The "I wish the SEARCH could do this" idea [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : The "I wish the SEARCH could do this" idea

Vic303
07-31-2007, 14:22
Eric, we do plan on a membership, hopefully in the pre-period even, but I do have a 'wish' for the search function once you have everything turned up and running/fixed/replaced etc.

I wish the Search feature in the Want Ads area would permit a search by State abbreviation! There is no way to search for any posts by state abbreviation--only state name in full or a 3 letter minimum (ie: DFW).

--Vic

whitetiger7653
07-31-2007, 16:22
I wish people would just put the State abbreviations in the title. If that was mandatory life would be so much easier.

Eric
07-31-2007, 16:39
The new system will include a new purpose-built classified ads system, to replace the use of the forum for that purpose. It uses GT's existing membership database and has tons of great features, including a comprehensive search system that not only can search by state, it can search by proximity to given area. It is a very nice software package. There is even a field for the lister's state. Eric

lcarreau
07-31-2007, 22:04
I hope you get a lot of traffic that Ebay has given up.

-Lonnie

KYMike
08-01-2007, 11:57
Originally posted by Vic303
I wish the Search feature in the Want Ads area would permit a search by State abbreviation! There is no way to search for any posts by state abbreviation--only state name in full or a 3 letter minimum (ie: DFW).

Amen! I have had this wish for a LONG time. This new funcionality sounds great. It's like going from the 19th to the 21st century in one leap!!

Norman
08-04-2007, 06:10
Originally posted by Eric
The new system will include a new purpose-built classified ads system, to replace the use of the forum for that purpose. It uses GT's existing membership database and has tons of great features, including a comprehensive search system that not only can search by state, it can search by proximity to given area. It is a very nice software package. There is even a field for the lister's state. Eric

Sweeeeet. :thumbsup:

That alone is worth the price of membership.

MB-G26
08-04-2007, 15:38
I have no idea whether it's possible, but it would be GREAT if the search function could, somehow, search for images or other pictures that have been placed into posts. :thumbsup: