Shipping/OH to NY [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Shipping/OH to NY

willw118
08-01-2007, 15:51
Looking to ship a rifle I sold a person in NY. The person in NY called his FFL to get a copy of his license to send me and he said I didn't need one if I sent the rifle via the U.S. Post Office. Two persons now have told me I don't have to use an FFL if I ship using the U.S. Post Office. Anyone have any info. on the subject?

nehpets99
08-02-2007, 10:20
From the NRA's website:

Personally owned rifles and shotguns may be mailed or shipped to an FFL in any state for any lawful purpose, including sale, repair, or customizing.

Looks like you have to ship to their FFL.

From the ATF:

"The Postal Service recommends that longguns be sent by registered mail and that no marking of any kind which would indicate the nature of the contents be placed on the outside of any parcel containing firearms"

I'm no expert so I would suggest just shipping to their FFL. If I'm wrong, someone'll be around to correct me.

Heath, eh? I have a friend there.

willw118
08-02-2007, 11:46
Hey thanks. It's hard to believe an FFL holder is telling this guy it is legal for me to ship that way.

nehpets99
08-02-2007, 15:30
Like I said, I'm just quoting the internet and I'm no expert. When in doubt, call the people who know (post office, your local FFL, etc.). Just double check me, is what I'm saying.