to all fathers who have baby girls [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : to all fathers who have baby girls

saki1611
07-30-2007, 23:33
the first time i heard this song was about ten years ago. my eldest daughter then was 7yrs old, i thought about her while listening to this. i tell you i can't help myself not to cry while listening to the song. my eldest is now 17yrs old, and it's becoming fast how the years pass by, the more i'll appreciate the music. my suggestion to all fathers here is to take all the opportunity you have while your daughters are young when you can still hug and kiss them. have good memories with them....;)

http://www.youtube.com/w/?v=2FyjKQvWKw8&session=CI6lOqNINmAfqlWuMCtzjTmvi2-o_MqkSag_NvNNW8HGLy1KNea8Xunl5QaDfDtswKqzA1yR2D2fpUkfc8C_OOQFkEK40iryR1wHAxK9qvzWgY_tlS_ETT33IEBv_cr 2BigY9J6Mv4s3kQXI6HjfLSclCAAtmXylxMgBdU1IiVqopX3V0dQkdr2Wrj7WhmDBoIbeG27NT1rUnRmyw_3NuXZiPg8yDh6FoBG Yc2ElGUyNJrwKVj4r2pa08EEY_pjS

JimBianchi
07-30-2007, 23:37
I love that song!

You're killing me man, now I've got to go an kiss my little girl good night.

Thanks for the link.

3kings
07-31-2007, 01:00
saki,

that's how time flies bro...

i got 3kings. the counter part of that song for boys is the song titled- cats in the cradle. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLzMw5hKoVk

hug them while you can.

charlie-xray
07-31-2007, 01:09
Very true, what broke my heart is the daughter of an officemate here whose 15yrs old, the father tried to make "akbay" while in the mall and the daughter remove his arm and said "Daddy!!!" wanted to smack the girl for not appreciating his father's sacrifices but well you know the youth nowadays.

TTPower
07-31-2007, 01:57
to all daddies with little girls.... imagine this song playing during the wedding of ur little girl! :(

i'm sure ul be crying harder hahahahaha

Allegra
07-31-2007, 03:00
Originally posted by charlie-xray
Very true, what broke my heart is the daughter of an officemate here whose 15yrs old, the father tried to make "akbay" while in the mall and the daughter remove his arm and said "Daddy!!!" wanted to smack the girl for not appreciating his father's sacrifices but well you know the youth nowadays.

It's not a good idea anyway
Try holding your teenage daughters hand in the mall ang sama ng tingin ng mga tao

bertud ng putik
07-31-2007, 03:19
very touching talaga! ako nga iniisip ko pa lang na ikakasal na ang little girl ko eh, naiiyak na ako!!!!!! ang sarap mag ka anak na babae at very sweet sya!

PMMA97
07-31-2007, 06:27
I asked God to give me a baby girl but I never thought that it would be so difficult lalo na at malapit na mag teen ager.

Now,I ask the Lord for strength and a higher credit limit :supergrin: :supergrin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qDg7oOfk80

saki1611
07-31-2007, 07:59
Originally posted by Allegra
It's not a good idea anyway
Try holding your teenage daughters hand in the mall ang sama ng tingin ng mga tao

pardon me bro, i don't think what people's thought should matter. what important is the binding that develops between father and daughter.

yet it's a fact that as our children grow old we have to respect the space their asking for. teen age is where their wings spread wider and start to explore the world by themselves, but for as long as they stay in our home they're subject to our rules. parenting is not easy, it's one hell job that most of the times is less appreciate. and it's gonna be up to us how we can enjoy it. everyone can be a father or a mother but not everyone can be a parent. ;)

eric, a very nice song too!:thumbsup:

batangueno
07-31-2007, 08:02
Hindi ko natapos yung video....naiiyak na ako eh. :supergrin:

Saki, for sure your daughter's suitors will really have a hard time. Baka lagi kang naglilinis ng barrel kapag bumibisita....hahaha:supergrin:

saki1611
07-31-2007, 08:12
Originally posted by batangueno
Hindi ko natapos yung video....naiiyak na ako eh. :supergrin:

Saki, for sure your daughter's suitors will really have a hard time. Baka lagi kang naglilinis ng barrel kapag bumibisita....hahaha:supergrin:

:laughabove: :laughabove: :laughabove:

so far wala pa nabisita.... ewan ko lang pag wala sya sa bahay. :supergrin: actually there was a worst incident already, di ko na lang kwento!:upeyes:

batangueno
07-31-2007, 08:16
Have you seen Bad Boys2, the one were Will Smith scared the s&%t out of he's partner's daughter's date. :animlol:

saki1611
07-31-2007, 08:23
Originally posted by batangueno
Have you seen Bad Boys2, the one were Will Smith scared the s&%t out of he's partner's daughter's date. :animlol:

medyo malapit...:supergrin:

Allegra
07-31-2007, 08:55
Originally posted by saki1611
pardon me bro, i don't think what people's thought should matter. what important is the binding that develops between father and daughter.

yet it's a fact that as our children grow old we have to respect the space their asking for. teen age is where their wings spread wider and start to explore the world by themselves, but for as long as they stay in our home they're subject to our rules. parenting is not easy, it's one hell job that most of the times is less appreciate. and it's gonna be up to us how we can enjoy it. everyone can be a father or a mother but not everyone can be a parent. ;)

eric, a very nice song too!:thumbsup:

Bonding isnt a problem , she calls me by my first name :)
But the looks people give can be disturbing

Parenting teenagers is pretty easy for me
Some of my friends sa triathlon and cycling are barely older than my kids

saki1611
07-31-2007, 09:11
Bonding isnt a problem , she calls me by my first name :)
But the looks people give can be disturbing

there was an instance, a colleague of mine together with his wife saw me with my daughter at the mall. my colleague with his rotten full of malice brain and envious look, commented to his wife that my girlfriend, referring to my daughter, is too young. he told it to me when we saw each other at the office the next day. i just replied to him, " kalalaki mong tao, tsimoso ka!" :animlol:

presidingglock
07-31-2007, 19:56
Saki,

Thanks for the link, I have to admit I could not stop my tears from falling while listening to the song. I hope nobody saw me in the office.

The reason for the tears might be because my 3 year old daughter (our eldest child) will be attending school for the first time this afternoon and I've decided to take time off from work so that I can personally bring her to her class.

I'm kind of worried and excited at the same time. I hope this is just normal.

charlie-xray
08-01-2007, 00:28
Call me old school, call me bakya pero when it comes to parenting to each his own yan and what works for other might not work with all.

And Sir Saki yan ang marami sa ngayon tsismoso at malisyoso pero as my creed is as always I don't care what people would think or say as long as my consience is clear and my relationship with my daughters are open and not stone walled.

I actually liked what Will Smith did in Badboys2, pagka sa akin may dumalaw titiyakin ko na duon ako maglilinis ng Glock ko at may katabing shovel palagi as a reminder na I could shoot you and bury you at the same time, pero I'll do it in a friendly manner naman :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

And sa simula pa lang bibilinan ko na yung mag-aattempt na manligaw, "pagka nagsawa ka na sa anak ko, isoli mo na lang huwag mong sasaktan"

Originally posted by saki1611
there was an instance, a colleague of mine together with his wife saw me with my daughter at the mall. my colleague with his rotten full of malice brain and envious look, commented to his wife that my girlfriend, referring to my daughter, is too young. he told it to me when we saw each other at the office the next day. i just replied to him, " kalalaki mong tao, tsimoso ka!" :animlol: :rofl::rofl: :rofl:

ppts799
08-01-2007, 01:06
$#*@+! you guys are killing me!

now i have to escape from the office and be with my daughter!!!

akala ko ako lang iyakin when it comes to these :)

PMMA97
08-01-2007, 01:57
Daddy's Rules for Dating

Rule One:
If you pull into my driveway and honk you'd better be delivering a package, because you're sure not picking anything up.

