

I think that qualifies me to be the one that sets the minimum standards of conduct. I think the rules I have set are simple, easy to understand and easy to follow. You are under no obligation to join the paid tier or to even hang out here. If you do though, I DO have a right to establish and enforce rules of conduct here.

Nothing here is unreasonable. Luckily, I know you won't lose any sleep over the whining jackelopes! I would also like to take this opportunity to thank you for not banning, suspending or flogging me when I might have deserved it! :wavey: