Charter Lifetime Memberships Available [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Charter Lifetime Memberships Available

Eric
08-01-2007, 11:33
Quoted from the GT shopping cart:
We are offering 100 Charter Lifetime Memberships at $250 each. If all one hundred of these sell, they will generate enough income by themselves to upgrade/replace all of GT's equipment that needs attention. The funds raised by the other membership levels could then be dedicated to monthly expenses.

I will not offer a general lifetime membership option, but there may be limited number yearly offerings of lifetime memberships in the future, to cover equipment costs. There will only ever be these one hundred Charter Lifetime Memberships. They will have the same access and privileges of a platinum membership, plus I want to think of a couple of extra perks for these members, but haven't got anything firm yet. This membership level will have a special icon and the membership will be transferable.

Any of these memberships that don't sell by the end of August will be given away in a drawing during the month of September. A few of them will also be set aside to give to deserving members here that folks here nominate. If all one hundred sell, I will offer ten addition Charter Lifetime Memberships for the above-mentioned purposes.

The icons for this membership level will be numbered in the order the orders are received. The numbers will be assigned in the order the memberships' payments were received, so if you are paying by check or money order, please submit payment quickly. Any orders still outstanding when the last number is assigned will be voided and the customer's check/money order will be mailed back to them.

If you have already purchased another membership, you can use the option list below and the cost of that membership will be deducted from the cost of this one. Please give us the date you bought the other membership and an order number is you can, if the comments field when you check out.

I took bits and pieces of ideas others came up with here concerning this and made something that I think is workable. I don't think that having open-ended lifetime memberships would be in the site's best interest, but a limited number of them have some appeal.

I have it set up so that if you have already purchased another membership, you can choose the level you bought in a dropdown list and the cost will be deducted from the total. Here is a link: http://shop.glocktalk.com/product_info.php/cPath/13/products_id/34 . Thanks again to everyone. Eric

<b><font color="red">Edited to Change The Number of CLM's Being Offered To 100</font></b>

PeterJasonMN
08-01-2007, 11:44
Eric,

I'll send you a PM in a second. My emails never seem to go through to you.

Eric
08-01-2007, 11:54
Membership number 1 was just sold and assigned. Thanks again folks. I feel better about things than I have in a long time. This is starting to look like it is going to work. Eric

HerrGlock
08-01-2007, 12:06
Originally posted by Eric
Membership number 1 was just sold and assigned. Thanks again folks. I feel better about things than I have in a long time. This is starting to look like it is going to work. Eric

So, who got it? Hmm?

Or did you keep that one for yourself? :supergrin:

Eric
08-01-2007, 12:09
Originally posted by HerrGlock
So, who got it? Hmm?

Or did you keep that one for yourself? :supergrin:

Nope, I left it up for grabs. I will ask the winner if he minds his user name being announced. Eric

freepatriot
08-01-2007, 12:14
Congrats to the first lifetime member

HerrGlock
08-01-2007, 12:19
'Taint me, but here's to the winner:

:banana: :banana: :banana: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :exercise: :exercise: :exercise: :wave:

lcarreau
08-01-2007, 12:28
I am betting its Okie.

-Lonnie

G19Tony
08-01-2007, 12:31
Just upgraded my Platinum to a Life member. What do I win? :supergrin:

I really enjoy this site and have met some fine people from the OAF. I've even learned a thing or two about guns. :banana:

HerrGlock
08-01-2007, 12:31
Originally posted by lcarreau
I am betting its Okie.

-Lonnie

That's my guess too.

RussP
08-01-2007, 12:32
Congrats to the first to step up!!!

:cool:

umc
08-01-2007, 12:57
Posted this in some other thread around here but I guess I'll post it here as well.

Eric, a couple raffles ago you mentioned that you would give a year of tier membership for every 100 dollars in tickets someone bought, do you still plan on honoring that and if so could that be deducted from a CLM?

pupcuss27
08-01-2007, 13:31
The GlockTalk Lifetime membership cost is a lot less than

an "NRA Lifetime Membership". And as quoted above, I've

also have learned a thing or two about guns on our site!!! :thumbsup:

umc
08-01-2007, 13:34
Originally posted by pupcuss27
The GlockTalk Lifetime membership cost is a lot less than

an "NRA Lifetime Membership". And as quoted above, I've

also have learned a thing or two about guns on our site!!! :thumbsup:

I agree and probably get more out of this site than I do the NRA site, however, (I like to think) the NRA is working for me on 2nd amendment issues and I get the American Rifleman magazine and will for life. :)

I don't think you can compare the two.

Alan
08-01-2007, 14:44
Eric,

I've been around GT for a long time and I've learned a great deal from it and the people who frequent here.

PayPal payment sent for a Charter Lifetime Membership.
Hope it helps a little bit and keep up the great work!

MikeG22
08-01-2007, 14:52
My payment is sent. Maybe we should get a "Chartered" airplane flight for a party at Eric's!!

SS Dangit!
08-01-2007, 15:29
I'm in!

$250.00 for a lifetime of abuse by cops, pot smokers and self righteous CCW holders, what a deal!

PayPal sent.

Thanks for all your hard work Eric.

zeke013
08-01-2007, 15:48
Money sent via the store front.

Thanks Eric!

Zeke

HerrGlock
08-01-2007, 15:52
I'm curious how many ya got left, Eric. Don't much care who got them, just that they're got.

Unlocked
08-01-2007, 16:00
PM sent Eric.

Cclass
08-01-2007, 16:35
I just upgraded from Platinum to Charter Life. :banana:

I'm number 16 for anyone wondering how many are left. Keep in mind people may have money orders in the mail.

zeke013
08-01-2007, 16:44
Originally posted by Cclass
I'm number 16 for anyone wondering how many are left.

How did you find out your #?

Alan
08-01-2007, 16:48
Originally posted by zeke013
How did you find out your #?

I got mine in an email entitled "Order Update".

zeke013
08-01-2007, 16:50
Originally posted by Alan
I got mine in an email entitled "Order Update".

Thanks - I just checked - I got #14.

SS Dangit!
08-01-2007, 16:53
Anybody else have trouble with the storefront not redirecting you after you got your Pay Pal confirmation?

Alan
08-01-2007, 16:55
What I think is great is that at this point, we know at LEAST 14 CLMs have been purchased. I hope Eric will continue to be pleasantly surprised at just how many people will support him in this endeavor.

:thumbsup:

Cclass
08-01-2007, 17:03
What I think is great is that at this point, we know at LEAST 14 CLMs have been purchased. I hope Eric will continue to be pleasantly surprised at just how many people will support him in this endeavor.

Make that at LEAST 16. ;)

Eric
08-01-2007, 17:06
22 have been purchased so far and sixteen have already been paid for. Eric

Alan
08-01-2007, 17:09

22?!? That's awesome! :banana:

SS Dangit!
08-01-2007, 17:10

Did you get my PM's regarding the problem Eric?

harleyfx69
08-01-2007, 17:11
hey eric, like i said before i cant really afford a membership right now ..

but i can give my 2 cents ..

for the people that donate the lifetime member gig ..

could you maybe get a special shirt like lifetime glocktalk member ?

or just a glocktalk tshirt or hat for them ?

maybe something nifty .. dunno though .. proceed on with your regularly scheduled thread ..:supergrin:

zeke013
08-01-2007, 17:12
22?!? That's awesome! :banana:

No kidding! And to think that they were going to be available until the end of the month. Looks like they'll be gone by this weekend!

HerrGlock
08-01-2007, 17:14
No kidding! And to think that they were going to be available until the end of the month. Looks like they'll be gone by this weekend!

I hope so.

Alan
08-01-2007, 17:14

It certainly looks as if the response is overwhelming.
I predict that all 50 will be gone by this time tomorrow evening.

Doc Holliday
08-01-2007, 17:19
So how many are going to offered, total?

I see here you may go to 60, but on the order page it states:

"After some consideration, we have added fifty Charter Lifetime Memberships to the mix. These are being offered to raise money to handle our server upgrades and replacements. Once they sell, they are gone forever."

JimBianchi
08-01-2007, 17:55
Platinum to CLM done!

:banana: :banana:

Debob
08-01-2007, 17:57
glad to be offered a place in such a GREAT site. CLM for me.:) :wavey:

Jefs
08-01-2007, 18:14
Just bumped it up to CLM from Platinum.

Norman
08-01-2007, 18:45
<--- Proud Charter Lifetime Member of GlockTalk :thumbsup:

Jefs
08-01-2007, 18:54
Whew, they're going like hotcakes! Get 'em while they last, boys (and gals).

Doc Holliday
08-01-2007, 19:02
Anyone have an update so far?

bigj480
08-01-2007, 19:34
I got one, thank you for this forum!:rock:

MooseJaw
08-01-2007, 19:35
I'm in..

Thanks, Eric

Best of Luck!!

umc
08-01-2007, 19:46
With this great CLM response, I'm going to guess that number gets bumped from 60 to 100 and then maybe 500 depending on how quick those 100 go.;)

Fraggle09027
08-01-2007, 19:57
Hey Eric,
Funds are tight, but I just transfered 1/2 to paypal, If all the lifetime memberships don;t go by the end of august. can they possibly be held to the end of sept for purchase?

Either way you will have my support, Thanks for the great site.

Nicky D
08-01-2007, 20:06
I am not on here as much as I use to, but I have learned alot and saved/spent alot because of GT. I signed up for a charter membership, thanks Eric for all of the hard work and effort you put into GT.

sdsnet
08-01-2007, 20:19
I just purchased a lifetime membership.

G19Tony
08-01-2007, 21:25
CLM #3 WoOt :banana:

Now... Back to the OAF. :outtahere:

Usingmyrights
08-01-2007, 21:37
If I had the money I would. Unfortunately I don't have an extra $250 right now.

jetboatdriver
08-01-2007, 22:39
Upgraded my Platinum to CLife Time
Thanks for the site Eric

Eric
08-01-2007, 22:40
Folks, I am floored by the response to these CLM's. It hasn't even been a day and all but 3 have already sold. I thought that they would be selling all month, if they all sold at all. It seems I have underestimated everyone's response and support.

Judging by the response to this offering, there are certainly more than fifty people out there that want one of the CLM memberships. Would it bug anyone if we bumped the number of CLM's be offered up to 75 or 100? We could certainly put the additional funds to good use. The one concern I have had with this new system is that there would be a strong initial response and then some lean months later. If we had the extra funds banked, it would insulate us against a cold winter. We could also use some of the extra money raised to buy some really nice prizes for a giveaway next month.

If there is a strong general objection to extending this offer, we will hold off. Otherwise, I will go ahead and do so. I am overwhelmed by everyone's support and generosity. I will do everything in my power to make this new system something worthy of your friendship and support. You folks are the best. Eric

jetboatdriver
08-01-2007, 22:43
Folks, I am floored by the response to these CLM's. It hasn't even been a day and all but 3 have already sold. I thought that they would be selling all month, if they all sold at all. It seems I have underestimated everyone's response and support.

Judging by the response to this offering, there are certainly more than fifty people out there that want one of the CLM memberships. Would it bug anyone if we bumped the number of CLM's be offered up to 75 or 100? We could certainly put the additional funds to good use. The one concern I have had with this new system is that there would be a strong initial response and then some lean months later. If we had the extra funds banked, it would insulate us against a cold winter. We could also use some of the extra money raised to buy some really nice prizes for a giveaway next month.

If there is a strong general objection to extending this offer, we will hold off. Otherwise, I will go ahead and do so. I am overwhelmed by everyone's support and generosity. I will do everything in my power to make this new system something worthy of your friendship and support. You folks are the best. Eric

I have no problem with it

GPalmer
08-01-2007, 22:50
Well another one bites the dust! As the newest charter member I have no objections to more memberships being offered...

Poppa Bear
08-01-2007, 23:13
Any of these memberships that don't sell by the end of August will be given away in a drawing during the month of September. A few of them will also be set aside to give to deserving members here that folks here nominate. If all fifty sell,I will offer ten addition Charter Lifetime Memberships for the above-mentioned purposes .

I do not have a problem with the number increasing to 75 or maybe even 100, BUT I think we do need a definitive cap on the number of Charter Members and not have a "Well these have been selling well, I think we should increase the number again" situation. That reduces the sense of contribution made by the original 50 CLM's (Now to possibly be 75 or 100)

Eric
08-01-2007, 23:24
Originally posted by Poppa Bear
I do not have a problem with the number increasing to 75 or maybe even 100, BUT I think we do need a definitive cap on the number of Charter Members and not have a "Well these have been selling well, I think we should increase the number again" situation. That reduces the sense of contribution made by the original 50 CLM's (Now to possibly be 75 or 100)

I agree. This would be the only bump. I originally planned on offering 100 CLM's, but I didn't think there would be enough interest to sustain that many sales. Like I said, I underestimated the interest in them. I haven't even email all the members on the site to let them know about these memberships being available though and they are already about sold out. I don't think that raising the number of memberships to 100 will hurt the exclusivity of these memberships, but I think there may be some hard feelings by those that didn't get a chance to by one, if they are only available for one day. I won't make a decision on this until more people have had a chance to respond to this in the morning. Eric

mgcchkn
08-01-2007, 23:27
I know this is a community of firearms enthusiasts, but it's also a business and I understand that money has to be made to keep it running. Feel free to extend the Charter member program as long as you want. Just as long as it doesn't cheapen the experience of being a Charter member.

On another note, I paid for my Charter membership about 6 hours ago and still haven't seen the email everyone is talking about that has their member number on it.

I may not be a big contributor to the site or spend much time here, but I support the site wholeheartedly and think you guys are doing a great thing here and I feel it was worth my money to get into this "exclusive" club of Charter members while supporting one of the best firearms sites on the net.

Thanks for doing this.
Eric

Eric
08-01-2007, 23:29
Originally posted by mgcchkn
I know this is a community of firearms enthusiasts, but it's also a business and I understand that money has to be made to keep it running. Feel free to extend the Charter member program as long as you want. Just as long as it doesn't cheapen the experience of being a Charter member.

On another note, I paid for my Charter membership about 6 hours ago and still haven't seen the email everyone is talking about that has their member number on it.

I may not be a big contributor to the site or spend much time here, but I support the site wholeheartedly and think you guys are doing a great thing here and I feel it was worth my money to get into this "exclusive" club of Charter members while supporting one of the best firearms sites on the net.

Thanks for doing this.
Eric

I am assigning the numbers manually and the response to this offering has me backlogged. I'll get things caught up tomorrow. Thanks. Eric

mgcchkn
08-01-2007, 23:31
I am assigning the numbers manually and the response to this offering has me backlogged. I'll get things caught up tomorrow. Thanks. Eric

Cool, didn't know if there might've been a technical issue or something.

Thanks for doing this. Keep up the good work.

Eric

GPalmer
08-01-2007, 23:31
I have to agree with your point there Eric. I would have been unhappy if I didn't get a shot at one. I haven't been around and just happened to wander in and see the banner otherwise I would have missed out.

Poppa Bear
08-01-2007, 23:37
I don't think that raising the number of memberships to 100 will hurt the exclusivity of these memberships, but I think there may be some hard feelings by those that didn't get a chance to buy one, if they are only available for one day.

I Agree!! Owning one of the first 50 because I logged on and made the commitment right away has special meaning, but there are several who have not made that commitment yet only because they have not logged on yet or do not have the financial means to make that commitment for a couple more days.

Like many, I am glad to see so many put their money towards a good cause. 100 CLM's total gives many that chance.

Doc Holliday
08-01-2007, 23:50
100 sounds like a good number.

I agree it shouldn't keep getting pushed back.

LV 702
08-02-2007, 00:02
Eric, PM sent.:thumbsup:

insanity.
08-02-2007, 00:05
I'm not a big poster, but im a Lifetime Charter Member!

Cclass
08-02-2007, 04:01
I have no problem with a CLM bump. 100 seems like a nice round number to me.

Norman
08-02-2007, 04:15
Originally posted by Cclass
I have no problem with a CLM bump. 100 seems like a nice round number to me.

+1

Moonfish
08-02-2007, 04:18

100 is fine... no problems here. I'm not opposed to holding open enrolement once a year for additional CLMs in limited quantities... CLM07, CLM08 designations. New folks comming in would also want to support, and show their commitment to, the fine work of this community. Just an idea.

HerrGlock
08-02-2007, 04:29
100's a good round number :thumbsup:

Jefs
08-02-2007, 04:52
By all means bump up the limit to 100. I haven't been around GT as much as usual as I've been pursuing other interests, and I feel lucky to have gotten the chance to grab a CLM before they were sold out (they DID sell like hotcakes). The first thing I thought when I first saw CLM's offered (I'd just gone platinum (sounds kinda cool saying that, eh?)) was folks should be mailed about this and given the opportunity before it's too late. I think 'feelers' should be put out next time to gauge the potential level of support.

Anyway, I'm glad there IS so much support for GT and 100 sounds like a good number to me.

umc
08-02-2007, 05:12
Originally posted by umc
With this great CLM response, I'm going to guess that number gets bumped from 60 to 100 and then maybe 500 depending on how quick those 100 go.;)

Boy I sure hate to quote myself but I must be physco or something.:supergrin:

I think 100 Charter's is good but for the next 500 make them "regular" life members at a rate of 200.00. I don't think you should use Charter Life Memberships as a prize though, it takes away some of the exclusivity of it for us paying CLM's ;)

One last note on that additional 50, I think it would be a good idea to announce the opening up of 50 more CLM's and let it be known that they are and will be the last 50 ever offered and set a date like, Monday (or something) that they will be released, just to give fair warning... It might be good for giving the warning and a way to sell all 50 in less than an hour.:)

Jefs
08-02-2007, 05:32
Originally posted by umc

Yep, when I saw your post, umc, I thought the limit should be transcended and bumped to 100. I thought Eric is a great and capable guy, but, boy, did he flub the estimate - he must be kicking himself now. :supergrin: Well, still time to correct and get the emails out.

HerrGlock
08-02-2007, 05:34
Originally posted by Jefs
Yep, when I saw your post, umc, I thought the limit should be transcended and bumped to 100. I thought Eric is a great and capable guy, but, boy, did he flub the estimate - he must be kicking himself now. Well, still time to correct and get the emails out.

It's the one time Eric's glad as all hell he was wrong :supergrin:

G19Tony
08-02-2007, 07:00
100 is a nice round number. :thumbsup:

mouser
08-02-2007, 07:20
Just upgraded to CLM... Eric, it's a great site, I can't begin to put into words how much it's helped me learn.
Keep up the good work.

Alan
08-02-2007, 07:20
Eric,

This is your house and we are just guests. Do what needs to be done to keep this great place up and running.

I will go ahead and vow to do all I can for you if things get lean later on down the line.

Eric
08-02-2007, 08:55
OK folks, 100 CLM's it is. Thanks again to everyone. Eric

KeithS
08-02-2007, 08:57
Just upgraded from Platinum.

Usingmyrights
08-02-2007, 09:21
Eric, I'd like to upgrade to a CLM but don't have the extra cash right now. Any way I can put an extra $20 on my platnium and get a couple months to pay the rest? I know thats asking alot, but hopefully the next 50 won't go as quickly and we can work something out.

ArtificialGrape
08-02-2007, 10:33
Originally posted by umc
I don't think you should use Charter Life Memberships as a prize though, it takes away some of the exclusivity of it for us paying CLM's ;)
Though I don't know that I'll be able to take advantage of this CLM offering, I do agree with this sentiment.

Perhaps nominations and prizes of Honorary Life Member (HLM).

sablair
08-02-2007, 11:29
joined as CLM last night at 20:40 PDT. With all this traffic, not even sure I made the 50 member cutoff.

EASTTEXGLOCKER
08-02-2007, 11:49
GOING TO 100 WAS GOOD, WILL GIVE THE OTHER ( GT ) TIME TO HAVE A CHANCE TO RESPOND.

Shooters Plus
08-02-2007, 12:37
I tend to go through life confused but why even put a limit on CLM's?
So the first 100 has bragging rights? What about the people who join 6 months from now that may want to be a Lifetime member?

Doc Holliday
08-02-2007, 13:17
Originally posted by uncle z
I tend to go through life confused but why even put a limit on CLM's?
So the first 100 has bragging rights? What about the people who join 6 months from now that may want to be a Lifetime member?

They get the regular 'Lifetime Member'...

It's not bragging rights or elitism to have 'Charter' in there, it simply shows the first 100 who got on board while this was kicking off. Doesn't give them superpowers or special 'immunity from prosecution' if they break the rules in here, but I do think it's necessary to limit a 'Charter' sign-up period.

Make it 100, and then cut it off. It won't reflect well upon the administration of this board to keep the 'Charter' membership offer going on and on and on...

Shooters Plus
08-02-2007, 13:21
Originally posted by 360
They get the regular 'Lifetime Member'...

It's not bragging rights or elitism to have 'Charter' in there, it simply shows the first 100 who got on board while this was kicking off. Doesn't give them superpowers or special 'immunity from prosecution' if they break the rules in here, but I do think it's necessary to limit a 'Charter' sign-up period.

Make it 100, and then cut it off. It won't reflect well upon the administration of this board to keep the 'Charter' membership offer going on and on and on...

Ahh... I didn't notice the Regular Lifetime Membership.
Thanks.

Doc Holliday
08-02-2007, 13:24
Thanks.

Hey, it could happen, and it's an option that should be available...maybe $200 for one of those?

You're welcome. ;)

Unlocked
08-02-2007, 13:33
Thanks.

In the first post Eric made starting this thread it says....

I will not offer a general lifetime membership option, but there may be limited number yearly offerings of lifetime memberships in the future, to cover equipment costs.

I believe this initial CLM offer is to give this new tier system a kick start and that there is no promise of a lifetime option in the future. At least that's the way I read it.

cousinelmer1
08-02-2007, 13:34
Eric
Sent you an email. :banana:

Raden
08-02-2007, 13:53
Sent Paypal for my CLM lastnight... Glad to help support this great forum.

slo-mo
08-02-2007, 15:44
My check for a CLM is going out tomorrow. PayPal doesn't like me anymore - :supergrin:

Hope I make the deadline!

Jefs
08-02-2007, 15:49
Originally posted by Jefs
Whew, they're going like hotcakes! Get 'em while they last, boys (and gals).

I hate it when I have to quote myself, but there you have it!
Good work making GT stronger, folks :thumbsup: .

sablair
08-02-2007, 16:20
Now it may just be that Eric is inundated with e-paperwork, but I am curious to know will I receive any confirmation regarding my CLM status other than the PayPal receipt I received when I ordered?

Thanks,

Steph

SS Dangit!
08-02-2007, 16:29
Originally posted by sablair
Now it may just be that Eric is inundated with e-paperwork, but I am curious to know will I receive any confirmation regarding my CLM status other than the PayPal receipt I received when I ordered?

Thanks,

Steph

It is supposed to bring you back to the GT page for a confirmation, but I and others have had the same problem you are experiencing. My suggestion to others has been to PM Eric with a copy of your Pay Pal confirmation and then be patient (although I wasn't:) .

It took about 24 hours for mine to get squared away.

I believe you are correct, that this membership drive is covering him up with extra work.:wavey:

Jefs
08-02-2007, 16:30
Originally posted by sablair

Thanks,

Steph

If we have our PayPal receipts are we not golden? I'm assuming I'm good to go (cliche-ridden, though I be) and Eric will mail out CLM #'s when all is said and done.

Oops, had me scared there a bit. I just checked and have a receipt from Eric dated yesterday. Whew!

mgcchkn
08-02-2007, 18:24
I paid for the CLM yesterday afternoon at 16:40 and the store says my order is still pending so I haven't gotten my CLM number yet. :( I'm sure Eric's working on it, but I hope I didn't lose my number. :)

nhjsg
08-02-2007, 18:57
Eric - PM sent, I ordered and got a paypal confirmation quite early in the process (about an hour or so after the CLM email hit), but no response yet...

sablair
08-02-2007, 19:18
Well, I just discovered the CLM for which I paid is still sitting in my "Cart" with no evidence other than my PayPal receipt that the membership had been purchased.

I have forwarded a copy of the receipt to Eric and we shall see what happens.

17 August 2007:

"What happens," was that Eric fixed it by 17 August, as promised.

Eric
08-02-2007, 20:00
Guys, if you have paid for the membership, everything is fine. I am absolutely buried in emails, orders and site details right now and it is going to take a while to dig out. I have to go to Texas Saturday morning and I will be back home and in front of my computer by Tuesday.

Before the paid tier launches, everyone who paid for a membership will have their membership set up and everyone who had any sort of problem ordering will have their problems taken care of.

If you think a problem occurred with your order, please send me an email with as much information as possible about the transaction and then please bear with me while I get caught up. When I have set up every membership I am aware of dealt with every problem I was emailed about, I will post an announcement to let people know I am caught up. If there is anyone at that point that has not been taken care of, they can contact me about it then.

Please do not be alarmed if you have not received a membership number or confirmation of your order, beyond the transaction receipt email. I have been pretty overwhelmed by the volume of orders placed and it will take me a while to dig out. As I said though, I will get everyone squared away. Thanks again for everyone's support. Eric

USMCsilver
08-02-2007, 20:05
Eric, forgive me if this has been covered, but do you have a probable launch date?

Sifting through the multiple theads is nearly impossible. Thanks for your understanding! :thumbsup:

Eric
08-02-2007, 20:09
Originally posted by USMCsilver
Eric, forgive me if this has been covered, but do you have a probable launch date?

Sifting through the multiple theads is nearly impossible. Thanks for your understanding! :thumbsup:

I really couldn't say at this point. This unexpected trip to Texas and the sheer volume of the response to the pre-sale of memberships has changed things a bit. It will certainly be up and complete by the end of the month and elements of the new system will start coming online as soon as late next week. I also just place a pretty substantial order for new equipment for the site and it should be in the first of the week after next. It is going to be a busy month. Eric

Cclass
08-02-2007, 20:16
Wow! CLM's were bumped from 50 to 100 and in less then 12 hours there are only 8 left. :shocked:

Congrats Eric. :thumbsup:

GPalmer
08-02-2007, 20:16
I also just place a pretty substantial order for new equipment for the site and it should be in the first of the week after next.
Yeah Baby! Geek Toys!!!! :supergrin:

08-02-2007, 20:22
Number 100!:banana: Post number, that is.:supergrin:

USMCsilver
08-02-2007, 20:37
I really couldn't say at this point. This unexpected trip to Texas and the sheer volume of the response to the pre-sale of memberships has changed things a bit. It will certainly be up and complete by the end of the month and elements of the new system will start coming online as soon as late next week. I also just place a pretty substantial order for new equipment for the site and it should be in the first of the week after next. It is going to be a busy month. Eric

That's cool. Hell, I don't mind any sort of delay, crap happens. I just wanted an estimate.

I'm looking forward to it! And, I'm happy for you. An average year's salary in less than two days is SWEET!

Eric
08-02-2007, 20:45
That's cool. Hell, I don't mind any sort of delay, crap happens. I just wanted an estimate.

I'm looking forward to it! And, I'm happy for you. An average year's salary in less than two days is SWEET!

Well, more than half of that just went out to pay for this equipment order and there will be other expenses with setup. It goes away fast.

I hope to get GT's equipment situation completely squared away with this money, get bills caught up and have enough left over to provide a three or four month cushion against lean months and unexpected expenses down the road. Then I can concentrate on making the new system so damned irresistible that it keeps bringing in new members.:supergrin: I will be happy when I am there. I love that sort of development work. Those of you out there that have been here from the beginning probably still remember how often this place used to change. I am a tinkerer and I will hopefully be to the point that I can indulge myself to everyone's benefit very soon. Eric

Short Cut
08-02-2007, 21:18
OK folks, 100 CLM's it is. Thanks again to everyone. Eric

Glad it got extended. Gave me the chance to see it when I got home and buy a CLM right away. I wouldn't have made it without the expansion.

Always glad to help you help us, Eric. I've gotten a lot of valuable information, laughs and met some great folks all because of Glock Talk over the years.

Keep up the great work! :patriot:

Proud to be a CLM. :thumbsup:

USMCsilver
08-02-2007, 21:22
Well, more than half of that just went out to pay for this equipment order and there will be other expenses with setup. It goes away fast.

I know... I've looked at some of that stuff before in some weird computer magazines and I was dumbfounded. It is outrageous what that stuff costs and I commend you on doing what you have thus far with so little.

I'm glad that your time has come, and I hope that it gets even better.

While you're in Texas, go out and treat yourself to a nice lobster dinner -- you've earned it! I'm sure that they have some fresh bugs somewhere over there! ;)

GPalmer
08-02-2007, 21:39
I know... I've looked at some of that stuff before in some weird computer magazines and I was dumbfounded. It is outrageous what that stuff costs and I commend you on doing what you have thus far with so little.
As an IT professional let me assure you, 12,500.00 for a server isn't all that pricey. It's sort of mid entry level compared to what we usually buy...

Darth Glocker
08-02-2007, 21:45
Just purchased a CLM! Paid with Pay Pal, hope I got in...:)

ramptester
08-02-2007, 21:57
Also just paid with Paypal. Would love to be one of the Charters!

Butch
08-02-2007, 22:52
I just got the email.....are there any left?

:patriot:

paynter2
08-03-2007, 05:44
Originally posted by Butch
I just got the email.....are there any left?

I'm with you Butch. They were sold out before I was aware that they were available. Guess you just aren't on the 'A' list that got their emails in time to purchase the CLMs before you even knew they were available for sale.

It will be interesting to see the names of the chosen few who got emails prior to 8/2...

Why am I not surprised - hell, I'm still waiting for my numbers to the first raffle. :upeyes:

HerrGlock
08-03-2007, 05:52
Originally posted by paynter2
It will be interesting to see the names of the chosen few who got emails prior to 8/2...

Apparently no one got an email prior to 8/2. Eric said as much in a couple threads around here.

Of course quite a few people saw the Paid Tier Memberships Now For Sale -- Please Read banner when it was put up on the forum board. I guess they clicked on the link from that and picked up a membership.

Butch
08-03-2007, 07:05
Apparently no one got an email prior to 8/2. Eric said as much in a couple threads around here.

Of course quite a few people saw the Paid Tier Memberships Now For Sale -- Please Read banner when it was put up on the forum board. I guess they clicked on the link from that and picked up a membership.
Yup....saw that, but missed out on the CLM.

Oh well, I was one of the first 20 members anyway, I guess that's 'charter' enough.

Rinspeed
08-03-2007, 08:01
I'm with you Butch. They were sold out before I was aware that they were available. Guess you just aren't on the 'A' list that got their emails in time to purchase the CLMs before you even knew they were available for sale.

Why am I not surprised - hell, I'm still waiting for my numbers to the first raffle. :upeyes:

I think your post is strange. Why would Eric care who got the CLMs?

mgcchkn
08-03-2007, 08:14
Originally posted by Rinspeed
Why would Eric care who got the CLMs?

I agree, I've been a member less than a year and have maybe 25 posts, but I got my email and promptly paid for my CLM. I may not be the most active person on the site, but I believe in what Eric is doing here and saw a great opportunity to help support this place and jumped on it. I know I've missed out on a lot of "exclusive" offers in my lifetime because they were "first come, first served" and I was a tad too late.

At least I don't think I'm on Eric's "A list." I've never spoken with him. :)

Jefs
08-03-2007, 08:16
Originally posted by Rinspeed
I think your post is strange. Why would Eric care who got the CLMs?

I disagree with that. I don't believe Eric would show favoritism and any mailing would be to all members of GT and not just a select few. Also frankly, I'd rather see a long-timer and frequent and valuable contributor such as Butch get a CLM over someone who hasn't been here and hasn't posted as valuable info such as myself. Just human nature, I suppose.

SS Dangit!
08-03-2007, 08:30

Good grief............ :upeyes:

Jefs
08-03-2007, 08:42
Originally posted by Butch
Yup....saw that, but missed out on the CLM.

Oh well, I was one of the first 20 members anyway, I guess that's 'charter' enough.

Butch, since you've been here (and valuable!) for such a long time, and since you signed on to be a member so quickly before the CLM's were even available, I'd gladly relinquish my CLM to you. I'll PM Eric about this and we'll get the details hashed out, but if you fund Eric, Eric can fund me and I'll step back down to Platinum and just wait for a regular LM down the road.

Poppa Bear
08-03-2007, 08:57
An important point to keep in mind is that Eric intended to sell 100 CLM's. He did not think there would enough interest to sell all 100 by the end of August, so he cut it back to 50. He was proven wrong because the first 50 were sold in 24 hours. He bumped it up to the originally planned 100 and those 50 took an additional 24 hours.

There are many people who are deserving of being recognized as charter members due to their time as members and their contributions to GT. No one could have predicted that 100 CLM's would sell that quickly and Eric even mentioned that he was afraid some of the deserving members would get snubbed because of speed with which they sold.

Glockaholic
08-03-2007, 09:39
Eric:

I am very happy to help. Thank you for all your hard work.:thumbsup:

Garweh
08-03-2007, 10:06
Have been a GlockTalk member for 5 years. Doubt that I am on the "A" list. DID NOT get an email about tier memberships/charter life membership because the GlockTalk database had my OLD email address (now updated to current email). Found out about paid tier memberships by reading the "Paid Tier Memberships Now For Sale--Please Read" banner at the top of the GlockTalk homepage. I purchased my platinum membership on 7/31. Saw the chance to upgrade to Charter Life Member (again, read the posted banner) on 8/1 and did so.

I am glad to help support this site as I visit it every day and sometimes multiple times in any given day. I read the banners at the top of the site and I acted on the info as soon as I read the banners. EARLY action on the info contained in the banner secured me Charter Life Membership Number 1.

SS Dangit!
08-03-2007, 10:12
Originally posted by Garweh
Have been a GlockTalk member for 5 years. Doubt that I am on the "A" list. DID NOT get an email about tier memberships/charter life membership because the GlockTalk database had my OLD email address (now updated to current email). Found out about paid tier memberships by reading the "Paid Tier Memberships Now For Sale--Please Read" banner at the top of the GlockTalk homepage. I purchased my platinum membership on 7/31. Saw the chance to upgrade to Charter Life Member (again, read the posted banner) on 8/1 and did so.

I am glad to help support this site as I visit it every day and sometimes multiple times in any given day. I read the banners at the top of the site and I acted on the info as soon as I read the banners. EARLY action on the info contained in the banner secured me Charter Life Membership Number 1.

You got number 1 and you're not on the A-List? Blasphemy!!:upeyes:

A-List, what a load of crapola. Any caste system on this site (with respect to the moderators) is in the minds of the users only.

IMHO

Poppa Bear
08-03-2007, 10:20
originally posted by Eric on another thread
If they don't all sell, I will offer the unpaid-for memberships in a drawing following the grand opening of the new system. We can also set several aside to give to deserving people that members here could nominate. If they all sell, I will make an additional ten or fifteen available for the two purposes I just mentioned.

I for one would nominate Butch as one of the deserving members.:wavey: :wavey:

SS Dangit!
08-03-2007, 10:31
Originally posted by Poppa Bear
I for one would nominate Butch as one of the deserving members.:wavey: :wavey:

But he's not on the A-List...:headscratch:
:upeyes:

HerrGlock
08-03-2007, 10:37
EARLY action on the info contained in the banner secured me Charter Life Membership Number 1.

Holy Frejolies, you beat Okie???
:shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

SS Dangit!
08-03-2007, 10:49
Holy Frejolies, you beat Okie???
:shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

He's old, he probably slept in Wednesday morning :supergrin:

Garweh
08-03-2007, 10:55
Yeah, Eric posted the CLM thread at 1833, I paid up at 1854. 21 minutes to sell the first CLM!

Agree that any caste system is in the minds of the users. I DO look forward to some member's posts more than others. That is my preference and not indicative of the existence of GlockTalk Royalty (with the exception of Eric and the moderators, of course!)!

Debob
08-03-2007, 17:02
I have only been here for a short time but, this site is one of the best, if not the best and any improments just makes it more so. I'm proud to help out by getting in with a CLM. Eric and all are doing a great job. I fill no special thing by this,but am lucky to be able afford the cost. I"m getting ready to retire soon and then i'm not sure that i could help as much. Again, great job Eric,and mods.:thumbsup:

MikeG22
08-04-2007, 00:14
I got #11. I happened to see it in the paid member forum thing where they were just made available and signed up. Lucky timing as much as anything. Good to work on a computer most of the day and take sanity breaks on GT!

mikecrw
08-04-2007, 18:52
Were we supposed to get a charter life member number? I got a confirmation e-mail. but no member number.

Alan
08-04-2007, 19:14
Originally posted by mikecrw
Were we supposed to get a charter life member number? I got a confirmation e-mail. but no member number.

Eric was overwhelmed by the support and is currently away on business, so this has backed him up a bit. He said would get caught up as soon as possible. He will send you confirmation and let you know your number.

mikecrw
08-04-2007, 19:32
Thanks Alan. I suspected it was something like that.

kpblade
08-04-2007, 23:12
I paid via Paypal 2 days ago, and I haven't got a confirmatory e-mail yet. ??? I do have the confirmatory e-mail from paypal stating the funds were sent to Eric, but nothing else from Glocktalk.

Darth Glocker
08-05-2007, 01:35
Originally posted by kpblade
I paid via Paypal 2 days ago, and I haven't got a confirmatory e-mail yet. ??? I do have the confirmatory e-mail from paypal stating the funds were sent to Eric, but nothing else from Glocktalk.

Ditto. Same thing for me, hope we hear soon...

WINGS
08-05-2007, 08:09
Not to worry guys. If you have a PayPal receipt you're fine and Eric will catch up with you.

axelrod
08-05-2007, 10:51
I wish Eric would post if the 100 CLMs are taken. I bought a Plat.
but would like a lifetime.

Cclass
08-05-2007, 11:31
Originally posted by axelrod
I wish Eric would post if the 100 CLMs are taken. I bought a Plat.
but would like a lifetime.

I'm 99.999999% sure that they are gone. They are no longer listed in the GT store and they were dropped from the paid tier link at the top of the page.

slo-mo
08-05-2007, 12:56
Being a PayPal "persona non gratis" (Need I say that the feeling is mutual?), I purchased a CLM by check and got this resply from Eric:

"Hi folks. If you purchased a CLM using the check/money order option, your membership is guaranteed as long as your payment is received within two weeks of the date of purchase. Any orders that aren't paid for in that time frame will be voided and the membership will be made available for others to buy.

I want to say thank you again to everyone who stepped up to support the site. I couldn't keep the place going without you. Eric"

I think is't safe to assume that the same courtesy is being extended to PayPal payees. The question that remains is the invemtory of remaining memberships, and I'm sure Eric will clear that up ASAP.

That being said, there will still be hope for those wishing to purchase until the full number have been paid for within the 2 week window and the CLM category officially closed. Until then, if you want one send payment if you can. The worst that can happen is a $250 refund.

adrianor
08-05-2007, 14:55
Originally posted by slo-mo
"persona non gratis" What? :rofl:

HerrGlock
08-05-2007, 14:56
Originally posted by adrianor
What? :rofl:

This person is not free. :animlol:

adrianor
08-05-2007, 15:11
This person is not free. :animlol:

Persona non Gratis doesnīt have any meaning in Spanish...maybe in Spanglish (spanish-english).

persona non gratis = No free person?

Thatīs why i said "What?" :D

Saludos HerrGlock :)

freepatriot
08-05-2007, 16:07

That is awesome. I wish we would hear from you more often Garweh. :)

slo-mo
08-05-2007, 17:18
OOPS, shoulda been "persona non grata". To clarify for, whoever really cares:

"Persona non grata" (Latin, plural: personae non gratae), literally meaning "an unwelcome person" , is a term used in diplomacy with a specialised and legally defined meaning. The opposite of persona non grata is persona grata. Term often used in International Law and Relations.

-From Wikipedia

itisbruno
08-05-2007, 23:25
Originally posted by slo-mo
Being a PayPal "persona non gratis" (Need I say that the feeling is mutual?), ...

Can't we just speak english here? :supergrin:

Xrunner
08-06-2007, 09:00
Like slo-mo mentioned, "persona non gratis" loosly means person not welcome and comes from latin, not Spanish.

Does anyone know for sure if the lifetime memberships are all sold?

HerrGlock
08-06-2007, 09:44
Originally posted by Xrunner
Like slo-mo mentioned, "persona non gratis" loosly means person not welcome and comes from latin, not Spanish.

We were giving him garbage for the use of gratis (free, without payment required) rather than non grata (no standing). that's all :supergrin:

The "20 Charter Life Membership" link at the top is no longer there, I would imagine that means that they're all gone.

axelrod
08-06-2007, 12:28
Eric

I want the ;ifetime membership, but i cant get that link to work for me. What Now?

Xrunner
08-09-2007, 01:45
Sorry Herr, I can be a little slow in the mornings before my coffee kicks in. :D

Fraggle09027
08-09-2007, 17:51
Originally posted by axelrod
Eric

I want the ;ifetime membership, but i cant get that link to work for me. What Now?

I assumed they were all sold, what link?

mgcchkn
08-09-2007, 19:50
I'm pretty sure (like 99.99%) all the Charter Lifetime Memberships were sold out within the first 48 hours of being offered.

Warp
08-09-2007, 21:34
Originally posted by Fraggle09027
I assumed they were all sold, what link?

Oh yeah, they all sold. Quickly.

2 or 3 days.

At first it was supposed to be only 50...maybe another 10 added later. People starting snatching them up left and right. Expanded to 100. Still sold out in a few days or less.

kevbo
08-10-2007, 16:48
WOOOOOOT

CLM number 65!

Thanks Eric.

kpblade
08-10-2007, 17:35
Originally posted by kevbo
WOOOOOOT

CLM number 65!

Thanks Eric.

How were you notified, I'm still awaiting some sort of notification, email,pm, etc.

Nicky D
08-10-2007, 17:57
How were you notified, I'm still awaiting some sort of notification, email,pm, etc.

I got an email with order the status of my order and with my #.

Darth Glocker
08-10-2007, 19:04
Originally posted by Nicky D
I got an email with order the status of my order and with my #.

Good to know, I'm still waiting...

seanmac45
08-10-2007, 19:23
I got the e-mail confirmation two days ago. Eric is working his way through the transactions.

Give him some time.

sdsnet
08-10-2007, 19:44
Number 43 for me...

GlocksterJeff
08-11-2007, 14:00
I have CLM number 90. I really like this site and visit most every day. I was happy to do my bit for the cause - Glock's domination of the world! :)

Raden
08-11-2007, 16:05
#46 here

itisbruno
08-11-2007, 18:03
Folks with numbers, where did you get them, via email used to pay with paypal?

I hope I got # 69 :supergrin:

slo-mo
08-11-2007, 18:46
Eric replied by email with the number.

Your hopes are futile. That one's mine. :tongueout: ..... :rofl:

......................................................:laughabove:

The world's least questioned excuse for missing work....
"The voices in my head told me to stay home and clean guns today."

Cclass
08-11-2007, 18:48
I paid with Paypal and received an E-mail with my number.

Snip from E-mail:

Date Ordered: Wednesday 01 August, 2007

The comments for your order are

You are number sixteen. Thanks for your support.

Your order has been updated to the following status.

New status: Processing - Lifetime

Please reply to this email if you have any questions.

itisbruno
08-11-2007, 22:16
Thanks, CClas! I have a paypal receipt but no verification with a member number yet, no biggie ... Eric needs time to relax and heal up.

slo-mo - I like you ... not so much :tongueout:

Eric
08-11-2007, 23:13
Originally posted by itisbruno
Thanks, CClas! I have a paypal receipt but no verification with a member number yet, no biggie ... Eric needs time to relax and heal up.

slo-mo - I like you ... not so much :tongueout:

You probably won't recognize the 69 anyway. The numbers on the icons will be in Roman numerals. Personally, I think 19 is my favorite. Eric

WINGS
08-12-2007, 08:27
"Favorite" Roman Numerals.......your serious, right????
That could be a new thread..........LOL
They'er worth nothing if the don't have 5 numerals in the string!!!
:animlol: :animlol: :animlol: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
:shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :upeyes: :upeyes: :upeyes:

Roman Numerals

One I
Two II
Three III
Four IV
Five V
Six VI
Seven VII
Eight VIII
Nine IX
Ten X
Eleven XI
Twelve XII
Thirteen XIII
Fourteen XIV
Fifteen XV
Sixteen XVI
Seventeen XVII
Eighteen XVIII
Nineteen XIX
Twenty XX
Thirty XXX
Forty XL
Fifty L
Sixty LX
Seventy LXX
Eighty LXXX
Ninety XC
One hundred C
Five hundred D
One thousand M

Warp
08-12-2007, 08:33
30. :)

itisbruno
08-12-2007, 11:25
Originally posted by Warp
30. :)

Yep, that is the one, Warp.

I have no chance of getting that one, I got in late cause I didn't have access to a "secure" PC from mom's house.

XXX

:banana:

Lark1
08-12-2007, 12:33
Are all of the clm's sold and, if not, how do you order one? When I click on the store, I do not see the clm icon.

Thanks,

Lark

Warp
08-12-2007, 12:34
Originally posted by Lark1
Are all of the clm's sold and, if not, how do you order one? When I click on the store, I do not see the clm icon.

Thanks,

Lark

They are long since sold out.

Regular one year paid tier is left.

kpblade
08-12-2007, 15:29
Paid for my CLM on 8/2 via Paypal. Still no confirmatory e-mail from Eric. What's unusual is that My Account in the webstore shows the CLM in the shopping cart, but no purchase made despite my receipt from paypal. Eric, email sent.

Darth Glocker
08-12-2007, 16:34
Paid for my CLM on 8/2 via Paypal. Still no confirmatory e-mail from Eric. What's unusual is that My Account in the webstore shows the CLM in the shopping cart, but no purchase made despite my receipt from paypal. Eric, email sent.

Same situation here. Paid w/PayPal on 8/2, have the CLM showing in my cart, have a receipt, e-mailed Eric on 8/8, and have heard nothing.
Too soon to send more messages?

itisbruno
08-12-2007, 21:52
Originally posted by Darth Glocker
Same situation here. Paid w/PayPal on 8/2, have the CLM showing in my cart, have a receipt, e-mailed Eric on 8/8, and have heard nothing.
Too soon to send more messages?

Same here, don' sweat it ... lets give the guy who runs the joint some time to recover.

Plus, he just ordered lots of new equipment, he may have new toys he is playing with :supergrin:

succo
08-13-2007, 14:01

Same happend to me. Eric told me to wait, he is still at work to go through all the orders...

And I'm so impatient .....

:wavey:

Marc1956
08-14-2007, 06:34
I'm in, I'm in!:banana: :banana: I'm happy with being #66 cause I can use a cool avatar! Glad to be part of the Charter Crew and a better supporter of GT. Thanks for all you do, Eric!

TimB92020
08-15-2007, 03:44
I got #77 :-) I've been a lurker here for a long time and just finally got around to registering last year. I really enjoy this site and am glad to have been able to get in on the CLM.

-Tim

Edit: Still patiently waiting for my CLM status to show beneath my name in my posts.

Nicky D
08-15-2007, 05:19
Originally posted by TimB92020
I got #77 :-) I've been a lurker here for a long time and just finally got around to registering last year. I really enjoy this site and am glad to have been able to get in on the CLM.

-Tim

Edit: Still patiently waiting for my CLM status to show beneath my name in my posts.

That is something thing that you can type in yourself. Goto the user CP and you can change your title from junior member to anything else such as your CLM#.

nhjsg
08-15-2007, 16:30
Hi-

I'm trying to contain myself, but seeing CLM's at 77, and having a confirmed paypal purchase only a few hours after the CLM's opened (PM of purchase confirm from paypal sent) I'm a bit concerned about falling through the cracks. The PM I sent on 8/2 with the paypal transaction details remains unread. I suppose if "LXXX" is available (or perhaps "C"), I'd be happy, but at two weeks waiting I am a bit anxious....

- John

TimB92020
08-15-2007, 18:22
Originally posted by Nicky D
That is something thing that you can type in yourself. Goto the user CP and you can change your title from junior member to anything else such as your CLM#.

Nick,

Thanks for the reply, but I'm not seeing the ability to change my title. The only options I was able to find were either adding an avatar or a signature.

Maybe I'm just a dummy :-)

-Tim

c-mama
08-15-2007, 18:27
Tim, go to your user cp.

Click Edit Profile

11 options down, you see should see Custom User Text:

You can change that after a certain number of posts. I think 10.

succo
08-15-2007, 22:30
Hi Tim,

I guess this function is disabled as long as you are "Junior Member". It tooks a couple of weeks ...

succo
08-15-2007, 23:25
... or some days, I don't know how this is related to your posts.

TimB92020
08-16-2007, 04:58
C-Mama and Succo,

Thanks to both of you for the help. I'll give it another try after I've made a few more posts.

-Tim

Edit: Hey! It worked!! I must have just hit the magic number of posts, because I swear I didn't see that option before. Thanks again for the help :-)

Warp
08-16-2007, 09:19
Originally posted by TimB92020
C-Mama and Succo,

Thanks to both of you for the help. I'll give it another try after I've made a few more posts.

-Tim

Edit: Hey! It worked!! I must have just hit the magic number of posts, because I swear I didn't see that option before. Thanks again for the help :-)

Yes, you did.

This is your 11th post. You need ten before you can do that. Enjoy. :)

kpblade
08-17-2007, 12:54
Eric just notified me that I'm CLM #100, in by the skin of my teeth.

itisbruno
08-17-2007, 16:27
I ordered relatively early, but there was a problem with my order.

Donno if it was a PEBKAC (problem exists between keyboard and chair) or computer error, but there were a few others with this issue, as I am CLM #103.

Darth Glocker
08-17-2007, 18:14
Heard from Eric, CLM #104. I guess some of us had problems with our orders. Oh well, who cares, I'm in!

08-18-2007, 02:30
And I thought I was the only one with the problem. Paid via PayPal on Aug 1st. Eric notified me yesterday, CLM #101.:wavey:

succo
08-18-2007, 03:18
i had the same problem, but Eric notified me yesterday. And now: I'm proud to have CLM # 98

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

zeke013
08-18-2007, 10:30
CLM # 101, 103 and 104?!?

Did you guys get confirmation you are IN, or are you on the waiting list for check purchases that fall through? I'm confused. . . I thought there would only be 100.

Eric
08-18-2007, 10:46
CLM # 101, 103 and 104?!?

Did you guys get confirmation you are IN, or are you on the waiting list for check purchases that fall through? I'm confused. . . I thought there would only be 100.

There were enough problem orders that didn't get recorded that the total number of orders has exceeded 100 orders. Once the dust settles and all the problem orders are fixed, I will round the number of CLM's up to the nearest multiple of 5 and offer those last few memberships for sale, so we have a round number of CLM's. Eric

itisbruno
08-18-2007, 10:59
Thanks Eric.

Just so I don't make the same mistake again, was it a PEBKAC error on my part during the checkout process? "Looks" like pay by check may have been the default option and I selected the paypal icon, or an issue beyond my control?

Sorry I caused a problem, but I am happy to support the joint.

Eric
08-18-2007, 12:45
Originally posted by itisbruno
Thanks Eric.

Just so I don't make the same mistake again, was it a PEBKAC error on my part during the checkout process? "Looks" like pay by check may have been the default option and I selected the paypal icon, or an issue beyond my control?

Sorry I caused a problem, but I am happy to support the joint.

The problem lies with how Pay Pal hands the transaction back to the shopping cart. The end of the Pay Pal transaction looks a bit like the end of the transaction and people don't click back through to my site. Pay Pal has recently changed their API to give webmasters more choices in how the transaction coordination occurs. I just haven't had the time to upgrade my shopping cart to eliminate this potential problem. No biggie though. It is a little extras work for me, but everyone will get taken care of. Eric

Biggerhammer
08-18-2007, 13:35
CLM #95

Thanks Eric!

ChiefBDT
08-19-2007, 05:50
I'd like to buy one of these Charter Memberships. Please e mail me if one is still available as I don't get to the GT forum as often as I'd like to.
Thank You Very Much,
ChiefBDT

Fraggle09027
08-19-2007, 11:15
Originally posted by ChiefBDT
I'd like to buy one of these Charter Memberships. Please e mail me if one is still available as I don't get to the GT forum as often as I'd like to.
Thank You Very Much,
ChiefBDT

Same here Eric, just shoot a e-mail and I'll upgrade.

Jeff82
08-19-2007, 11:27
So, can a CLM be banned?

Nicky D
08-19-2007, 11:35
Originally posted by Jeff82
So, can a CLM be banned?

From what I have read when this was asked before the answer is YES. If you break the rules and do not shape up when given a warning then you will be banned Member or not.

Warp
08-19-2007, 11:36
So, can a CLM be banned?

Hell yes.

The TOS applies to everybody.

EASTTEXGLOCKER
08-19-2007, 16:56
YES , + M (1000 ) what WARP said.

Jeff82
08-19-2007, 17:14
Is the $250 confiscated or returned?

Warp
08-19-2007, 17:20

I hope this question never needs answered.

WINGS
08-20-2007, 08:59
Eric
Are you going to call CLM's 101 to 112 the "Dirty Dozen" ?? LOL

Darth Glocker
08-20-2007, 22:08
Originally posted by WINGS
Eric
Are you going to call CLM's 101 to 112 the "Dirty Dozen" ?? LOL

Maybe the "Ditzy Dozen". Apparently some of us couldn't figure out how to work the store :badpc:

Hearmoretalkless
08-23-2007, 13:23

I hope neither -- if someone violates the TOS so severely that they warrant banning, they don't deserve a refund.

WINGS
08-23-2007, 14:49
Originally posted by Darth Glocker
Maybe the "Ditzy Dozen". Apparently some of us couldn't figure out how to work the store :badpc:
You aren't alone. They sure don't make it easy to give your money away!

Jeff82
08-23-2007, 18:22
Originally posted by Hearmoretalkless
I hope neither -- if someone violates the TOS so severely that they warrant banning, they don't deserve a refund. We can only hope that any "banning" is done with more thought than what goes into closing a thread. $250 is no small sum of money to lose cause someone has a skewed perspective over what you may or may not have intended with your writings.

I don't support folks who violate TOS but it's pretty easy to get into a heated dialog with some, particularly if you are passionate about things as most red-blooded Americans are. What a shame losing your money and membership when you are defending some great idea or value of yours from some pointy headed, mealy-mouthed, nannystate-needing, diaper-wearing boot licker. (See how easy it is?)

Even after asking for a "reason why" a thread is closed (not to "justify" but to learn for future reference) from someone closing a thread the consensus was, "we don't need no stinkin' reasons and even if we did we don't have to tell you!" Yeah, that's a POS answer but can you imagine getting the same after seeing your $250 bucks go by-by? Oh and that was another answer after the "we don't need to tell you nuthin'" line: "BUH-by!" How condescending and immature. Are these the same folks that will determine if you're banned or not? Sorry, I'll hang on to my money until a more equitable system is put in place.

Eric
08-23-2007, 18:39
We can only hope that any "banning" is done with more thought than what goes into closing a thread. $250 is no small sum of money to lose cause someone has a skewed perspective over what you may or may not have intended with your writings.

I don't support folks who violate TOS but it's pretty easy to get into a heated dialog with some, particularly if you are passionate about things as most red-blooded Americans are. What a shame losing your money and membership when you are defending some great idea or value of yours from some pointy headed, mealy-mouthed, nannystate-needing, diaper-wearing boot licker. (See how easy it is?)

Even after asking for a "reason why" a thread is closed (not to "justify" but to learn for future reference) from someone closing a thread the consensus was, "we don't need no stinkin' reasons and even if we did we don't have to tell you!" Yeah, that's a POS answer but can you imagine getting the same after seeing your $250 bucks go by-by? Oh and that was another answer after the "we don't need to tell you nuthin'" line: "BUH-by!" How condescending and immature. Are these the same folks that will determine if you're banned or not? Sorry, I'll hang on to my money until a more equitable system is put in place.

You go ahead and hang onto your money and if you can think of a more <i>equitable</i> solution than we have employed here, I would like to see you put your money where your mouth is and base your own site on your lofty ideals.

What we have here is the product of a decade of effort and experimentation and it functions just fine. There have been hundreds of armchair experts over the years that have second-guessed my methods and policies, yet here my site is, still going and growing. It is nice to sit back and blue-sky an ideal world or website, but I deal in reality. I build things that work. This site works. Winston Churchill once said that democracy was the worst form of government on Earth... Except for all the rest. My method of administering this site might not be ideal, but it is better than anything else I have come across so far.

I don't want anyone's money that doesn't care for and support this site. You aren't buying a horse or a condo here. You are helping to support this community and getting some perks for your efforts. If you can't get behind that concept, then you will probably not be happy with the expenditure. Eric

For the record, I am the only person that bans people here and I don't take having to do so lightly. EP

KeithS
08-23-2007, 19:37
I have provided my support with no preconditions or any expectations of special recognition. I read much more than I post, and only post to ask for information, or when I feel I can provide information, not to try to change anyone's mind, or to justify my views. I have no reason to argue as I figure that I have, at best, another 30 years, and then everything will be someone else's problem.

Jeff82
08-23-2007, 19:44
For the record, I am the only person that bans people here and I don't take having to do so lightly. EP I'm feeling better already! Now I know that "bans" are completely controlled by you. That's a step in the "equitable system" direction I mentioned earlier, (my awareness of it, not saying said system wasn't already in place.) On the other hand, some threads get closed and there's no telling why or whatfore. Seems to be complete discretion by the mod. Not saying they shouldn't have it but in those threads that are seemingly not violating any TOS it would help to avoid future incidents if a reason were posted. "Closed due to xxxxxx." Courtesy.

And for the record, you know I support you and this site. Granted I'm not Mr. MoneyPockets but I do enter every raffle, buy my Christmas presents here, wear my GT hat (which I've had my nic monogrammed on), contributed $$, and bought a membership. Not knowing how "bans" are handled leaves one to think about how "closed threads" are handled. With those "unknowns" $250 is too steep for me to risk losing in one shot cause someone got up on the wrong side of the bed that day. Not in my comfort zone, yet.

GotGlock1917
08-23-2007, 20:11
On the other hand, some threads get closed and there's no telling why or whatfore. Seems to be complete discretion by the mod.

I've seen threads closed that did not violate TOS, but it was clear that they were about to turn into giant bitter arguments and needed to be nipped in the bud. I have never seen a thread closed that I could not discern why it was closed.

Short Cut
08-23-2007, 21:10
I agree with GotGlock1917. When threads are closed not everybody is happy about it, but they can all see it degrading and ceasing to be civil or useful. But really there's a big difference between being a participant in a closed thread to being banned. The ones that are banned are the ones that continually cause threads to be closed.

Being a former mod, on a non related forum, I can tell you that it is task enough for a mod just to read threads and follow up on PMs regarding threads that are turning sour. When a mod needs to close threads it is often times overly time consuming to explain what the problem is and even then is likely to springboard into further disagreement.

Redondo
08-31-2007, 16:56
I've supported this board in the past, for what it HAS did for me. It was a major help in my healing process from cancer surgery quite a few years ago. This board, and its members kept me company when I needed it. I had been recently divorced, and feeling pretty low, but this place picked me up. I've tried to support it ever since. I never once felt that my support deserved any special treatment, and it shouldn't. I've been warned about posts, a couple of times, took it to heart, and cleaned up my act. Rules are rules. It ain't rocket science folks, and when it gets a little heated, I've never seen a banning without ample warning. Nuff said, thanks Eric. Dave

Eric
08-31-2007, 17:40
Originally posted by Redondo
I've supported this board in the past, for what it HAS did for me. It was a major help in my healing process from cancer surgery quite a few years ago. This board, and its members kept me company when I needed it. I had been recently divorced, and feeling pretty low, but this place picked me up. I've tried to support it ever since. I never once felt that my support deserved any special treatment, and it shouldn't. I've been warned about posts, a couple of times, took it to heart, and cleaned up my act. Rules are rules. It ain't rocket science folks, and when it gets a little heated, I've never seen a banning without ample warning. Nuff said, thanks Eric. Dave

Thanks Dave. You are a class act. People like you make running this place worth the effort. Eric

HerrGlock
08-31-2007, 18:56
I actually couldn't care less what the different tiers give.

Firefox have spell check built in and I've still got a terabyte or two spare on my own servers for graphics and misc fun stuff.

I just know how much it takes to keep something like this up and I'm happy as all get out to be a part of it and hope to give as much as I've gotten over the years here. :supergrin:

Redondo
09-02-2007, 15:08
109 for me. Dirty Dozen, Ditzy Dozen, it's all the same to me. :) I put my check in the mail. I would have got in sooner, but I hadn't made the connection about Charter Memberships. Maybe "DITZY" does fits me better. ;) My hope is all that signed up send in the money. If you haven't, remember some of us are ready to snap up one of those first 100 numbers. I for one am happy to be involved in any "Charter" membership at GT, no matter what my number ends up!!

freepatriot
09-04-2007, 16:28
Firefox <strike>have</strike> has spell check built in and I've still got a terabyte or two spare on my own servers for graphics and misc fun stuff.

Needs grammar check :supergrin: :supergrin: :supergrin:

HerrGlock
09-04-2007, 16:39
Originally posted by freepatriot
Needs grammar check :supergrin: :supergrin: :supergrin:

Nah, I needed to pay more attention to what I was doing :supergrin:

cowpuncher/pi
09-04-2007, 19:20
I signed up for a charter membership on the 2nd of Aug. Have not heard anything yet. Sent an email. Is everything cool? Regards

pupcuss27
09-06-2007, 17:53
Mailed the extra money tonight for the CLM Eric.

Sent the balance and ordered through the GlockShop.

Doc Holliday
09-06-2007, 20:47
...edited...

Forget it.

fyrfytrcwd
09-06-2007, 21:02
Well, I'm all in... Just upgraded from the Platinum to the CLM and sent the PayPal payment. Keep up the great work, Eric! Glad to hear that you are feeling better!

Redondo
09-07-2007, 18:36
I'm curious, I ordered a Glock Clock a few weeks ago. Am I out of line whining about not getting it? I think the time is near, but then again, how would I know? :)

Geko45
09-07-2007, 18:56
CLM order sent! Hope I made it before they were all sold out... Keep up the good work Eric!

FullClip
09-12-2007, 12:01
Chipped in for a CLM....know the funds will go to good use.:thumbsup:

I'd been feeling like a cheap-skate by not helping out more to keep things up and running.

StuckInCa
09-13-2007, 16:27
Just ordered my CLM...

-Andy

Redondo
09-14-2007, 08:12
Originally posted by Redondo
I'm curious, I ordered a Glock Clock a few weeks ago. Am I out of line whining about not getting it? I think the time is near, but then again, how would I know? :) Got my clock, and my CLM! Great looking clock!

FireGuy
09-15-2007, 00:33
Just ordered the CLM. Will mail the check today - probably the only one you'll get from this APO (09363)- no stamp needed...:supergrin:

Sorry about not using PP but since they lost 2k from my account last time I was playing in the sandbox. Wouldn't have been so bad if there was some way it was my mistake but I couldn't even access the account with an Iraqi IP. :deadhorse:

So - check's in the mail...

Scott - Have Laptop, Will Travel :ffighter:

glockpacker
09-15-2007, 08:33
I just ordered a CLM also.

The check is being picked up today at noon. If the USPS would like to do it's job, it should be there Tuesday.

GlockerDoug
09-15-2007, 16:42
I put in my order for CLM via PP. Great Website!

Redondo
09-15-2007, 17:25
Deleted, but I still dislike PP.

Redondo
09-28-2007, 04:26
Deleted

FullClip
10-02-2007, 14:16
PayPal took the money out of my account 10 September, but haven't got any feed back yet? Not sure what to expect with the CLM anyway...just hoping all is OK.

Eric
10-02-2007, 15:49
Guys, I am posting announcements as new stuff happens. I posted a new time-line and other info in the update thread stickied at the top of the forum. As soon as new info becomes available it will be posted here. Eric