Rule Two:
You do not touch my daughter in front of me. You may glance at her, so long as you do not peer at anything below her neck. If you cannot keep your eyes or hands off of my daughter's body, I will remove them.

Rule Three:
I am aware that it is considered fashionable for boys of your age to wear their trousers so loosely that they appear to be falling off their hips. Please don't take this as an insult, but you and all of your friends are complete idiots. Still, I want to be fair and open minded about this issue, so I propose this compromise: You may come to the door with your underwear showing and your pants ten sizes too big, and I will not object. However, in order to ensure that your clothes do no, in fact come off during the course of your date with my daughter, I will take my electric nail gun and fasten your trousers securely in place to your waist.

Rule Four:
I'm sure you've been told that in today's world, sex without utilizing a "Barrier method" of some kind can kill you. Let me elaborate, when it comes to sex, I am the barrier, and I will kill you.

Rule Five:
It is usually understood that in order for us to get to know each other, we should talk about sports, politics, and other issues of the day. Please do not do this. The only information I require from you is an indication of when you expect to have my daughter safely back at my house, and the only word I need from you on this subject is: "early."

Rule Six:
I have no doubt you are a popular fellow, with many opportunities to date other girls. This is fine with me as long as it is okay with my daughter. Otherwise, once you have gone out with my little girl, you will continue to date no one but her until she is finished with you. If you make her cry, I will make you cry.

Rule Seven:
As you stand in my front hallway, waiting for my daughter to appear, and more than an hour goes by, do not sigh and fidget. If you want to be on time for the movie, you should not be dating. My daughter is putting on her makeup, a process than can take longer than painting the Golden Gate Bridge. Instead of just standing there, why don't you do something useful, like changing the oil in my car?

Rule Eight:
The following places are not appropriate for a date with my daughter: Places where there are beds, sofas, or anything softer than a wooden stool. Places where there is darkness. Places where there is dancing, holding hands, or happiness. Places where the ambient temperature is warm enough to induce my daughter to wear shorts, tank tops, midriff T-shirts, or anything other than overalls, a sweater, and a goose down parka - zipped up to her throat. Movies with a strong romantic or sexual theme are to be avoided; movies which features chain saws are okay. Hockey games are okay. Old folks homes are better.

Rule Nine:
Do not lie to me. I may appear to be a potbellied, balding, middle-aged, dimwitted has-been. But on issues relating to my daughter, I am the all-knowing, merciless god of your universe. If I ask you where you are going and with whom, you have one chance to tell me the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. I have a shotgun, a shovel, and five acres behind the house. Do not trifle with me.

Rule Ten:
Be afraid. Be very afraid. It takes very little for me to mistake the sound of your car in the driveway for a chopper coming in over a rice paddy near Hanoi. When my Agent Orange starts acting up, the voices in my head frequently tell me to clean the guns as I wait for you to bring my daughter home. As soon as you pull into the driveway you should exit the car with both hands in plain sight. Speak the perimeter password, announce in a clear voice that you have brought my daughter home safely and early, then return to your car - there is no need for you to come inside. The camouflaged face at the window is mine.

charlie-xray
08-01-2007, 05:06
PMMA97 now that's a sticky.

Sticky to my refrigerator at home.:hugs: :hugs:

Allegra
08-01-2007, 06:47
You guys are strict :) I hope you guys are kidding :)

observation lang , the stricter you are lalo maaga mag aasawa yan
Another observation, they'll get married to someone ugly
Observation #3 , mga panget kasi ang makakapal ang muka

charlie-xray
08-01-2007, 07:01
Nyaaahh!!! wait magkano nga ba yung nail gun?

Just kidding pero at the back of our minds gusto naming totohanin, and we believe you Sir Allegra on your observation.

You guys are strict :) I hope you guys are kidding :)

observation lang , the stricter you are lalo maaga mag aasawa yan
Another observation, they'll get married to someone ugly
Observation #3 , mga panget kasi ang makakapal ang muka

antediluvianist
08-01-2007, 07:26
My daughter just got engaged (on a yacht in Singapore harbor after a sumptuous dinner on the yacht - the ring was in a champagne glass). The husband-to-be is a director , of movies and commercials and stuff, so he orchestrated the whole thing like a romantic movie. He told her that his friend was in the cabin so he and my daughter went down there and saw nobody and when she had come back on deck, the yacht was underway. The whole thing was a surprise.

Anyway, guys, you know what is a great happiness? When your daughter finds a good man who you are sure loves her and will care for her all her life. That is a great happiness. And I have friends for whom the reverse has been true, and they are bitter.

Pray for such happiness when the time comes.

Allegra
08-01-2007, 07:34
Let them grow up , get their hearts broken a few times
Tumatalino naman each time :)

Of course you have to really pay attention to the people your kids are hanging out w/

royal glockster
08-01-2007, 07:43
You're lucky guys! you have daughters. How is wish i have mine. I have three sons and sad part is that none of them seemed to like shooting sports...:sad: puro guitars ang hilig and cartoons..hehe.

I just have to sell my stuff after i retire from this hobby.

charlie-xray
08-01-2007, 07:46
Sir PMMA97, the ten list you provided was from the Father's perspective I'm anticipating mas mabibigat ang ruling nung from the Mother.:shocked: :shocked:

saki1611
08-01-2007, 10:21
i'm so glad that i share something with you guys, and most of us here has the same thoughts with our daughters, as well as for those who have sons. i agree with allegra that to be strict too much would possibly lead them too be rebellious, that's a big problem too. as much as possible we have to balance the way we discipline our kids. one great style is the "sweet and sour", if it's the father who's mad the mother should console the kid and vice versa. i agree with charlie, each parent has it's own uniqueness in taking care of their kids, because we have different kids which have different personalities. yet generally, God gave us a pattern, the Book of Proverbs in the Bible has a lot of these.

" train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old he will not depart from it." (Prov 22:6) :thumbsup:

New_comer
08-01-2007, 11:26
Mine is almost 16 years old. She demands space from us and just doesn't listen to us anymore...

Just like I did when I was at her age. Like father, like daughter. ;)

But she never misses to give me a cute heart I LV U 'pillow' every Valentines, which I find corny as I don't really crave for affection. But maybe that's her way of showing gratitude. :supergrin:

Sweater
08-01-2007, 14:54
I have three daughters Twins 25 years old, and and my youngest 14 yrs old,April 2008 i will have my eldest wedding in the Philippines. After 14 years here in the U.S. I went back 2001 to the Philippines for my daughters college graduation(Our proudest moment as parents)one in Ateneo and the other one in UST.Now both of them are in banking,same line investment bankings, but different banks Citibank and Chase.Here in the U.S., Fil-Ams have different priorities, some big houses here in the U.S. or in the Phillipines,fancy cars,jewelries,money ETC. But for me and my wife our PRIORITY is send our daughters to College, because that is the hardest thing to do here in the U.S. the rest is so easy to get,if you got your priorities straight, just my opinion.--------------------Sweater

PMMA97
08-01-2007, 18:07
Sir PMMA97, the ten list you provided was from the Father's perspective I'm anticipating mas mabibigat ang ruling nung from the Mother.:shocked: :shocked:

Sir charlie-xray,

As a fatter of mact :supergrin: my wife and I have this good cop bad cop thingy going on with regards in the discipline aspect of our two kids.

I pose as the eternal "bad cop", the enforcer of discipline, the overlord of strictness in our home.

