Waterproof mascara [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Waterproof mascara

Patricia
07-31-2007, 22:35
OK ladies, I need a mascara that doesn't smudge, smear, or clump. Any suggestions?

Mrs. VR
08-01-2007, 06:49
P, im no help, cause the ONLY kind I can use is the seriously hypo allergenic kind, so I'm stuck with basically Almay or Neutrogena. I use the Almay raisin quartz right now, and it's OK, but it's NOT especially water proof or clump proof.

sweetatergal
08-01-2007, 09:49
Have you tried the Mary Kay mascara?....I use the Ultimate Lash in her brand and LOVE IT, but it is not waterproof. Mary Kay does carry a waterproof and I hear it works GREAT!

SouthernGal
08-01-2007, 11:48
Originally posted by sweetatergal
Have you tried the Mary Kay mascara?....I use the Ultimate Lash in her brand and LOVE IT, but it is not waterproof. Mary Kay does carry a waterproof and I hear it works GREAT!

I use both and can say beyond a shadow of a doubt that the waterproof one works well in hot climates.

DO NOT let the waterproof one get exposed to heat while still in the tube though. This is what makes it clump.

pesticidal
08-01-2007, 11:54
http://images.jupiterimages.com/common/detail/51/08/22660851.jpg

SouthernGal
08-01-2007, 12:19
Originally posted by pesticidal
http://images.jupiterimages.com/common/detail/51/08/22660851.jpg

That might work for eye LINER but not mascara.

pesticidal
08-01-2007, 12:57
Originally posted by SouthernGal
That might work for eye LINER but not mascara.

http://images.pestysplace.com/funny/doh.jpg

SouthernGal
08-01-2007, 14:57
Originally posted by pesticidal
http://images.pestysplace.com/funny/doh.jpg

:rofl:

You crack me up.

Mrs. VR
08-01-2007, 15:42
boys :tease:

P, i just happened to pick up a copy of Woman's World yesterday, and lo and behold, they had a whole page on waterproof makeup! For mascara, they recommend l'oreal voluminous full definition voume building waterproof mascara (sheesh!, what a name!)

OR

Shu Uemura Fiber Xtension Lengthening Mascara www.shuumeura-usa.com

kcb
08-01-2007, 16:24
Originally posted by Mrs. VR
boys :tease:

P, i just happened to pick up a copy of Woman's World yesterday, and lo and behold, they had a whole page on waterproof makeup! For mascara, they recommend l'oreal voluminous full definition voume building waterproof mascara (sheesh!, what a name!)

OR

Shu Uemura Fiber Xtension Lengthening Mascara www.shuumeura-usa.com

I have used the L'oreal that Sharon speaks of and it was great.

I was allergic to Mary Kay make up and had a HORRIBLE reaction to it back in the 80's. grrrrr! A dear family friend asked me to have a party for her. I did, so I bought. They reimbursed me for everything I bought, but I paid a DEAR price for the reaction!

I have a parent at school that keeps telling me it's improved now, money back guarantee...it's just not worth the risk to me!

L'oreal is good!

:thumbsup:

I have IMac now, I bought it for the weddings, but their stuff isn't waterproof. So, at the last minute, I realized I had to use different mascara and eyeliner because there was NO WAY this mother wasn't going to cry!

:hearts:

:supergrin:

MrsKitty
08-01-2007, 17:06
I don't need waterproof, but what is the thickest mascara out there now? I normally use Maybelline Great Lash in Blackest Black or Clinique, whatever sample is in the GWP.

I tried Almay and I was allergic to it. :upeyes:

In high school, I used to use L'Oreal Volumous and loved it but for some reason drifted away...it might have started flaking which didn't work with contacts?

If I didn't love makeup and jewelry, everybody would swear I was a man :rofl:

Mrs. Tink
08-01-2007, 18:46
Originally posted by kcb
I was allergic to Mary Kay make up and had a HORRIBLE reaction to it back in the 80's. grrrrr! A dear family friend asked me to have a party for her. I did, so I bought. They reimbursed me for everything I bought, but I paid a DEAR price for the reaction!

I have a parent at school that keeps telling me it's improved now, money back guarantee...it's just not worth the risk to me!

Oh my goodness. That's terrible.

I'm going to come out of my shell here and reveal that I am a Mary Kay consultant, which most people on GT don't know. I have to tell you that the great majority of ladies who do give it a second chance (after having been allergic in the 70's and 80's) are much happier with it now. Consultants are taught better now to find a formula that works for you, and there is a much wider array of formulas.

I was just at the Mary Kay manufacturing plant last week, which is a really neat place. Those folks do extensive testing (NEVER on animals) to make sure that their products are hypoallergenic. Now, fortunately, it is rare to hear of a current customer having a bad reaction to the products.

The money back guarantee still stands. I usually don't even take money from people until I hear that they are satisfied. And even if you use the entire thing and then decide that you didn't love it, you'll get your money back.

Anyone can PM me with questions. I don't want to turn this into an advertisement for my personal business. It sounds like STG and SG are being well taken care of by their consultant.

Mrs. VR
08-01-2007, 19:08
I knew! I knew! :supergrin:

And, I can vouch for Meg as a reliable sales person!

Mrs. Tink
08-01-2007, 21:19
I knew! I knew! :supergrin:

And, I can vouch for Meg as a reliable sales person!

:hearts: :iloveyou:

Thanks for the vote of confidence!

Patricia
08-02-2007, 07:23
Thanks everyone! PM on the way Meg. :supergrin:

sweetatergal
08-02-2007, 07:47
Originally posted by kcb
I have used the L'oreal that Sharon speaks of and it was great.

L'oreal is good!

I have IMac now, I bought it for the weddings, but their stuff isn't waterproof. So, at the last minute, I realized I had to use different mascara and eyeliner because there was NO WAY this mother wasn't going to cry!

My cousin had a party for one of her friends back in the 80's and my Aunt tried to tell the girl that she had REALLY sensative skin and that she would probably have a reaction to it....well, she did. She could not get it off her face fast enough. I don't know if she ever tried it again or not.

I'm a Beauty Control Consultant.....only because of the sign on deal. Don't really promote it much....but I can tell ya, their mascara is JUNK. I do like their spa line of products.

sweetatergal
08-02-2007, 07:51
Originally posted by Mrs. Tink

I'm going to come out of my shell here and reveal that I am a Mary Kay consultant, which most people on GT don't know. I have to tell you that the great majority of ladies who do give it a second chance (after having been allergic in the 70's and 80's) are much happier with it now. Consultants are taught better now to find a formula that works for you, and there is a much wider array of formulas.

I was just at the Mary Kay manufacturing plant last week, which is a really neat place. Those folks do extensive testing (NEVER on animals) to make sure that their products are hypoallergenic. Now, fortunately, it is rare to hear of a current customer having a bad reaction to the products.

The money back guarantee still stands. I usually don't even take money from people until I hear that they are satisfied. And even if you use the entire thing and then decide that you didn't love it, you'll get your money back.

Anyone can PM me with questions. I don't want to turn this into an advertisement for my personal business. It sounds like STG and SG are being well taken care of by their consultant.

I LOVE my Mary Kay!!!! Their face regiment is the BOMB (moisturizers ( and SG and I have super oily skin), cleansers, microderm abrasion...)!!!!! Oh and I LOVE the 2 n 1 shave/shower gel and moisturizing lotion!!!!

Mine and SG's friend that has just been into it a year is at the seminar in Dallas right not! She gets to walk across the stage and everything.....she has taken off with it and made a run for it. She has already earned her first car! :thumbsup:

Mrs Tink....Good luck in your business. :thumbsup:

:wavey:

SouthernGal
08-02-2007, 14:45

I was a consultant years ago before my divorce.

I started using their products the week before I married in 1996. Been using their skincare line for 11 years now. So far as I'm concerned, their oily skin line is second to none.

STG and I both have a great consultant, just bought the undereye circle stuff the other evening myself...as a gift.

kcb
08-02-2007, 16:08
:hearts: :iloveyou:

Thanks for the vote of confidence!

I don't doubt that you do a good job and I know many people that happily use Mary Kay products.

I just am afraid to take the chance at the same reaction again.

It was SO bad that my doctor told to NEVER use it again.

Now they had the MOST Awesome perfume back in the 80's that I'd buy stock in if they sold it again.

I think it was called Auvenier or something like that. I loved it, and got constant compliments on it. They stopped carrying it years ago. My assistant at the hospital was a sales consultant, too, and she stocked me up with it as best she could.

I always suffered from horrible headaches back then, but this was a nice suttle fragrance that never bothered me.

If you can find that for me again, Meg, I'd be THRILLED!!!!!!

kcb
08-02-2007, 16:12
Originally posted by SouthernGal
I was a consultant years ago before my divorce.

I started using their products the week before I married in 1996. Been using their skincare line for 11 years now. So far as I'm concerned, their oily skin line is second to none.

STG and I both have a great consultant, just bought the undereye circle stuff the other evening myself...as a gift.

My experience was further back than that. So, I'm sure they have changed the products a lot since my experience. BUT I still fear
a reaction.

:sad:

Like I said in my post above...my doctor told me to NEVER use it again. Several of my BEST and DEAREST friends have sold the products over the years, too. I've bought lotions, perfumes, etc. but nothing for my face.

:sad:

cysoto
08-02-2007, 16:59
The first thing that came to mind when I read the title of the thread was: Avon Products. <p>I am amazed to see that we have so many Mary Kay users and not a single Avon user. Why?

Patricia
08-02-2007, 19:16
I do use some Avon products. As a matter of fact, the reason for this thread is that their waterproof masacara still leaves me with smudge marks. I love some of their other stuff though.

cysoto
08-03-2007, 08:49
Let me give you a quick overview of waterproof mascaras… There are two very different types of waterproof mascaras: those that are oil-based and those that are silicone-based. A very common mistake that we see beauty companies make is calling silicone-based mascara “waterproof”. In reality, these mascaras should be considered “water-resistant”. They will repel water in small quantities but they are not designed to go swimming. The only brand of mascara of this type that comes to mind right now is: Avon’s Wash-Off Mascara. With the exception of this one, all other waterproof mascaras that they make are oil based and they should stay on longer if used in a moist environment. <P> The most obvious thing that will change from one waterproof mascara to the next is going to be the brush. Some companies use a nylon-bristle brush while others (in more recent times) are switching to rubber-bristle brushes (these help minimize clumping and make application easier). Other than that, most waterproof mascaras out there (regardless of the brand) are pretty much the same. <P>Although I am not a Mary Kay user (because I am a guy) and I have never worked for that particular company, I can tell you that they have a very good product line. It is true that their mascaras (as well as most other brands) where known to cause allergic reactions in some users many years ago, that is no longer the case. The most common case for allergic reactions was an adverse reaction to the fungicide used in these products but these days all companies have switched to Methilparaben which is a much milder fungicide and is not known to cause any reaction in humans. I just consider Mary Kay’s line to be somewhat overpriced but, nevertheless, they do have a good quality product line. <P>Like I said before, most mascaras (regardless of the brand) are basically the same product packaged differently. When it comes to mascaras there is absolutely no reason to spend $12 on a product that you should replace within 90 days; any $5 dollar oil-based waterproof mascara should solve your dilemma. <P>Another issue that you have to consider is application; and maybe this is where your problem lies. It is possible that you are over applying the product which in many cases is the culprit when we see smudges. Another thing to consider (I am giving you a trade secret here) is that you can use a base for your mascara (very much the same way that you use foundation for your facial makeup).

Zonny
08-03-2007, 14:30
Wow!! cysoto. I think we're gonna like you hanging out here with us 'girls';)

So....what kind of "base for your mascara" and how do we keep our lipstick on?

cysoto
08-03-2007, 19:39
I will start by saying that waterproof mascara is great to use on some occasions where you know that your lashes will be exposed to water or tears. I normally recommend it for weddings or emotional events where you don’t want smudged mascara showing up in the families’ photo album. Also if you are going to the pool and you want to look fabulous. For everyday use I recommend using non-waterproof mascara. The problem with using waterproof mascara on a daily basis is that it is harder to remove and, even when using an eye-makeup remover, you still end up pulling them out (or maybe even breaking them) if you scrub too hard. <P>To extend the life of the mascara and minimize smudges you can apply a powder to the lashes between applications. In other words, apply a LIGHT coat of mascara; apply a little bit of powder to the lashes with a Q-tip (you can use loose powder foundation but don’t use a mineral foundation because it will not work the same way); and finally, apply your mascara by starting at the base and moving upward at a 90 degree angle. Wiggle the brush a little bit as you are applying to ensure that your lashes won’t stick together. <P>Applying the lipstick is even easier. Apply the same foundation that use for the rest of your face (either liquid or mousse foundation) over your lips and set it with a light powder coat. Blot your lips. You can choose to apply a lip liner at this point (although I would recommend applying it after the lipstick). Apply your lipstick; blot out excess and reapply if necessary. At this point is when you should apply your liner since it helps to blend the lipstick color with the liner color (which never seem to be a perfect match) as well as preventing the lipstick from“feathering”.

Mrs. VR
08-03-2007, 20:08
ok, what do you recommend for red spots? I use the new eucerin redness relief lotion with my daily lotion and green tinted powder, but I have some slight sun damage and broken blood vessels on my top lip and i NEVER feel like they're covered, but I dont like heavy makeup. And BOY I'm glad you popped in here :supergrin:

cysoto
08-03-2007, 23:05
I have met several people that, for years, have tried to conceal red spots on their cheeks, nose, and forehead using every product under the Sun. Years later they find out that what they have is a somewhat common condition called Rosacea (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosacea) which is easily treatable by your dermatologist. I am going to assume that you have already talked to your doctor about this redness and that he/she has determined that what you have is not Rosacea. If this is the case then we have several options to deal with this redness. <p>The first option is concealment; in which case Eucerin is a good choice. This product has a green base that “cancels” out the red skin tone leaving behind a “radiant” look. I believe that some (if not all) of their Redness Reducing products contain an ingredient derived from licorice (yes, the candy) called Licochalcone . This product has been known to serve as an anti-inflammatory agent and is sometimes prescribed to people who have been diagnosed with Rosacea. I don’t know if the concentration of this ingredient as found in Eucerin is enough to be of significant help but, it’s better than using nothing. <P>A couple of other things that can help you minimize the appearance of the red spots is to use sunblock (every day, if possible). The Eucerin facial moisturizer has SPF 15 and that is good. Another simple step is to minimize the intake of alcohol and caffeine since they are both vasodilators and they can increase the redness. Check the ingredient list on your beauty care products; some companies add caffeine to their products (which is actually not necessarily a bad thing for most users; but this is not the case for those with very fair-toned skin or who suffer from redness). <P>The second option is to try to eliminate the redness (but I have to disclose to you that this is easier said than done). There are several “skin brighteners” out there that will help minimize the redness, and "repair" the sun damage (freckles, sun-spots, livers-spots, etc), and the broken capillaries. Some of these are going to help reduce the production of melanin (the substance responsible for our skin tone) and others will help remove outer layers of our skin to “polish” out our skin tone. The most commonly used one is Hydroquinone which is prescribed to suppress pigmentation in order to lighten hyperpigmented areas. Then we have Alpha-Hydroxy Acids (AHA’s) such as glycolic acid to help exfoliate the skin which in turn promotes the creation of new cells. You can also find products with Vitamin C (many times indicated as Ascorbic Acid) which some scientist claim that it helps to minimize the appearance of capillaries near the skin’s surface. And of course, there is always the laser treatment which is probably the most widely used method to reverse most of the issues that we have talked about. <P> It is impossible for me to recommend any one method without looking at your skin in person but, in any case, I would still recommend that you make an appointment with your local dermatologist and discuss the issues that we have talked about here. I know that they can easily get rid of broken capillaries as well as other issues related to excessive exposure to the Sun. Hey and best of all, on most cases the treatment is covered by your medical insurance.

Mrs. Tink
08-04-2007, 15:39
Many companies, including Mary Kay, have such products as Eye Primers and Lip Primers so that you can have a smoother "base" on which to apply your color products. These products have some common ingredients with foundations, which is probably why foundation works well as a primer too. The primers, however, are colorless, while foundation is not. It's entirely up to the customer which they prefer; one is not necessarily better than the other.

As for some cosmetic lines being overpriced, I think that depends on a few things. Where is the manufacturing plant and how is the quality control? Where is the end product sold--the drugstore/grocery store? The department store? How much does the advertising cost? Is there any advertising? Finally, does the consumer find a difference between drugstore lines and more upscale lines? Companies such as Mary Kay, Clinique and Estee Lauder offer more specialized and customized product lines and usually offer customized consultations for individual customers. That's one of the things you get for your $12 mascara. For your $5 mascara, you have to hope it looks good (since you can't try it before you buy it) and maybe battle an unfriendly return policy if you don't like it.

I also wanted to point out that men use Mary Kay, too. We have a men's skin care and fragrance line, and some men even use the regular line. So don't rule it out completely. :supergrin:

Mrs. VR
08-04-2007, 15:42
Cysoto, thanks. I actually just saw the dermatologist about a month ago, and she says it's just my skin tone. Although I do have rosey cheeks, the real issue is just right over my lip. To actually get rid of it, i'd have to do laser treatements, which really doesnt appeal to me at this point. Maybe someday I'll get tired enough of covering it up. Meanwhile, I'll just continue what i've been doing with the green based products. So far, no one has said i look like a martian ;)

While I have you though...do you ever use the dermablend products for your clients? (I assume you're a makeup artist, please correct me if I'm wrong!) I have used them in the past, but they never seem to have a light enough color. Why do all the makeup ads show these incredibly pale women, and then you go to buy the stuff, and NOTHING is light enough? SURELY there are plenty of other fair skinned redheads out there with the same issue! :rant: :supergrin:

Patricia
08-05-2007, 10:17
Wow, there is some great info in this thread!

I have decided to try the Mary Kay products through Mrs. Tink. I'll let you all know how it works out for me.

MrsKitty
08-05-2007, 12:40
Cysoto, thanks. I actually just saw the dermatologist about a month ago, and she says it's just my skin tone. Although I do have rosey cheeks, the real issue is just right over my lip. To actually get rid of it, i'd have to do laser treatements, which really doesnt appeal to me at this point. Maybe someday I'll get tired enough of covering it up. Meanwhile, I'll just continue what i've been doing with the green based products. So far, no one has said i look like a martian ;)

While I have you though...do you ever use the dermablend products for your clients? (I assume you're a makeup artist, please correct me if I'm wrong!) I have used them in the past, but they never seem to have a light enough color. Why do all the makeup ads show these incredibly pale women, and then you go to buy the stuff, and NOTHING is light enough? SURELY there are plenty of other fair skinned redheads out there with the same issue! :rant: :supergrin:

I am not a "fair skinned redhead" but my foundation looks like white paint in the bottle, too. I cannot count how many times I have tried what the person behind the counter or selling if it was Mary Kay/Beauticontrol suggested and had it look GREAT for about six seconds. Not once has one of them been able to pick a shade light enough for me.

I also hate heavy makeup. I feel like I am smothering. Ick. It took me about half a second to fall in love with the mineral powders when they hit drugstores. I had wanted to try Bare Minerals for years but based on my past problems finding anything light enough I knew that chances are it wouldn't work for me.

The one thing I really want is a moist lipstick in a shade similar to the Sunburst Coral in Cover Girl's Luminous line I wore when I was in high school :crying:

Oh, the lip thing! How long have you been on Seasonale now? I had that issue but after being on it six months or so, it went away on its own! Maybe you will get lucky, too!

Mrs. VR
08-05-2007, 17:22
Jen, I've been on it a year now. The dermatologist says that once the vessels break, there's nothing to do short of laser. :ack:

MrsKitty
08-05-2007, 17:40
Well, damn. Guess that really narrows down the options, huh? :sad:

Mrs. VR
08-05-2007, 18:29
Originally posted by misskitty5077
Well, damn. Guess that really narrows down the options, huh? :sad: it ain't easy bein' green :supergrin:

cysoto
08-06-2007, 21:30
While I have you though...do you ever use the dermablend products for your clients?

Hi Mrs. VR <p>Sorry it took me so long to reply (I have not been home in the past few days). <p>I have seen the Dermablend line in the dept. stores and I have seen ads for it on TV but I have never used them.

Mrs. VR
08-07-2007, 06:22
well, if ya ever come accross anything that's truly truly FAIR, let us know, will ya? :supergrin: :hugs:

kcb
08-07-2007, 19:24
I bought IMAC products mainly for my daughter's wedding. They blend nice and you don't feel like you are wearing makeup at all. I believe it is mineral base as well.

BUT I have to find something else when I replace it because it was WAY too expensive for my pocket book!

I liked the clean feeling and not feeling like I had something heavy on my face.

That is something I need to do this week, too! I need to throw away what I've got and get all new. What I paid for it all is going to be tough to do! :alex:

:sigh: It would have been nice to have just been born beautiful with gorgeous skin and eyes and never have to worry about any of this!

:sad: But that didn't happen to me!

:rofl:

So, make-up counters, here I come!!!!

fnfalman
08-08-2007, 18:06
Have you ladies checked with Clinique and Dior for waterproof or water resistant cosmetics yet?

Patricia
08-08-2007, 20:56
I tried the Mary Kay waterproof mascara (and the remover), and LOVE it!!!! I'm sold. Mrs Tink, I'm gonna try again to send you a PM (your inbox was full the other day). I think I need to try some eye shadow next. :supergrin:

MB-G26
08-09-2007, 01:48
I've been devoted pretty much to the Bare Escentials (they use a wierd spelling) "mineral makeup" for some time, but I've never used that line's mascera. Plus, I don't use waterproof mascera - so I really don't know much about the different brands of them.

Sharon, have you ever checked into the Bare Escentials stuff? IIRC they do have some pretty light foundations plus some new 'cover up' loose mineral products, too.

Lynn D
08-11-2007, 14:09
Mmmm....if I could find a good waterproof mascara.....Or at least, friends who would tell me if I had smudges.....

Right now, I'm using a brand that I bought at Sephora. It's called "Too Faced Lash Injection". While I'd prefer it in brown/black, they only had black. It's pretty good. Maybe a little of a smudge by the time I've worked a 12 hour day, but what the heck.

As for foundation (and health and beauty in general), I am a fair skinned person who is allergic to FORMALDEHYDE. Yup. And it's in a lot of health/beauty products. So, I've searched long and hard to find stuff that doesn't give me problems. Bare Minerals was too dark (even the lightest color) and made me break out.

I've been using Max Factor's liquid foundation for a long time, in shade #2, but it's hard finding it here....I buy it when I see it.

Mrs. VR
08-11-2007, 17:50
Originally posted by MB-G26
I've been devoted pretty much to the Bare Escentials (they use a wierd spelling) "mineral makeup" for some time, but I've never used that line's mascera. Plus, I don't use waterproof mascera - so I really don't know much about the different brands of them.

Sharon, have you ever checked into the Bare Escentials stuff? IIRC they do have some pretty light foundations plus some new 'cover up' loose mineral products, too. I **THINK** my SIL's bf was gonna start carrying that line, i'll have to ask him. He's a makeup artist, I suppose I could just ask him to find me something, duh!

MB-G26
08-11-2007, 20:11
You could always go to an Alta or Sophora store, and have them 'make you up' with the Bare Escentials stuff. That way you could see for sure whether the lighter products would work for you ;)

BrassInPocket
08-11-2007, 21:31
You could always go to an Alta or Sophora store, and have them 'make you up' with the Bare Escentials stuff.

I always wondered if those ladies at the counter make you pay for them to do that? I would be embarrassed to do that with everyone walking by. :)

kcb
08-12-2007, 09:39
Originally posted by BrassInPocket
I always wondered if those ladies at the counter make you pay for them to do that? I would be embarrassed to do that with everyone walking by. :)

Oh that's fun to do!

But the first time I did that was in high school at Merle Norman Cosmetics.

My best friend and I went on a Saturday afternoon, and we both had dates that night. We looked like "ladies of the evening" when we
came out of there! Now, I do like Merle Norman, but needless to say, on a much less level!!!

I think both of our parents made us wash our faces before we went out that night! :rofl:

But it is fun to have a makeover at a cosmetics store!

Patricia
08-12-2007, 10:26
Originally posted by Lynn D
Mmmm....if I could find a good waterproof mascara.....Or at least, friends who would tell me if I had smudges.....

Lynn, I encourage you to try the Mary Kay one. I've tried MANY, and this is the only one that didn't leave me with smudges. Be sure to get their remover with it though.

Lynn D
08-12-2007, 19:35
Originally posted by Patricia
Lynn, I encourage you to try the Mary Kay one. I've tried MANY, and this is the only one that didn't leave me with smudges. Be sure to get their remover with it though.

Pashisha -

One of the nurses I work with (you'd be surprised how many "Mary Kay Ladies" are nurses!), got me the appropriate mascara. Smudged and flaked all over. Right now, my mainstay is Clinique, which does smudge but not nearly so much as some of the other brands. :sigh:

sweetatergal
08-13-2007, 11:22

+1 here with the Bare Essentials/Minerals!!!! I've been using it just about a year to 1 1/2 years. I really like it. SG turned me onto it. Since we both have such oily skin and it is hard to find any kind of sunscreen to put on our faces without breaking us out.

We just got a Sephoria store at one of our new malls and now word has it that we are getting a Bare Essentials store there too!!!! :banana: :banana: :banana: Now I won't have to mail order! :thumbsup:

fnfalman
08-14-2007, 00:45
Originally posted by Lynn D
Right now, my mainstay is Clinique, which does smudge but not nearly so much as some of the other brands. :sigh:

The nice thing about Clinique products is that they are usually very hypoallergenic. I have yet to know a woman who uses Clinique and had complaned about skin inflamations or irritations.

Just for the records, I'm not gay, nor am I bi-curious. I like hot chicks and I gotta know what they like.:hearts: