Looking for a particular Gun Magazine [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a particular Gun Magazine

CatsMeow
08-01-2007, 19:40
Guys and Gals,fellow Glockers,

I am looking for a particular gun magazine of 80s vintage. I don't remember the name, but the picture was of, to put it delicately, a lady's denimed rear, with a Tanfoglio stuffed into the right rear pocket. The authors of the articles in it were those of Combat Handguns (Leroy Thompson, etc.), and one article that stuck to my mind had the title "IPSC can get you killed".

I lost my copy in the mid 80's, and its loss has haunted me since. I remember seeing one at a gun range in Quezon Avenue (the one at the top floor of a building in front of a hotel, I don't remember the name) in early 1996. I don't care if it will be dog-eared as of this time, but if any of you out there has one, I'll be glad to buy it. I'll be in Manila next week.

PLEASE. IF ANYBODY HAS ONE, I WOULD BE GLAD TO BUY IT. PLEASE PM ME.

Thanks!

bulm540
08-01-2007, 20:36
Sounds like AMerican handgunner.

danger26
08-01-2007, 21:30
you can try the search engine in American handgunner for your particular article. (it searches by title) it can search from 1982 till the present.
http://www.americanhandgunner.com/search.html

There were a few articles that made reference to the title you are looking for, but am not sure if it is exactly the article you are looking for. hope this helps.

CatsMeow
08-01-2007, 21:56
Hi all,

It's definitely not American Handgunner. I got the 20th Anniversary Edition American Handgunner (the one with the AutoMag featured), and they had a display of all the magazine covers from the start to 1996. No lady's backside with Tanfoglio there. Anyway American Handgunner had better paper than that one and great color pictures (that one didn't but was no less informative). I think it was a special from Combat Handguns as it had its authors, at least in the mid 80s. Thing is I can't find it on the net.

To show that magazine's vintage, I recall that there were no Glocks, Detonics was still featured, and the Smith and Wesson autos still had three-digit models (i.e. 469).

Thanks!