While my wife plays the role of the "good cop", the ever loving mommy, the sweet someone whom they could talk to with anything and everything.

I am content with the role I play because I don't want my kids to get attached to me in a way that it wouldn't hurt us too much if I go abroad or be sent off to a far away place again. Don't get me wrong because I adore my kids, it's just I find it easy to leave them knowing that I have instilled them the discipline passed on to me by the Academy and my parents.(ganun din style nila but I was closer to my "bad cop" father) :supergrin:

This is the way I raise my kids as of today but I know for a fact that me and my wife must someday change tactics as the kids grow older we must learn to improvise, adapt and overcome. :)

Vault Keeper
08-01-2007, 19:45
Guys, I find it very interesting that your share these things...I have two sweet girls. One 10yrs (eldest) and my youngest is 4 yrs. old. Funny because that very song, I told my wife will really make a father cry on the wedding day of his daughter...

For me, I am the "bad cop" too, but make it a point to talk to my children after a good scolding (or spanking) and ask them why I got angry. After the talk, I compliment it with hugs and kisses :hearts:.

For my son, after a good scolding, I ask him, "linisin natin toys ni papa :thumbsup: ) And that will put a smile on his face again...

saki1611
08-01-2007, 19:50
Originally posted by Vault Keeper
Guys, I find it very interesting that your share these things...I have two sweet girls. One 10yrs (eldest) and my youngest is 4 yrs. old. Funny because that very song, I told my wife will really make a father cry on the wedding day of his daughter...

For me, I am the "bad cop" too, but make it a point to talk to my children after a good scolding (or spanking) and ask them why I got angry. After the talk, I compliment it with hugs and kisses :hearts:.

For my son, after a good scolding, I ask him, "linisin natin toys ni papa :thumbsup: ) And that will put a smile on his face again...

that's sweet vk!
:thumbsup:

presidingglock
08-02-2007, 00:40
Originally posted by Vault Keeper
but make it a point to talk to my children after a good scolding (or spanking) and ask them why I got angry. After the talk, I compliment it with hugs and kisses :hearts:.

VK,

I do the same thing! Great minds do really think alike. :supergrin:

Vault Keeper
08-02-2007, 02:54
Thanks guys for the thumbs up!:thumbsup: :)

charlie-xray
08-02-2007, 17:19
Sir PMMA

Yes I do the same, as I'm physically present only 40days every year for them. I try not to get myself too attach and play the bad cop most of the time or disciplinarian.

But to tell you honestly, I thought that I'm becoming an old timer in becoming an OFW and thought leaving them should be easy or at least be easier as time passes by, but it's totally the opposite.

All of us parents may have different way, practice unique to one another, but we as parents have one goal and that is to prepare our children/s to face the world with dignity, pride, and strength that only us experienced parents could impart. Pero ako I have one special wish for them, hoping that they far exceed ME on what I achieved I hope they achieve it 10 times more and on a much easier cemented road not like the long and winding road I took.

PMMA97
08-02-2007, 19:13
I have one special wish for them, hoping that they far exceed ME on what I achieved I hope they achieve it 10 times more and on a much easier cemented road not like the long and winding road I took.

This is where it gets tricky, we are too busy giving them what we did not have that we often forget to give them the hardships and experiences that we Had which made us who we are today.

IMO, our children must also experience body aches and trials. They also must learn to be street smart and be exposed to certain "evils" so they could easily identify and avoid them.

I know we all aspire to protect them at all cost but I am willing to let them get hurt from time to time so that they can be a stronger person.

And by making them more equipped than us they will excel, with Gods help, 10-100 times more. :)

3kings
08-02-2007, 19:25
for our kids, we wish them the best of everything but when they decided to settle down, its their call. i will respect it (just dont know if my wife will agree).

i just hope my inlaws share the same hobbies that i have so we can get along otherwise i will pass the hobbies to the grandchildren.

charlie-xray
08-04-2007, 00:03
I believe you bro PMMA, just have to learn myself not to be too over protective of them.

