Is this the end of the fund raisers? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Is this the end of the fund raisers?

Cclass
08-01-2007, 19:02
Just wondering if the paid tier means no more fund raisers? While I'm sure they were a lot of work to set up, I did enjoy them. Kind of like buying lottery tickets that I actually had a chance of winning. It was also fun to see people you know win some cool stuff. Plus at only $10 a ticket it gives non members and people without a lot of discretionary cash a way to contribute.

HerrGlock
08-01-2007, 19:13
I hope not :supergrin:

umc
08-01-2007, 20:09
I hope not either, I still need to win something better than a sticker for all the money I've dumped into the raffles.:supergrin:

Eric
08-01-2007, 22:44
Hi folks. I'm afraid it is the end of the fundraisers. It has always been my intention to move to a format like this to support myself and the site. It has just taken MUCH longer than I originally planned. I never liked having to come to you all with my hat in my hand and run another fundraiser, but they kept me and the site afloat and everyone's support is appreciated.

This is not to say that we won't be setting up some sort of continuing prize giveaway system, as part of the paid tier. I am not sure what form the new system will take, but we will be setting up something. Please feel free to share any ideas on this you may have. Eric

Cclass
08-02-2007, 04:08
I understand. For what it's worth, I never saw you as 'hat in hand' when holding fund raisers. I'll be looking forward to tier contests. I'm sure whatever you come up with won't disappoint.

G19Tony
08-02-2007, 07:54
Originally posted by Cclass
I understand. For what it's worth, I never saw you as 'hat in hand' when holding fund raisers. I'll be looking forward to tier contests. I'm sure whatever you come up with won't disappoint.

I agree. Public radio and TV comes to us twice a year, and they don't give away guns! :banana:

umc
08-02-2007, 08:42
The idea I have is to have a raffle then, not a fundraiser and keep it the same format as before, 10 dollars a ticket and have all the same great prizes.

Everyone loves a raffle especially when they have a chance to win some great items and the best part about the tier system now is that you don't have to spin the raffle as a fun raiser to fix equipment.

Eddie C.
08-02-2007, 10:26
We could always buy tickets at a set amount, say $10.00 each like in the past. Then take half of what we raised and buy prizes and the other half could go into upkeep and upgrades for the site or to another worthy charity. Like in the past, how many increments of $10.00 you put in will get you that many tickets.

Prizes of course will have to be purchased and dispersed by preselected members.

Eddie

Usingmyrights
08-02-2007, 11:36
While I usually didn't have the extra cash at the time of the fundraisers, I would like to see them continue. We could take a $10 ticket and put $5 of it toward prizes, $3 towards the site, and $2 could go into a fund to help GTers in need. It would nice to be able to help each other out in times of need through a special fund. Of course it wouldn't be a "I need money" fund, but a discretionary/voted on fund.

Redondo
08-31-2007, 17:46
I've always enjoyed the raffles, and hope we can keep doing something, maybe along the lines of what Eddie suggested. 2nd prize: Eddie's cap. First: Well... I want and autographed picture of Eddie, without it! ;)

DaGroaner
09-01-2007, 07:03
I won a Glock Armorers Bench Mat and while I feel forunate to have won it... I know I can do better. ;)

Keep those fundraising raffles coming, they relieve my urge to gamble. :)

Carolina Drifter
09-01-2007, 13:53
Originally posted by Eddie C.
We could always buy tickets at a set amount, say $10.00 each like in the past. Then take half of what we raised and buy prizes and the other half could go into upkeep and upgrades for the site or to another worthy charity. Like in the past, how many increments of $10.00 you put in will get you that many tickets.

Prizes of course will have to be purchased and dispersed by preselected members.

Eddie

I am all for the raffles. Keep 'em coming.

IndyGunFreak
09-05-2007, 20:46
I concur with everyone above. If the site can afford it, and it ends up "profitable" for Eric, keep them coming. I never won anything, but I always try to throw 50-60 bucks at them when they come around.

I hope you find a way to implement them in your future plans so we can have them again.
what

IGF

Witchhunter
09-06-2007, 14:57
test

HerrGlock
09-25-2007, 04:44
(edit, my original post now makes no sense :supergrin: )

I still hope not, I like the raffles, even though I've never won anything