But I certainly got my patience tested with them, even though they have been naughty ni-hindi ko mapitik sa kamay, which was a total opposite to my upbringing sa tatay kong martial rule sa bahay noon poksa ka agad pagka may palpak ka.

Originally posted by PMMA97
This is where it gets tricky, we are too busy giving them what we did not have that we often forget to give them the hardships and experiences that we Had which made us who we are today.

IMO, our children must also experience body aches and trials. They also must learn to be street smart and be exposed to certain "evils" so they could easily identify and avoid them.

I know we all aspire to protect them at all cost but I am willing to let them get hurt from time to time so that they can be a stronger person.

And by making them more equipped than us they will excel, with Gods help, 10-100 times more. :)

New_comer
08-04-2007, 05:36
Here's the only thing I needed to remember in rearing my children, could also be what guided my folks in not looking after me too much:

Parable of the Butterfly

A man found a cocoon of a butterfly. One day a small opening appeared. He sat and watched the butterfly for several hours as it struggled to force its body through that little hole.

Then it seemed to stop making any progress. It appeared as if it had gotten as far as it could, and it could go no further.

So the man decided to help the butterfly. He took a pair of scissors and snipped off the remaining bit of the cocoon.

The butterfly then emerged easily. But it had a swollen body and small, shriveled wings.

The man continued to watch the butterfly because he expected that, at any moment, the wings would enlarge and expand to be able to support the body, which would contract in time.

Neither happened! In fact, the butterfly spent the rest of its life crawling around with a swollen body and shriveled wings. It never was able to fly.

What the man, in his kindness and haste, did not understand was that the restricting cocoon and the struggle required for the butterfly to get through the tiny opening were God's way of forcing fluid from the body of the butterfly into its wings so that it would be ready for flight once it achieved its freedom from the cocoon.

Sometimes struggles are exactly what we need in our lives. If God allowed us to go through our lives without any obstacles, it would cripple us.

We would not be as strong as what we could have been. We could never fly!

I asked for Strength.........And God gave me Difficulties to make me strong.

I asked for Wisdom.........And God gave me Problems to solve.

I asked for Prosperity.........And God gave me Brain and Brawn to work.

I asked for Courage.........And God gave me Danger to overcome.

I asked for Love.........And God gave me Troubled people to help.

I asked for Favors.........And God gave me Opportunities.

I received nothing I wanted ........And everything I needed!

Our kids are definitely as strong as us, maybe even better. As parents, I guess the worst feeling for us is to simply let go...

jmtc ;)

boni
08-04-2007, 09:10

I actually liked what Will Smith did in Badboys2, pagka sa akin may dumalaw titiyakin ko na duon ako maglilinis ng Glock ko at may katabing shovel palagi as a reminder na I could shoot you and bury you at the same time, pero I'll do it in a friendly manner naman :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

actually parang familiar ito mga sir hehehe when i was visiting my gf's house dati the father would give me the silent treatment tapos he would clean his gun in front of me. one time my gf said pa, mahilig din sa baril yan. pakita mo kay papa dali. best friends kami agad eh. :) nung high school din ako there was this party so sundo ko gf ko of cors siga ang father but i promise to bring his daughter home b4 12mn so dahil pa snap naman ako i left the party early para hatid gf ko but sa kamalasan we arrived 30 minutes after 12 so the father was standing by the door. he kinda tumaas na boses. so baba ako to be gentleman naman kasi ako nag dridrive yung driver namin sa likod naka upo eh nagtransfer na sa passenger side bitbit yung baby armalite. hehehe bigla baba yung boses nya pero i apologize sori tito medyo na traffic kami kasi may banggaan sa dinaanan namin and ayoko naman mabilis mag drive. he was friendly naman in accepting may apologies. :hearts: